“Good Deal for $89 per night”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Georgetown
Jacksonville Beach
“Good Deal for $89 per night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

I checked in around 11:30pm and had no problems with the reservation. Got to my room and it was a little stale smelling but I turned on the two AC units and it cleared up right away. For $89 a night I got a suite with a king bed in a separate room and two doubles in another room, two TV's, a bar area, and a pullout sofa. I didn't need all these beds but it would be a good deal for a family.

The bed and pillows were comfortable and I was not once awaken by any outside noise. The wireless internet connection was smokin' fast and I didn't have to type in a 32 alpha numeric code to get access. Just clicked on the icon and, BAM, checking my email.

There were two burn marks in the carpet with the obvious shape of a clothes iron. Seems like someone dropped it, picked it up and dropped it again. Other than that, I can't say anything negative about the place.

The shower had good pressure, plenty of towels, and the TV had an excellent channel lineup.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RentBeachStuff
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 August 2016
Rentbeachstuff-

Thanks for your review! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you again when in the area! Best wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Goodyear AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

The room was not at all clean. In the corners by the front door there was dirt and peanuts that were never vacuumed up from the last person. The second night we pulled the bed down and what appeared to be grass was on the sheets. Could not tell if they changed sheets or not. We had light bulbs out and just the appearane of the room was that it is never clearned very good. The breakfast bar was okay but very congested area and lot of flys. Not the best food in the world. I would never stay there again. We had gone down to Georgetown for a funeral so this dirty room just added to the sad event. In addition to the dirt it was noisey. You could hear the people in the next room.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
ComfortInngtown, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
We always value our guest and their comments. The comments that you have made we have recited back to each department and they are working to ensure that those issues do not occur again. We have increased the breakfast bar with new items, and our guests are extremely satisfied.

Travellers are raving about these Georgetown hotels

Whippany, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

Never will I stay at a Choice Hotel chain member ever again!! Arrived on Sat. 8/22 for a two night stay which I booked online. The room I received was a non-smoking with a very musty smell. There was a swarm of flies in the room which I could not defeat no matter how much swatting I did. Tried to change rooms because maybe there was just a problem with this one room. The next room was also non smoking but the flies were still swarming along with dead ones laying on the windowsill. I wondered what they could be feeding on. Like the previous review there were also greasy smudge marks over everything. On the way back to the front desk I then noticed some naked children in the pool swimming and doing whatever else kids do. That did it! I told the staff that this was not what I was looking for and that I wasn't comfortable staying here. Their reply was an unsympathetic sorry, there is a 72 hour cancellation policy. The only person that could help me was the manager who was unavailable. This issue escalated to my calling Choice Hotels (which are useless) and issuing a complaint at the police department. Final resolution was achieved 2 1/2 hours later with the front desk calling the owner who agreed to let me leave without paying. All of this was after my vacation was ruined, I was aggravated beyond belief and my trust in booking from a trusted hotel chain shattered. PLEASE DO NOT stay here nor in any other Choice Hotel chain without first seeing it. Their guarantee is worthless as this hotel was individually owned and they could do nothing for me except give me a complaint number.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
We value our guests comments and certainly want to know if they are dissatisifed. The comments that you have left have been passed on to each department and they are assuring that this will not happen again. We did try to make it right for you by moving you to another room, but you declined that. I hope that you will consider this an isolated incident and return to choice hotels in the future.
Germantown, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2009

I booked with Priceline which did not specify whether the room was to be non-smoking or smoking. When I arrived early in the afternoon, this Comfort Inn put me in a smoking room filled with flies, the refrigerator was dirty with smudge marks all over it - the room and bathroom had clearly not been properly cleaned and everything flat-out wreaked of smoke. Outside the room there were dirty towels and garbage all over the hallways. When I asked to be moved to a non-smoking room or granted a refund (as we have two small children and did not want them breathing the fumes) the front-desk staff was unwilling to make any accomodation - and frankly behaved with a rude attitude. (I checked-in on Friday July 31 at 1:30PM). I called Priceline and the Comfort Inn 1-800 number - and neither could help me.

I have honestly seen MUCH better rooms at hotels charging $40 a night. At $150+ a night this is a terrible value. It is well worth it to pay a little more to be closer to the beach - which is exactly what we did the next night. I would have frankly been better off sleeping in a tent and saving the money. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs - it is one of the worst hotels I have ever been to - and I have been to quite a few.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
We value or guests and their comments. When booking through an online website they have the tendency to book your reservation without knowing what type the room is. Your reservation came through as a smoking room with a request for non smoking. Depending on the availablity of the hotel depends on if we are able to accommodate you to that room type. However at that time we were unable due to the fact we had no non smoking rooms left. The hotel had no control over the reservation as you had made it through a different party. We hope you will continue to stay with choice hotels in the future and consider this an isolated incident.
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2008

Went to Georgetown for baseball tournament at Sports at the Beach. Knew that we had at least one 8:30am game, so we wanted to be close to the fields. Also wanted to be near Rehoboth to go shopping and to dinner.
Found this location and got an acceptable AAA rate through their website.
Took a room with 2 queens and a pullout couch.
Room was very large (larger than the Comfort Suites in Seaford and thought that was large) So the 4 of us had plenty of room.
The room was clean, bathroom was roomy and clean.
Beds were comfortable too. The Seaford location was newer, but even though this location was older, you could tell it was updated and definitely well maintained
It is not 100% smoke free, and we were in non-smoking, and did not smell smoke from the other rooms.
It was quiet. It is only 2 floors so no elevator.
There is also no laundry room, that was the only negative.
Would definitely stay here again to be close to the fields.

• Liked — clean, comfy and close to baseball fields
  • Disliked — no laundry room
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for your compliment. We strive with perfection and try to keep all our guest happy and satisfied. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments on to each department. It is always a pleasure to hear when a guest has had a wonderful stay! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2008

This hotel was recommended due to its proximity to Sports at the Beach, a baseball complex where teams from all over come to play tournaments on weekends (you should know since it can make for a rather noise-filled stay).
I booked a non-smoking room for 2 adults and one child. When I arrived late on a Friday night for a weekend stay, I was put in a smoking room, and charged an extra $10 on my rate for the 3rd person in the room (even though the hotels.com confirmation specifically had 3 people for that rate). I asked about a non-smoking room, and the overnight staff wanted to hit me up with a higher rate for a "2-queen bed suite". Well it was late, and I was already a bit bent about the extra $10/night, so I figured how bad can a non-smoking room be. Well it was pretty bad. The smell kept me up most of the night. So at 6am, I figure I'd go work out and afterwards try my luck with the day staff. The fitness room consists of a treadmill, an "old-school" stationary bike, and a bowflex machine. There was a spot for towels, but there were no towels. The day staff was more accommodating. They put me in a regular room (2 queens), same rate, and told me if I wanted, I could switch rooms immediately. Since it was 7am, I can only assume that the same room was available when we checked in at 11pm the night before.
Other than that, my stay was fine. The free breakfast was your typical continental fare. I've seen more options in other Comfort Inns, but it was still OK. Nothing much in the area. We did eat at a nice Italian place in the Walmart shopping center, right before the hotel. But other than that, its mostly your fast food fare.
Although my experience was not bad enough for me to state I would never stay in there again, I will consider other options.

• Liked — Its proximity to Sports at the Beach
  • Disliked — the overnight desk staff.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank Matador
We always value our comments made thru guest and want to know how they felt about their stay. I have discussed each comment that you have made with each department head. When making a reservation thru a third party it is always good to call the hotel directly and confirm your room type and reservation. Hotels.com booked you in a smoking room with requesting a non smoking for you. At the time of arrival we did not have a non smoking room available. As being charged for the extra third person all rates are only quoted for one or two adults. Your reservation was made for 2 and you did have 3. Any adult after the 2 is an additonal ten dollars per person. I am glad to hear the morning shift was able to move you to a different type of room one that was more accommodating for you. The breakfast bar has increased and we have added so many more items to it, and the guest seem very happy about that. we strive for perfection and we want all our guests to have a great stay and visit us in the future. We hope you consider this an isolated incident and continue to stay with choice hotels in the future.
Baltimore,MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

My husband and our 2 year old just got back from a 3 night stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. We booked it b/c it was literally $100 less than staying in Rehoboth. It was about a 20 minute drive to the boardwalk & it wasn't bad at all. the farmland was beautiful & the traffic was suprisingly not bad. The hotel was your average place. They had a really nice free breakfast and it was great to have the outdoor pool (which was super clean) for when we returned form the beach. The front desk staff was helpful and the rooms were spacious. If you are looking for a clean place near the beach this is a sure bet.

• Liked — Price & amenities
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Traveling mom-

Thanks for your stay we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when in the area. Best wishes!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches
Comfort Suites Seaford
#2 of 6 in Seaford
Holiday Inn Express Seaford-Route 13
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#14 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!