“No problems, I would stay again”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Dover Downtown
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I've read the other comments and I stay there for the weekend and had no problems. I checked my bed before lying in it and found nothing.Thats why each time I travel, I look under the bed before I lay in it for bed bugs. It was very close to where I was going and that was the Casino. I like that you can check in at 2pm, you in walking distant to the burger shop, popeyes chicken and a family restaurant that serves a nice breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 May 2011

Room/carpet was gross- Paint peeling at shower head.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cece5935
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We stopped here without reading reviews first- BIG MISTAKE! I woke up in the morning with hundreds of bites all over my body, which I thought were hives at first. Luckily we realized before we got home, so we were able to quarantine our luggage. If we hadn't, we could have brought them home with us, and this one night could have cost us thousands of dollars. Bed bugs are no joke!

I had never really thought much about bed bugs, but I will NEVER stay in a hotel without reading reviews and checking the actual room for bed bugs. This was the most disgusting thing that ever happened to me- I still have nightmares about bugs crawling on me.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank RJMOM
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We reached Dover on graduation weekend, so the availability of decent hotels was limited, and we ended up having to stay at the Red Roof Inn.
It didn't look too bad from the outside and the front desk staff was very friendly, but the rooms themselves certainly showed their age. The bath rooms in particular are small and slightly nasty. One of the rooms had ants crawling their way through the A/C.

Breakfast is a cheap affair of packaged muffins and bad coffee best taken on-the-go since there are only two rickety tables and no maintenance service to speak of.

So if you are forced to stay here you'll likely come out alive on the other side, but if you have a choice then by all means choose someplace else.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank GermanyTraveler
Reviewed 4 September 2008

Great place for the money. Clean and comfortable. Easy access to the casino and RT. 1. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2007

My office manager made this reservation for me, so I had no say in my hotel accomidations. From the minute I arrived, this place was a total disappointment. Thank the lord I only had to stay one night and was able to cancel my second nite and get out of town!!!

The woman at the front desk was absolutely rude to me from the minute I checked in. No friendliness at all and reluctance to answer questions about billing, cost per night, and internet access.

The room itself was sub-par. There was a strange smell inside the room, almost like they tried some uber-powerful cleaner that really didn't do much but make the room smell even worse. The carpet was stained and the bed didn't even have a full bottom-sheet - it was one of those half sheets you'd see on a display bed at a mattress store!

The bathroom was a wreck! There was mildew in the shower and dried urine on the toilet seat and on the floor.

It's also located right next to a 24 hour liquor store/general store that had some shady characters hanging around at nite, which, as a solo traveler, made me feel quite uncomfortable.

The free breakfast the next morning = brown bananas, plastic-wrapped mini donuts.

Everything about this hotel was just awful. Spend the extra $20 and go across the street to the Marriott!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LauraLovesZippy
Reviewed 26 September 2007

A decent warning to stayers of room 213.
(or adjacent rooms among the premises.) After deciding to retire for the evening after a very friendly check-in and being informed of their recently added free wi-fi. I Immediately discovered a very decent infestation of bedbugs. After 2 minutes of being in the bed I acquired over 150 bites and switched rooms immediately. Being in town for business and being required to stay here a second night I am sleepless and ungodly itchy and waiting for the manager (who has yet to be available for communication) to talk to. I honestly look like I went swimming in poison Oak and have been applying Cortaid like suntan lotion all day. Advisory for anyone staying here, please look through all linens before accepting your assigned room. I would hate for anyone else to have to go through this.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DARG