“One of the worst Hotels I have ever been to...”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 3 August 2009

I booked with Priceline which did not specify whether the room was to be non-smoking or smoking. When I arrived early in the afternoon, this Comfort Inn put me in a smoking room filled with flies, the refrigerator was dirty with smudge marks all over it - the room and bathroom had clearly not been properly cleaned and everything flat-out wreaked of smoke. Outside the room there were dirty towels and garbage all over the hallways. When I asked to be moved to a non-smoking room or granted a refund (as we have two small children and did not want them breathing the fumes) the front-desk staff was unwilling to make any accomodation - and frankly behaved with a rude attitude. (I checked-in on Friday July 31 at 1:30PM). I called Priceline and the Comfort Inn 1-800 number - and neither could help me.

I have honestly seen MUCH better rooms at hotels charging $40 a night. At $150+ a night this is a terrible value. It is well worth it to pay a little more to be closer to the beach - which is exactly what we did the next night. I would have frankly been better off sleeping in a tent and saving the money. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs - it is one of the worst hotels I have ever been to - and I have been to quite a few.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

We value or guests and their comments. When booking through an online website they have the tendency to book your reservation without knowing what type the room is. Your reservation came through as a smoking room with a request for non smoking. Depending on the availablity of the hotel depends on if we are able to accommodate you to that room type. However at that time we were unable due to the fact we had no non smoking rooms left. The hotel had no control over the reservation as you had made it through a different party. We hope you will continue to stay with choice hotels in the future and consider this an isolated incident.

Reviewed 13 October 2008

Went to Georgetown for baseball tournament at Sports at the Beach. Knew that we had at least one 8:30am game, so we wanted to be close to the fields. Also wanted to be near Rehoboth to go shopping and to dinner.
Found this location and got an acceptable AAA rate through their website.
Took a room with 2 queens and a pullout couch.
Room was very large (larger than the Comfort Suites in Seaford and thought that was large) So the 4 of us had plenty of room.
The room was clean, bathroom was roomy and clean.
Beds were comfortable too. The Seaford location was newer, but even though this location was older, you could tell it was updated and definitely well maintained
It is not 100% smoke free, and we were in non-smoking, and did not smell smoke from the other rooms.
It was quiet. It is only 2 floors so no elevator.
There is also no laundry room, that was the only negative.
Would definitely stay here again to be close to the fields.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for your compliment. We strive with perfection and try to keep all our guest happy and satisfied. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments on to each department. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest has had a wonderful stay! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2008

This hotel was recommended due to its proximity to Sports at the Beach, a baseball complex where teams from all over come to play tournaments on weekends (you should know since it can make for a rather noise-filled stay).
I booked a non-smoking room for 2 adults and one child. When I arrived late on a Friday night for a weekend stay, I was put in a smoking room, and charged an extra $10 on my rate for the 3rd person in the room (even though the hotels.com confirmation specifically had 3 people for that rate). I asked about a non-smoking room, and the overnight staff wanted to hit me up with a higher rate for a "2-queen bed suite". Well it was late, and I was already a bit bent about the extra $10/night, so I figured how bad can a non-smoking room be. Well it was pretty bad. The smell kept me up most of the night. So at 6am, I figure I'd go work out and afterwards try my luck with the day staff. The fitness room consists of a treadmill, an "old-school" stationary bike, and a bowflex machine. There was a spot for towels, but there were no towels. The day staff was more accommodating. They put me in a regular room (2 queens), same rate, and told me if I wanted, I could switch rooms immediately. Since it was 7am, I can only assume that the same room was available when we checked in at 11pm the night before.
Other than that, my stay was fine. The free breakfast was your typical continental fare. I've seen more options in other Comfort Inns, but it was still OK. Nothing much in the area. We did eat at a nice Italian place in the Walmart shopping center, right before the hotel. But other than that, its mostly your fast food fare.
Although my experience was not bad enough for me to state I would never stay in there again, I will consider other options.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank Matador

We always value our comments made thru guest and want to know how they felt about their stay. I have discussed each comment that you have made with each department head. When making a reservation thru a third party it is always good to call the hotel directly and confirm your room type and reservation. Hotels.com booked you in a smoking room with requesting a non smoking for you. At the time of arrival we did not have a non smoking room available. As being charged for the extra third person all rates are only quoted for one or two adults. Your reservation was made for 2 and you did have 3. Any adult after the 2 is an additonal ten dollars per person. I am glad to hear the morning shift was able to move you to a different type of room one that was more accommodating for you. The breakfast bar has increased and we have added so many more items to it, and the guest seem very happy about that. we strive for perfection and we want all our guests to have a great stay and visit us in the future. We hope you consider this an isolated incident and continue to stay with choice hotels in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2008

My husband and our 2 year old just got back from a 3 night stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We booked it b/c it was literally $100 less than staying in Rehoboth. It was about a 20 minute drive to the boardwalk & it wasn't bad at all. the farmland was beautiful & the traffic was suprisingly not bad. The hotel was your average place. They had a really nice free breakfast and it was great to have the outdoor pool (which was super clean) for when we returned form the beach. The front desk staff was helpful and the rooms were spacious. If you are looking for a clean place near the beach this is a sure bet.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Traveling mom-

Thanks for your stay we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when in the area. Best wishes!

Reviewed 16 July 2008

This is a cruddy hotel. The room I was in initially had just been steam cleaned, and the carpet was soaking wet. I had to ask to be moved to a different room. The wireless service was intermittent, and the room's cleanliness is... questionable. There aren't many other hotels around here, but it's worth seeking them out.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank Embean

Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. The carpet was wet, as we just had all the rooms and hallway carpets cleaned professionally. We have this done 2 times a year. The wi-fi was checked by the company who provides it and nothing was found to be incorrect with it. We hope that you consider this an isolated incident and give us another chance when in the area.

Reviewed 16 June 2008

We stayed there for a baseball tournament and it was fine. We found the place to be clean and the staff was courteous. The outdoor pool was clean as were the grounds around hotel. Nice area not much around except your typical highways stores, walmart, KFC, etc. About 5 minute drive to the Sports at the Beach Complex and 20 or so to Rehobeth Beach. The only drawback had nothing to with the place itself, you had to drive quite bit of distance to get to a restaurant. Worth it if your looking for a place to flop.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Thanks for your review we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when in the area.

Reviewed 20 October 2007

Went there on business. Had to cancel the first day of our stay. They wanted to charge us stating they have a 72 hour cancellation policy. Why not make it a one week cancellation policy? That policy is abusive and authored by a nimrod. We had no choice to make this trip but next spring we'll be back and staying at the Hampton Inn in Seaford. Yeh, thats the result of such a policy. We checked in at 1pm and the lobby and hallways were filled with the housekeepers children running amok. This raised security concerns and my partner walked down from his room to tell me that there was no way he was going to let housekeeping in his room. I had already made the same decision. The chair I'm sitting in has such nasty stains that I've draped it bath towels. I've only been in this hotel 1 hour. Think I'll be avoiding Comfort Inns more and more for the 8 contiguous months that I travel on business.

• Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank BluesSeeker

Thanks Bluesseeker for your comment. Our cancelation policy is 72 hours prior to arrival in the in-season. That is starting from March-April weekends and May thru September through all days. This is for all guests. Guests are made aware of cancelation when making reservations thru all channels. I have passed your housekeeping issue on the housekeeping supervisor. Thanks again for staying and hopefully next time your in the area you will give us another chance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#12 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!