Brick Hotel On The Circle
ComfortSuites
US$92
Travelocity
US$100
All reviewscontinental breakfastyogurtmodern conveniencessouthern delawarewine pairingfront porchthoroughly enjoyed our staythe entire stafftowel warmer in the bathroomshort drivethird floorwonderful stayhome away from homelynnaccommodationsleweskeurig
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The first thing you notice about the Brick are how incredible the accommodations are. This is not your average hotels. The rooms are cozy and spacious, the bathrooms are luxurious and the beds are just so comfortable. You cant go wrong with staying at the brick.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian B
thebrickhotelotc, Manager at Brick Hotel On The Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thanks so much! We are so glad that The Brick was all you had hoped for, and perhaps a little bit more!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had the pleasure of staying three nights at this lovely Hotel. Our stay was perfect from check in to check out. We were given a personal tour to our room upon check in. After getting settled in to our room ( Lazy Daisy ) we spent some time on second floor front deck. Both our room and whole hotel are beautiful... I have never been as happy or relaxed with our stay in that area. We come into town every two years for a family reunion and have never stayed at a place that made us feel so at home. Our bartender Lisa , our Chef Mark were both outstanding. Greeted us with both warm welcomes and see you again soon smiles ! We got the pleasure of a brief meeting with Inn keeper Lynn and just like the rest she greeted us with a warm welcome. I cant say any more about it you will just have to take it from me that you wont be disappointed. Cant wait to see them all in a couple years or maybe before. I wont even think about staying anywhere else. Thank you all that support the Brick... you all made our stay PERFECT !

Room Tip: Loved the second floor room but I am sure whatever floor you choose it will be lovely !
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
thebrickhotelotc, Owner at Brick Hotel On The Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Perfect?!?!! We sure wish we were, but are so glad that your stay at The Brick was everything you had hoped it to be and perhaps even more. We will look forward to your return visit for the next family reunion in our area ... and maybe even sooner!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I had the opportunity to spend one night at The Brick Hotel. What a wonderful trip! Upon arrival, we were greeted by Lynn, the owner, who personally took us to our room - and carried one if our bags! We had booked the Tinker 2 which is a delightful king room, beautifully decorated, on the third floor. The room was spacious and well appointed, including a heated towel rack in the bathroom!
Although we arrived just as happy hour was ending, Lynn assured us we would still have happy hour pricing for our drinks as well as the wine pairing (complimentary and available for hotel guests). The appetizer was grilled asparagus and two large steamed shrimp atop clusters of red-skin garlic mashed potatoes. Delicious! We selected the cheesy crab dip which was some of the best we have ever had.....served with the pretzel bites, it was outstanding! My husband had one of the specials of the night....fish and chips for $10. He had two large pieces of fish nicely breaded. I had the wedge salad with warm bacon dressing and blue cheese. Also delicious.
The hotel has a small but comfortable lobby area. However, there are outside porches and decks that are large and welcoming. We enjoyed the evening sitting on the 2nd floor front porch.
Continental breakfast is complimentary. There is coffee and tea available 24 hours for guests. The breakfast was a fresh fruit salad of cantaloupe, honey dew, pineapple, and strawberries. Very fresh and good. There were home made very scones (not at all dry!) and mini lemon poppyseed and mini blueberry muffins as well as orange bad cranberry juice.
Lynn was in the lobby to say good by when we checked out. She wants her guests to feel welcome and she succeeds! A job well done! We will certainly return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks so, so much! It is always good to hear that we are being successful providing as much a personal experience for our guests as they would like. I love the relationships I develop with our guests, and my staff -- both in the Inn and in the restaurant -- are the same. While this may be hard to believe, what makes my job so much easier is that the staff you meet this year when you visit will more than likely be there to greet you during your next visit!! On the other hand, if our guests prefer a private, peaceful getaway without the interaction with my staff, that's okay too!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a lovely night at this hotel, we arrived after the restaurant closed so the staff directed us to a place down the road which was very good. We enjoyed our room which was very nicely decorated and had nice touches such as complimentary basket of snacks and drinks and robes to use. There were roomy common areas for breakfast and all included in the price. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed two nights with the sole purpose of seeing if Delaware might be some place we would like to retire. The Brick was the perfect location for us to venture out during the day and come back for great food and service at night.The Brick thinks of the little things other Hotels overlook: a heated towel rack in the bathroom. A black facial wipe towel to remove one's make up. Two huge white fluffy robes to wear during your stay, coffee and tea offered all day and night. We had the opportunity to visit the bar and the restaurant. The chef at the Brick is outstanding,! Also, the free appetizer and wine pairing is a must. After staying at the Brick, I can not imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
TheBrick, Owner at Brick Hotel On The Circle, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

I am blessed with a very special staff, each of whom has a great deal of pride and passion for The Brick. As owners of this property, it does our hearts good to know that -- after 5 full years in business -- my staff remains committed to doing everything they can to provide the best possible experiences for our guests. I am thrilled to see the A+ grade in hospitality; after all ... that's what this industry is all about, and we pride ourselves in being able to offer a hotel experience quite different than that which folks encounter in the larger hotels. I am so glad that we met your expectations!!