“Horrid”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
“Horrid”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Upon check-in, we requested a non-smoking room. We were given a room on the 2nd level. As we unlocked the door and walked in, our 3 kids exclaimed simultaneously, "Ewww!! This room stinks!!!" It had the odor of stale cigarettes. My husband went down to the front desk to request a different room. He was told by the woman that this was the only double available. As we were tired from a long journey, we tried to make the most of it by turning on the air conditioner in hopes that the cold air would help neutralize the odor somewhat. The AC, which was old, hardly pumped out any air at all (on the high setting!) let alone COOL air, and the stench coming from the unit was also of stale-cigarette nature. Husband called the front desk to let them know the AC was not working. When the woman came up to the room, he told her we refused to stay in that room, and that we were packing up and leaving. I took the key cards back down to the desk after re-packing the car. The woman did not apologize for the inconvenience as she processed the refund on my debit card; in fact she was actually quite cold towards me and hardly said a word at all! I am usually pretty easygoing and do not tend to gripe or complain; however, to me this was plain rude. We took our business down the street to the Holiday Inn Express; while more pricey than the Super 8, it was WELL worth the extra money spent to be treated with kindness and respect, as well as a clean place for us and our children to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Anytown Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We checked in late adn when we flipped the light switch it didnt work. I had to feel my way across the room to another lamp to get some light. The overall appearance was dirty. Cobwebs clung to the walls above tv and the wallpaper was peeling off. The shower head was disgusting, i dont know how anyone expects to get clean with water coming out of that. The cushions on the chairs were stained with what looked to be permanent marker. The security lock was snapped off the door as though someone kicked it in and it broke. The door didnt close very well and there was about a 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of the door and floor which allowed all types of creatures in. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Travellers are raving about these Harrington hotels

Woodbridge, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The reason why me and my wife CONTINUE to come to this establishment is location to my Sister N Laws. We have stayed at this Hotel 6 times in 2 years. So trust me when I say this review is constructive.

1) Rugs are dirty really filthy please wear socks at all times
2) Pillows you will need to bring one if you wanna sleep
3) Mattress I have no idea how to fix this except the Owner of the establishment really needs to stop being cheap and replace these old dilapidated mattress. You can't sleep on them and forget about doing the nasty on it.
4) Would someone clean out the Cool Air / Heating unit really bugs and dust and the smell the filter have held on to because NO ONE CHANGED the filters.
5) Shower why is the floor of the shower black. Has anyone heard of Comet or Ajax scrub.
6) Cleaning ladies sit in the rooms suppose to be cleaning watching t.v. and SMOKING even in the non smoking rooms REALLY. Then gets an attitude slams door close cause you looking at her wasting company time smoking and watching t.v.
7) You can't bring breakfast back to your room. REALLY REALLY REALLY who rule is that. The little area provide is not that big that EVERYONE can come and sit down and eat.

Those seven things are my biggest gripes but the rooms need painting and additional lighting they are dark. The window curtain slash shades don't close properly. Bottom of door the half inch gap allows bugs to crawl into the room and air (Winter Cold Air / Summer Hot Air) makes it very hard at night to regulate room temperature.

My very next trip I am taking photos cause regardless of price the rooms needs better care.

Room Tip: Bring your own linnens and make sure you have water shoes for the shower and bathroom and house shoe...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Recently stayed one night in King Suite, what a joke! Several holes in blanket and threads coming about on comforter. DIRTY.....Linens had stained blood on pillow case and sheets. I told Brenda to have manager/owner call me and so far NOTHING...The place was not cheap either.... AC unit not working properly and filter coming apart. I also called the next day and told Brenda I wanted a refund, she said she would tell the owner to call.....again...NOTHING!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Schenevus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Reception was just fine,but needed to explain the room card discount for RUDY'S next door a little more.The room had everything in it but the kitchen sink lol. The room needed to have a better deodorizer. Rudy's being next door and open 24/7 was a great thing.The bathtub used to have a mat in it a new one needed to be put back in. The filth left behind was very apparent.No bath mat for the floor was available either.They get a B would stay here again.Wasn't made aware of breakfast at all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrington
Quality Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Milford
#1 of 3 in Milford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Mainstay Suites Dover

Been to Super 8 Harrington? Share your experiences!