“Friendly and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Dover Downs Casino

Dover Downs Casino
Ranked #2 of 35 things to do in Dover
More attraction details
Owner description: A huge entertainment venue that features horse racing, a hotel and restaurant, plus 2,000 slot machines ranging from a nickel to $50 per play.
Baltimore, Maryland
577 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 297 helpful votes
“Friendly and fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

Casino has everything that you would be interested in, video table games, slots, restaurant. Good time for everyone. Unforunately NO table games!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank tammyBaltimore_Md

Ormond Beach
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Our first time playing the slots as a group with Wizard of Oz! We had a super time. Went with friends--locals-- and did NOT have time to try the restaurants.

3 Thank HappyOakdale_NY
Clarksville, Tennessee
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 411 helpful votes
“fun place if you HAVE to be in Dover!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Dover would not be my first choice to have a good time, but if it was my only choice, i would spend time at Dover Downs. The table games were what you would expect from a casino, and the races were fun to watch during the all you can eat buffet.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank GDGandTBiggs
Virginia Beach, Virginia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 187 helpful votes
“Reasonable Games, Sports Gamblings, But Be Careful at Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

It had been awhile since my wife and I had been to Dover. In recent years, Dover Casino opened live tables and became only 1 of 2 places in the country (Las Vegas being the other) to have a "Sports Book". All exciting and turned out to be reasonable. Most tables had minimums of $5/hand. Having just come from Atlantic City, that was very refreshing. The dealers were all very friendly and the pit staff was very welcoming.

Dover Casino had 2 great restaurant choices, Frankies and Mac McGrogans (read my review), but the cafe is a bit of a truck stop and the food is good, but overpriced and poorly serviced by staff. The cafe staff is also not very knowledgeable, “What kind of wine do you have?” I asked, the waitress said, “Uh, we have red ……and, uh, we have white”. This kind of response does not instill confidence in the café or its staff.

Finally, and this is my biggest gripe about Dover Casino. I didn’t get the sense that it was very safe place to be at night. I personally saw an altercation at the door near the sports book and this event took place in front of a “security guard”. I walked into the sports book and I turned around and one of the “thugs” involved in the altercation was allowed in. I was shocked and did not instill confidence in me of the judgment of the security at Dover.
So I recommend the casino, but only during the day, otherwise the freaks come out at night.

5 Thank Mayoplan
Virginia
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“Great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

We had a great time. We even won a few hundred dollars. A great way to spend of few hours gambling. The shops were very nice and lots of great places to grab a meal.

3 Thank BURGESS-IN-VA

Been to Dover Downs Casino? Share your experiences!