“The best beer and the best people.”

16 Mile Brewing Company
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Georgetown
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

The first time I stopped by this brewery the owners and employees were very friendly and welcomed me into their wonderful establishment. All of their beers are excellent and with 8 different craft brews on tap, ( 6 constant and 2 ever changing), I think there is sure to be a beer that everybody will like. There is no food served but in my opinion I'm not going to a brewery to eat a meal, I'm going to a brewery to drink a meal. There are a few good places to eat close by in Georgetown either before or after your visit and the brewery also welcomes you to bring food with you when you visit. To sum up this brewery I would have to say, great people making great beer in a great place. If you are ever in southern Delaware you must check it out.

1  Thank El_Matadoro
"assortment"
"infused"
"picnic"

Reviewed 27 October 2013

While staying in Georgetown for the weekend, my wife and I tried out the beer being brewed here. Large tasting room, with a large bar that can accommodate a good group of craft beer fans. Decent prices for the flights and for growlers. Very good selections of beers available, with a few ever changing with the seasons. Just a couple of miles off of Rt. 113 and about a mile from the Circle in Georgetown.

1  Thank Xeuropn
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This brewery doesn't have much charm - the building looks like a large aluminium shed - but it's full of folks having a good time, the bartenders are welcoming, the beer is good, there was live music, tables with chess and checkers, and corn hole out front.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The guy working there was so rude. I think we interrupted his newspaper reading. No free tastings, no gift shop. There was a list of things hanging on the wall you could buy but not all of them were displayed. No good descriptions of beers, no sight of bottles, cases or anything like most breweries have. It looks like a bar with not a lot of decoration. It's small, the parking lot was empty on a Saturday.
We wanted to try the "first responders" brew. The guy couldn't answer any of our questions about the make up of any of the beers, he acted cocky and bothered and laughed at me when I described one ot the beers wrong. That didn't make me or my husband very happy, so we left him without buying anything from them and would not recommend this place for anything unless you want to stop by on your way home from work for a beer and it's convenient. Don't waste your time. Dogfish Head is a just a short drive away and will not disapoint.