“Nice for lunch, slow service.”

The Brick Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Georgetown
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dine in the unique historic ambiance of The Brick, while enjoying classic American cuisine! Serving lunch and dinner Tuesday - Saturday. Check our website for current hours and menus.
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We stopped on a friend's recommendation. They have a number of unusual dishes. I had a shrimp po boy for lunch. It was very tasty. The rueben on a pretzel roll looked yummy. The fish of the moment was done perfectly. Due to being short staffed, service was slow. May be worth a second look,

1  Thank cflum

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I am glad I did not read the reviews before going here. We came in late afternoon on Saturday of Labor Day weekend. The chef readily agreed that lunch was still available. At 3 they change to light fare. The waitress explained there was only one sea bass special left and I happily agreed to choose it! My husband had the shrimp po boy and it was loaded! Sweet potato fries were served without the additional up charge in so many restaurants. The atmosphere had a delightful old world charm characteristic of restored revolutionary era upscale taverns.

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

If you want to step back in time, and walk into what a bar and restaurant must have been like 30 years, ago, stop by. My husband and I have not had a bad meal here. Consistently consistent. Friendly service with food good enough to remember it on your next visit to Georgetown.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Food was very good, and atmosphere was relaxing. Prices are fair, and service was prompt and very friendly.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My Rotary Club met for lunch at "the Brick" this week. The room is very attractive, the food and service were excellent. The Brick Hotel is, by far, the nicest place to eat in Georgetown. My wife and I have eaten at "The Brick" for Sunday Brunch, numerous lunches and occasional dinners. For a nice dinner close to home, this place is hard to beat.