“Not one thing horrible, but just a bunch of little things.”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Not one thing horrible, but just a bunch of little things.”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

So we check in a day out for my daughter and I. We get there and the hotel seems ok , but a little tough to get in. Dont miss the not well marked entrance or its around the block you go. So we go in and find out pool closes at 8 pm, and doesn't open again until 11 am. Well pretty bad to be honest. My daughter really wanted to swim , but we wouldn't be back until right about 8 and with it not re opening until after 11 Am which is after check out she wouldn't get to use it.. Most hotels it is between 10 pm and midnight.. I would think summer that is very acceptable. So we get to room and maid service must have taken half a day off . Food left in the freezer, which always makes me question what else didn't they clean or check. Carpets were fairly stained for a hotel that I was told was recently re done you wouldnt know it. So the bathroom door was virtually impossible to shut and when you finally squeezed it shut it was tough to get open... So then the plastic corner protector in the middle of the night just falls off the wall... So I get up and fix it... Then morning breakfast is what it is .. Typical nothing special... Not sure I would stay here again. Again it wasnt horrible , but a bunch of little things that made it a non win. Pool hours are a must change.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank IsupportRonPaul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel was nice looking on the outside but the inside left a lot to be desired. The rooms appeared to not be clean but I think they were just in serious need of updating. From the condition of this hotel you would expect the price to be under $50 but it was not I paid above $80 and I feel like I was ripped off. I would not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2014

After driving all day we stopped at the first place we saw. Imagine our surprise to find this luxurious place to crash at such a reasonable rate. There was bottled water for us, something you don't usually find, and even the Kleenex and toilet paper looked fancy. The beds were comfortable, clean, luxurious. We were extremely happy and plan to remember the place because we were very satisfied :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Wildwood, Florida
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Very clean hotel.Actually the room we were given just had the carpets cleaned,and the room smelled fresh.The desk clerk was very friendly.We asked about local restaurants and He told us what was in the area and about the casino,and how to get there.
No complaints at all.If We are in the area again,we will stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
delaware
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have not complaints about this hotel. I didn't see anything that stands out as negative. The room was nice and it was clean. The staff were all also nice. The breakfast attendant lady was very helpful and I wished I had cash to give her a tip. Though i saw no tip jar there or anything i did want to give her something for helping me out. I left a pilliow there (stayed last a week ago) and just called and they have it. So i'm glad they didn't throw it out. If ever in the situation I wouldn't mind staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank threehottamales
Scarborough, Maine
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had training at Wentworth Douglas and stayed on a Tuesday and Wednesday night- and all I can say is WOW....Our room was clean and had no issues with staff...I was very impressed with the breakfast with lots of choices but what really shocked me was the free dinner they offer on Wednesday nights only..Choices were chicken wings, mac and cheese, beef stew , beer, wine,cheese and crackers, ect..It deffinatly is a extra that you do not see at any other hotel. And the free cookies at night were the ending touch ! Its not Buckingham palace but for the price and the extras- it is above and beyond...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Was able to check in early BUT on 2nd floor, room was very nice and clean and obviously recently reinvated, came back hours later and was able to get room on 1st floor, which I had requested at time of reservation. This room was nice as well, BUT had a odor to it, and carpet was old, as well as the heat/ac unit. BUT for 1 night it was ok, breakfast was good, big variety of hot and cold food to choice from!

No problems with the front desk staff ACCEPT at 0600, heard knocking on my front door, to find out staffer was coming around with the bills! NOT COOL! Just slip it under the door like every other hotel/cruiseship, NO need to knock that early in the morning!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo