Dover Garden Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
All reviewsbest kept secretbloomfestivalmicrowavecasino
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

When we first arrived , we were skeptical about it so we were going to cancel and look for something else. We looked at the room , and wow it was great. It was a suite and it had washer dryer everything in it 1.5 baths and the most comfortable bed ever. I all definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Christinia D
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel is an oasis in the middle of an extended strip mall section on a highway right at the corner of a busy intersection. If you can put up with the noise of everything from Harleys to large trucks to fire engines at all hours, the rooms are great and the grounds are amazing. Each suite is outfitted generously and all decorations are imported from Thailand. And the grounds are also accented with Thai decorations and statuary and gorgeous and an incredible rose bushes. Truly lovely. There are no services on the premises. As I remember there is a washer/dryer combo. As an Fyi I was a guest and the room not in my name

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jess N
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We travel to Dover once a year for four nights to enjoy the wonderful birding opportunities up and down the Delaware coast. Over the past twenty years we have stayed in numerous accommodations in the area and never developed a solid favorite. This year, when we consulted TripAdvisor, Dover Garden Suites topped the list.

After checking the Garden Suites website, and calling for information, we settled on Rama VIII which had two beds (a queen and a twin for three adults) and 1 1/2 baths. This suite was perfect for our needs. It was roomy and accessible without a lot of walking for the elderly parent traveling in our group. There was a small cooking area with a microwave, coffeemaker and under-the-counter refrigerator. Also, there were flat screen TVs in the bedroom and living-room area as well as a combo washer/dryer unit in a utility closet off the bedroom.

What set this place apart from the competition was the roominess, furnishings, large bath with a shower, separate jet tub and the generous hospitality of the management. We felt like honored guests with complimentary coffee supplies, beverages, snacks, laundry detergent, and other sundries normally not provided by innkeepers. The furniture was an awesome labor of love. It was nearly all carved teak imported from Thailand. The leather sofa and recliner were firm and comfortable. The beds offered excellent support for a good night of sleep.

We were absolutely spoiled and really did not want to leave. It appears that we finally now have that elusive favorite place to stay in Dover.

Room Tip: While Rama VIII fronts on a very busy intersection, it is isolated from street noise by a wall-enclosed patio in the front, solid exterior walls and positioning of the bedroom area away from the street. Look at the website to make sure that your room choice has similar bedroom positioning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hankski
Reviewed 9 March 2014

"This place is incredible. I have never seen anything like this before. This is the most incredible place we have ever stayed in." Those were the first comments my wife made after we stepped into our suite at the Dover Garden Suites. We have been to all 50 states and have been on a number of cruises. Over the years, we have stayed in hundreds of hotels but never in a place like the Dover Garden Suites. It is owned by a gentleman who is retired and his wife is from Thailand. There is such a strong Thai influence from the furniture to the gardens. You first walk into a large room that serves as the living room. There is also a beautiful table and desk in the room as well as sofas to watch the big screen TV. You then walk into a beautiful bedroom with an attached big bathroom (There are actually two bathrooms in the suite.) that includes a jacuzzi and a walk-in shower. There is also a washer-dryer that can be used for small loads...You have to see one of the eight units to believe it...The staff is also incredibly helpful...We regretted we were only staying one night. This is a place you will hate to leave....It is more than luxurious--it is incredible...If your travels bring you to this area, you would be very happy to stay here..."Everything here is first-class from the soap to the towels,"my wife said as she stepped out of the jacuzzi..The price was also incredibly reasonable. You would expect to pay two or three times more if this were in a big metropolitan area.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rama 4, but you would be very happy with any of the eight units.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bostontraveler215
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I read the reviews before booking the hotel, as I was leaning toward a chain hotel since I didn't know the area. I decided to take a chance and I am so glad I did. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The staff was more than accommodating and very friendly! WiFi was lightning fast, and they provided free snacks along with water, soda and coffee. I will have to return to the area for more meetings in the future, and I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business