Residence Inn Dover
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom unit. The unit was clean and the kitchen had plenty of dishes, pots and pans. The ice maker did not work in the freezer so we had to go to the front desk for ice. The living area had a couch but no chair. There was plenty of room for a chair I just think it was missing from our room.

The breakfast was the standard stuff served at Residence Inn. There was plenty of tables to sit and eat in the breakfast area. They also had table set up outside.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom units have 2 bathrooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CCCLady

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this property. The front desk personnel were very friendly and welcoming. The public areas were very clean and well maintained. Our suite was everything we could want, and the beds were comfy. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent 1 night here and it was very comfortable. Easy to get to, friendly staff. They have a nice large pool, hot tub, a small gym and an outdoor basketball court -a bonus which my boys loved. They have balls we can borrow at the front desk. They had fresh choc.chip cookies in the lobby when we checked in. The room was a studio so quite spacious. Things looked new and fresh.The breakfast nextday was included and excellent - fresh waffles, french toast, egg, sausage, toast, bagel, english muffin, oatmeal with tons of toppings, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, cereal,cottage cheese, muffins, coffee and juice.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

My sister lives nearby and we always stay at the Residence Inn at Dover because we can't find a better deal or place! We stay in a 2 bedroom suite and marvel at the space and value. Although they only have dinner receptions a few nights a week, they always provide a very generously supplied breakfast buffet which includes eggs, potatoes, sausages, waffles (made by you-to order!) breads, muffins, yogurts, etc. We are impressed with the spread and did I mention the value? I live in Manhattan and I am used to paying more than I should have to...so, it is awfully nice to get so much at such a reasonable rate. The rooms are clean, the internet service is faster than many hotels and the staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you have kids, splurge for the 2 bedroom suite. The 2 bathrooms are sooooo necessary!
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I have been to many Residents Inn and I book them and Homewoods knowing of their managers receptions. It is truly why I pay more for these hotels. We found that this location only does something 2 nights a week and when we were there it was cheese, crackers and soft drinks. There was no wine or beer. I usually don't eat my dinner at these, but many do and book this chain expecting it. I usually enjoy these receptions to have a glass of wine or beer and a snack before going out to dinner. That said, this hotel even though new and clean was overpriced for the area. Stay at Dover Downs for around. The same price wish we did! Also, no ice in he buliding, we were told to turn the machine in our freezer and we had 3 whole cubes after 30 minutes. Unbelievable!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank joan3boys
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

Great location, huge hotel. The Residence Inn format works for me: quality spacious rooms, breakfast, dinner*, on property amenities and so forth. Our room was terrific. The rate was a bit pricey. Staff were real good and helpful. The computers and printer in business center were broke the whole stay that was a downer.
The breakfast buffet was solid and consistent. Would like to see the daily newspapers on site.
Overall I would go back on my next stay over in Dover.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stopped here on the way South on vacation. Check in took about 3 mins and was super friendly even though it was midnight!!! :-) Room was suuuuuuper clean and new. The grounds were maintained like it was a five star resort!! (I wish I had lawn and gardens that looked that good) Much more at this hotel then you would expect at a Residence Inn!!! Good job!!!