“GREAT HOTEL!!!! Very Clean”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“GREAT HOTEL!!!! Very Clean”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

This hotel has a great location around a 5 minute drive from the main street of Dover!!

The hotel is very clean, Under ground parking (free), Free breakfast. This all = to very good value for money!

The only bad thing i would say about this hotel is the rooms are not very big but a great hotel and i would return.....

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
NEW PROVIDENCE
Reviewed 2 October 2011

From the moment I was greeted and checked in till I left - everything was perfect. The Room was spacious and immaculate. Loved the plush towels in the bathroom, and the comfortable bed and pillows. In the morning I enjoyed the tasty breakfast and the staff was efficient and quick on cleaning the tables and refilling the coffee pots. I would go back to this hotel and recommend it to anyone. Loved that it even though it was raining, you could park in the garage as to not get drenched when getting your luggage out of the car. 5 Star Rating on this hotel as far as I am concerned.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
DERooms, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this review, 4 October 2011
We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Microtel of Dover! Thank you fore taking the time to post this review. Our staff works hard to provide the most comfortable accommodations for our guests. We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Bethesda, MD
Reviewed 20 July 2011

I've stayed in a Microtel before and they are a decent quality for the price I have paid (less than $100 a night). The Dover Microtel was clean and bright and the rooms were also in good condition. The breakfast was more than adequate (the usual free breakfast fare) - but a bit carb. heavy! One negative - they have very little space to sit and eat breakfast, so you might have to schlep it back to your room at peak periods. They need trays for that, and I didn't see any.
The underground garage was a good feature, as it is probably more secure than outside parking.

All in all - a reasonable experience from a basic hotel. I had no problems at all with my stay. The experience was somewhere between 'average' and 'very good'.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Over priced for this basic and worn hotel. Mainstay is far better for the same price. They had horrible srevice- We ate with our kids in our room and some crumbs got on the floor woke up to ants every where, including our bed. They blamed us and only gave a ten dollar discount, mind you the ants started from the trash bin. They claimed dover had an ant problem but of all the hotels I have stayed at we have never had ants- your better off in your car.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank kbeo
DERooms, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Sorry you had such an unpleasant stay with us last summer. We have contracted with a new pest control company and have not had a pest problem since then. I wish you had asked to speak to the manager at that time, I would have liked to addressed your concerns immediately, instead of a year later.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Stayed at this hotel with my Husband and two children. Booked our reservations online because the website stated that the hotel excepted pets. Got there to check in and was told pets were not allowed. I asked why the website adverstises this and the woman at the checkin counter just stated " I don't know why". I made a fuss, so the manager was called. The manager agreed to allow my dog (a small cockapoo) to stay at the hotel for an extra $25.00, However, little did I know that I was going to be put into a crappy room because of it. The tub was clogged so it was very difficult for myself, husband and children to take showers. I alerted housekeeping and was told that they knew about this problem already and that they were surprised that they still rented the room to someone. Anyway, we did the best we could to take showers, dressed and left for our engagement for that day. Before I left, I told the housekeeper to clean my room. Got back that night, my room was never cleaned, the tub was a still a mess, and I learned that I was checked out of my room and had to be checked back in (Remind you I booked for two nights). When I asked if my family and I could be moved to a new room, I was told there were no rooms available. Amazing. At checkout, I stated my dissatisfaction with everything. Instead of offering me money off the bill etc. I was told, give me your number and the manager will contact you. I had to get angry and insist on the manager being contacted right away. In the end, I only recevied half off of one Night. After all that, I think my stay should have been free.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
DERooms, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover, responded to this review, 12 May 2011
We are sorry you had an unpleasant experience at our hotel. Sometimes online advertising is incorrect, as in this case; our hotel does not accommodate pets. We do our best to monitor the online travel sights, but sometimes we miss inaccuracies that are posted by other websites. Your concerns about our housekeeping staff have been addressed with training and staffing changes. We pride ourselves on customer service, and I assure you all customer concerns are properly addressed.
DC
Reviewed 13 March 2010

Everything was clean and in good working order.
Staff really goes out of their way to help you out.
No problems.
Even tho I had to leave the hotel at 6 and breakfast was served at 630, they accommodated us by setting out some foods at 530.
They are the only hotel who offers a free underground parking garage for rain and cold weather.
This was not my first stay there.
Thank you Microtel Inn!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bimmers3
New York
Reviewed 18 October 2009

My friends and I stayed here while outlet shopping in Rehoboth Beach. The front desk was helpful and friendly. We got a room with a double queen bed and it was just the right size. The free continental breakfast included muffins, toast, cereal, bagels, and yogurt. It took a little bit for the wireless to connect but once it did, it was fine.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends