“A real treat, I highly recommend it!”

Brick Hotel On The Circle
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Georgetown
Smyrna, Delaware
“A real treat, I highly recommend it!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I travel a lot, and rarely find the Brick's winning combination - the hotel is beautiful - historic but with up-to-date features like wifi & a keurig in the shared kitchen area - the amenities are spot-on, everything is fresh and clean, and the staff are friendly and helpful. We enjoyed relaxing on the front balcony overlooking the Circle. The bed was wonderful, too, and I slept like, well, a brick!

Room Tip: We stayed in The Palms room, which was off the road. 2 sides of the hotel are on a road, and may be...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
West Berlin, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My husband an I just visited the Brick Hotel and we were very pleased!!! The young man at the desk does a great job!!! Rooms were spotless! Wine pairing offered in the evening was a nice touch. The staff at the Hotel does a great job and they think of everything.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Mayfield, Ohio
Reviewed 3 September 2013

They didn't answer their phone for over a week when I was trying to make the reservation. It took emails from the conference host before they made the reservation.

I had a medical emergency and cancelled before the date of the reservation and they still charged me $25 PER NIGHT, so I paid $50 because it was two nights, and they refunded the rest promptly, but only after I sent the medical proof.

Although I cancelled before the reservation date, they still charged me the first night before the date, and then for another full day even after I cancelled, and only refunded after the proof was sent in. In other words, if you tell them you are staying multiple days then they will bill you for all of those days, even if you don't show and even if you cancel ahead of time. Beware!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Pam P
TheBrick, Owner at Brick Hotel On The Circle, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
This reservation was connected to a training seminar that had booked our venue. So as to accommodate their attendees, we waived our in-season 10-day cancellation policy and offered them 48 hours. This guest contacted us the week prior to the seminar to secure a reservation. Within that week and less than 48 hours prior to her arrival, she notified us that she had developed carpel tunnel and would be unable to attend; that she would be going to the doctor on Friday. We do offer a refund with medical documentation, otherwise, the reservation is non-refundable. What we received was a simple confirmation of a doctor's visit ... no diagnosis or confirmation that her medical emergency made it impossible for her to travel. Based upon my policies, I truly didn't have to refund the reservation at all.

In terms of making the reservation, she did call us 3 times on a Monday to make her reservation but apparently didn't hear on the voice recording that Mondays are my time away from the Inn, that calls would be returned on Tuesday, and that booking online was a quick option to making a reservation.

We believe we were more than fair with the flexibility we gave those associated with the training, as do event organizers. The great news is that the reviewer is recovering quickly from her carpel tunnel.
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I thought that I would thoroughly enjoy staying at this hotel, and for the most part we did. The room was a little small and there wasn't a dresser for storing clothes. Furthermore, sirens blasted around 10:45 at night and trains 'choo'd at 6:00 in the morning. Not only were those disruptive, but being able to have our room located directly near the sitting room, we could hear those entering late on to our floor chatting amongst themselves. We thought it would have had a little bit more sound proofing. Overall our experience was good, but probably would not stay at this hotel again. It was also a bit of a drive from the beaches

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mryan38
TheBrick, Owner at Brick Hotel On The Circle, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
It's not often that we just simply don't fit the bill for our guests, but we surely didn't with this guest, either in the Inn or the Restaurant (two separate reviews). Their stated concerns are, however, legitimate, but we do our best to make sure guests know what they're getting before they make a reservation with us .... 15-20 minutes from the busy beach area (yes, it is a bit of a ride and can be quite a ride depending on summer beach traffic) ... sirens (yes, we're a small town and they do still sound the siren so the firemen will know that something's going on and that emergency vehicles will be on the road; while we try to tell each and every guest this when they check in we do, admittedly, occasionally miss it which is why we make sure that it is in our Guest Handbook, provided in each guest room)....railroad (it's 3 blocks away, I've never heard noise from it -- guess I need to put my ears on) .... right across from The Parlor - indeed it is and is identified as such on the room descriptors. But it's never bad to get a reminder that we may need to reinforce to our Inn guests the need to respect those who have retired for the evening - a definite WILL DO!
Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at the Brick on August 23rd and 24th, 2013. What a great place! Lynn showed me my room and all the different common rooms for the guests. The room was just like home, I felt so comfortable, the antiques beautiful. Tonja and Nicole were such great housekeepers, the place was spotless! After check out I needed a place to park my car for the day and was told, no problem. When I returned in the afternoon, both Tonja and Nicole called out to me by name and bid me farewell. If I ever get back to Delaware that is where I will stay for sure. My first time on the East Coast was a pleasure.

Room Tip: I have no tips. My room the Mayor's Manor was perfect. I am sure all the rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Janet - I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! There is no questions that those travelling solo like yourself commonly find The Brick as a very comfortable, safe haven away from home. Hoping that if you're ever back in our neck of the woods, we'll see you again!!
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We were greeted by a young man at the desk upon arrival. He was very friendly and helpful. He immediately showed me around this lovely facility. Our room, as well as the common areas, was meticulously clean. We were there for 2 nights. We had dinner at the restaurant Saturday night, service was great, food was excellent.

The only negative was that the lighting in our bathroom was poor (The Palms). But that being said, I would definitely recommend The Brick to anyone. And we will likely return for another stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Palms. Except for the lighting in the bathroom, it was a very clean and comfortable...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
I take great pride in the level of pride that my staff takes with our property! Thank you for your kind words and rest assured, we've made note of your lighting concerns. Thanks for choosing The Brick!
Woodland Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We were looking for a nice quiet place to relax for a few days and got exactly that. The owners have done a wonderful job renovating this lovely old building, everything is beautiful. The furnishings are some of the most interesting pieces we have seen anywhere. The extra snacks when we arrived after a long hot ride were a nice touch.

The restaurant was very good and the service excellent. We will probably be back. The location was convenient to the beach and the Lewes Ferry. Thanks Lynn for a wonderful few days.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your kind comments, and so happy to hear that you got what you were looking for with your stay at The Brick! Looking forward to our paths crossing again sometime in the future. Happy Fall!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Hampton Inn Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#1 of 6 in Seaford
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach

Been to Brick Hotel On The Circle? Share your experiences!