“Great Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Westfield NJ
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff was friendly...bed was comfortable....it is set back off the highway so you don't have all the noise from the traffic....all amenities were in the room...the only thing I can say is that the clean dishes were still in the dishwasher but this is probably because the previous guest didn't start it to help out housekeeping....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Newark, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel this past weekend. When I checked out today, there was still much to be desired.

I have never had any of the problems listed below with any other Marriott property that I have stayed at. My husband and I had booked this hotel after much research because of the pictures and amenities listed on the hotel website.

First, our room (#407) had stains all over the carpet and the bed sheets. The website advertises "crisp linens," however, the linens were anything but crisp. Furthermore, the website advertises free wifi. The wifi never worked during my 2 night stay and on the first night, neither computer in the lobby worked either. These complaints were also heard from other people staying at the hotel. The breakfast in the morning was not edible, as my husband's fruit salad was frozen.

Every time I went to speak with the front desk person, or I was simply arriving/departing from the hotel, the front desk clerk was never actually at the desk. He/she was always in the back and not present to greet customers or address their issues. Customer service should be a top priority, and I for certain know it is a top priority for Marriott.

Furthermore, there are also pictures on the hotel website showing an outdoor fireplace. When I asked the front desk clerk to turn the fireplace on, I was told that it was not working.

My husband works for a Marriott hotel in Philadelphia, so I know that Marriott expects more and has higher standards than the standards I experienced while at this Residence Inn. I am very disappointed with the amount of money I paid for the service and amenities I received. Even though we are part of the Marriott family, I will now spend my money on another hotel chain.

Spend your money elsewhere

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LuvMyYorkie01
Winder, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is decent for the area. The only thing was my shower was ice cold. The water never got hot. I tried to move the faucet back and forth and let it warm up for quite a while to no avail. I didn't have time to move rooms since I had to be somewhere for work. Everything else was decent, including the location to restaurants--all less than a 5 minute drive away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Residence Inn sits back from the busy Dupont Highway so noise from traffic isn't noticeable. We stayed in a king bed suite with lots of room and well equipped kitchen. The breakfast buffet is filling with a good variety of hot and cold items. The front desk staff is a little stuffy (not real friendly) but check in was easy. Heated indoor pool and hot tub, outdoor basketball court, and seating areas outside make it a family friendly place. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight on weekend in dec 2013, upon arrival in lobby they had warm homemade cookies that were delicious. Front desk staff super pleasant. Room was a suite, all open no door to bedroom but awesome, full kitchen microwave & full size fridge. We were starving & front desk staff lent us a bunch of menus to order take out, was really convenient. Room was very clean & comfortable, definitely sleeps more than 2. Continental breakfast was really good included hot items had plenty if tables to relax. Close to casino may have shuttle we did not take it. Also saw indoor pool in hotel. I used gym it was simple but better than nit having one. Was a good stay & would stay here again reasonably priced & worth it!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank enigma00225
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed valentines day weekend 2014. Very nice facility. Friendly staff. One of the gentlemen who works there actually drove us to Dover Downs on his lunch break. The only downside is the casino shuttle , it stops running at 2am and doesn't run at all on Sundays. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because of the shuttle and the pool was not in use the weekend we went, somone had an "accident" and the pool had to cleaned and drained.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Enjoyed just a single night here. Facility is clean and staff friendly and efficient. Room was comfortable and not a single sound was heard although we were near an entrance door. Breakfast layout complete, neat and was refilled promptly. A good choice for a stay in Dover and within walking distance of Dover Speedway for NASCAR.

Room Tip: They have some rooms with a gas fireplace. We visited when temps were 14 degrees and the fireplace w...