I was a bit surprised when I arrived without a reservation... to a hotel basically empty based on the parking lot... to be quoted a rate about $40. higher than the lowest published rate on Trip Advisor. When I pointed this out--noting that I could so significantly better at other locations in the area, they "found" a room with a promotional rate that was $25 higher than the Trip Advisor published rate. The very pleasant desk staff pointed out that the rate "depends on the room." In fairness to the hotel, the room provided was worth the additional charge, but that does not take away the "sting" of these hotels that have one room they offer at a misleading discounted rate.
The room was, in fact, great--more of a suite than a room. Two major plusses were the number of readily accessible electrical outlets and the ease of connecting to WiFi. One interesting features was the fact that you could literally sit in the window--cushion and pillow provided. (In spite of being on the back of the hotel, there was considerable road noise.) A small desk, nice island with sink, coffee maker, microwave and fridge... table that would comfortably seat two and a large couch definies this as a suite.
Cleanliness is good... and overall I'd say good value for the bucks... but as we were staying just one night, truly are not likely to enjoy all the amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Microtel Inn and Suites in Dover, DE, a 100% smoke free property, and member of Delaware Green Lodging. Our clean, comfortable accommodations include 71 queen bed rooms and suites. All rooms have Dream Well bedding, featuring down-like comforters wrapped between two crisp white sheets, upgraded thread count linens and extra pillows, to make Microtel Inn and Suites the best choice for your next hotel stay. All guest rooms have wireless high-speed internet access so you can stay connected to home or the office, Cable TV and HBO, hair dryer, coffee maker with coffee amenities, refrigerator, microwave, free local and long distance phone calls and an alarm clock radio. Microtel is committed to ensuring that travelers with disabilities and special needs receive the best possible service and have an enjoyable stay. For your convenience, we have an on-site fitness center, coin operated guest laundry facilities and an enclosed, underground parking garage. Our meeting room can accommodate up to 50 people for a business meeting or special occasion gathering. In the morning wake up to a complimentary, hot Get Up and Joe Breakfast. Enjoy a Quality Hotel Room at a discount hotel price. We offer consistency, quality, reasonable prices and great service each time you stay with Microtel Inn and Suites. For more information become our fan on Facebook - Microtel of Dover. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Inn And Suites Dover
- Microtel Inn & Suites Dover Hotel Dover
- Microtel Dover
- Dover Microtel