“Excellent experience at Comfort Suites”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Dover, Delaware
“Excellent experience at Comfort Suites”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

Would we stay there again? Absolutely!

Having gone to Delaware to look at over 55 communities, a friend and I stayed at the Comfort Suites for a night. Check-in went quickly, the clerk was very pleasant. We got to our room and there were two queen beds, a table and chairs, a sofa, TV and refrigerator/freezer. There was a 3 foot 'divider' between the couch/table area and the beds. The TV was on a swivel so it could be watched from either the bed or couch. The room was clean and bedding and pillows were in excellent condition.

I do agree with some of the comments about staff. It appeared that only one person was there and that is just not a safe condition for the employee or hotel guests!

Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn/Suites fare, which is acceptable. The waffles are always a treat at Comfort Inn/Suite Hotels.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thank you for your review of the Comfort Suites in Dover, DE! I am glad you enjoyed your stay here and it is always great to hear from our guests. Our team works very hard to ensure that every guest is made to feel that we exceeded their expectations. I will share your comments with the rest of the team. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again while in the Dover area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Webster, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2010

I am 71 years old and I can honestly say this is the worst stay I have ever had in my entire life! First of all the room was small and dingy. The king size bed was pushed against the wall so my wife had to climb over me to get out of bed. The picture that was once hanging over the head board was leaning against the wall on the floor. The sink wasfilthy and filled with cracks. The TV did NOT work. But worst of all, we were awaken out of a sound sleep at 1:30 AM by loud shouting and yelling in the pool area which was near our window. I called the desk and they said they would take care of it. This took over 20 minutes while the shouting continued. We were so rattled at this point that we could hardly fall asleep again. In sumation, I wouldn't stay there again if it were free.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
TaraInn, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Thank you so much for your comments. I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the team at the Dover Comfort Suites that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your comments are very valuable feedback as we will look at each and every item you mentioned and will work diligently to correct them. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity if and when your travels bring you back to the Dover area.

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

Ontario
Reviewed 24 August 2009

This was a run of the mill kind of place. For a suite room, it was quite small with 2 double beds, but it served our purpose as a place to stay as we were passing through.

Checkin: Quick, efficient, and helpful

Room: Ok, clean. Sink needed to be replaced, but it was usable. The fridge and freezer were clean and a good size.

Pool: Very small, overly chlorinated, but a nice to get cooled of in the hot temperatures. The kids liked it.

Breakfast: OK. The fruit selection wasn't great, the coffee was good, the waffles were the hit for the kids.

Checkout: used the express as nobody was at the counter when we wanted to check out.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank famluvtravel
Highland, NY
Reviewed 4 April 2009

I made a mistake and thought I was making a reservation at the Country Inn and Suites (Or whatever the other hotel is called).
The staff at Comfort Inn is very nice, but the rooms are old and scary. If you are down in Dover with a bunch of guys for race week, I suppose it would not matter.
Otherwise, pass this old place by.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 3 August 2008

I was scared of the reviews i saw here on tripadvisor - but didn't worry since opinions vary so much. I would say the hotel was fine for the price (which wasn't too much).

The room was fairly clean - although the bathroom floor just gets dirty quickly b/c of the slickness of it. But it wasn't dirty when we came in. The furniture is a bit older - but fine. The bed was comfortable and room spacious. Great fridge to keep my water cold. And I'd say the best thing about the room was the whirlpool tub - it wasn't big enough for my boyfriend really who is 6"1. However, it worked for me and was very relaxing w/ good jets.

We enjoyed the continental breakfast! Coffee and english muffin were good. The service was good and fine.

Overall, hotel was just fine and I'd stay here again - I just wasn't crazy about Dover/the area. I noticed the hotel probably gets frequent traffic b/c of the air force base nearby.

Highlight of our stay was actually a restaurant down the road called Shucker's Pier - we LOVED it really good seafood and amazing prices!!!! So I recommend it. Hope this review helps :)

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank writersearch
Delaware
Reviewed 3 March 2008

For what I paid (87.00), the room was "okay". However, I would have been disappointed if I paid over $100. The lady at the check-in counter was very pleasant and helpful and upgraded me to a whirlpool tub room. I have no complaints about the staff or service.

My non-smoking room smelled like stale smoke. But, overall the room seemed reasonably clean (not spotless, but not dirty). I had a king-sized bed, small table and chairs, the bed was comfortable and the linens clean. There was a coffee pot, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Overall, my one night stay was quiet and the hotel was in a safe area. The hotel is in a good location if visiting Dover. It just needs a good spring cleaning and some sprucing up.

The hotel has a morning continental breakfast, but I had to leave early and it wasn’t available. As there was only one person working in the hotel, there was no one at the front desk for me to check out because he was putting together the breakfast items.

I've stayed at other locations in Dover that I thought were much nicer, such as the Sheraton and the Marriott Residence Inn. They are both just slightly south of the Comfort Inn Suites. I would recommend either of them if they are in or even slightly above the Comfort Inn Suites price range. The extra money would be worth it.

• Liked — Service at check in
  • Disliked — Stale Smoke Smell in Non-Smoking Room
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank windfair
dc
Reviewed 16 December 2007

This place is a dump, do not stay for any reason. The owners of the franchise are so cheap they only employ 1 person to man the place per shift, so they are milking the place like it is a cash cow and obviously could care less about staffing the place and keeping it clean. The bathroom was so filthy and there was hair in the tub and crud all over the place. Fortunately, i had my lysol and i sprayed the place down, including the remote. Whom ever owns this place should be ashamed of themselves. I hope that karma rewards them with a filthy hotel when they go out of town. Do not waste your money staying here. There is a Sheraton and Hampton Inn up the street. I understand the Sheraton is nice. We tried to get out of our reservations when we arrived but you have to cancel 24 hrs before you arrive. Once again, do not destroy your visit to dover by staying in this filthy god forsaken hotel, it is not worth it.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank bize1