“Outdated property, needs maintenence” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Harrington

Super 8 Harrington
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Harrington

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Shockingly bad, run down, filthy, bug infested sweat box.

I could tell by the carpet outside the room that I was in for a treat. When I opened the door I was hit by the heat due to the fact that the AC was left off (the policy here).

Inside the run down King Suite I was greeted by a full size cockroach (water bug) in the kitchen, his little friend in the closet and some wormy looking flying thing above the bed. They had probably been munching on the cocoa pebble left on the carpet near the dining table (I hope it was a cocoa pebble or there is something much larger in here.

I tried to cut my losses and move to another hotel, but the other 2 hotels here were sold out. When I returned from my search for a clean, cool room I asked the front desk clerk, through a small, makeshift hole 3 feet off the ground in a window if there was a reason the air was left off. He replied "that's how the owner does it". It has been 100 degrees today, hottest day of the year at the end of a week long heat wave. I arrived at 11.45pm and put the air on, it is now 1am and still 85+ degrees in the room. Won't be sleeping much tonight and will be canceling my second night.

Posting pictures of bugs as evidence. This place should be shut down. I've stayed at 5 Super 8's in the past 6 weeks, all but this were great.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DannyGr
Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Upon check-in, we requested a non-smoking room. We were given a room on the 2nd level. As we unlocked the door and walked in, our 3 kids exclaimed simultaneously, "Ewww!! This room stinks!!!" It had the odor of stale cigarettes. My husband went down to the front desk to request a different room. He was told by the woman that this was the only double available. As we were tired from a long journey, we tried to make the most of it by turning on the air conditioner in hopes that the cold air would help neutralize the odor somewhat. The AC, which was old, hardly pumped out any air at all (on the high setting!) let alone COOL air, and the stench coming from the unit was also of stale-cigarette nature. Husband called the front desk to let them know the AC was not working. When the woman came up to the room, he told her we refused to stay in that room, and that we were packing up and leaving. I took the key cards back down to the desk after re-packing the car. The woman did not apologize for the inconvenience as she processed the refund on my debit card; in fact she was actually quite cold towards me and hardly said a word at all! I am usually pretty easygoing and do not tend to gripe or complain; however, to me this was plain rude. We took our business down the street to the Holiday Inn Express; while more pricey than the Super 8, it was WELL worth the extra money spent to be treated with kindness and respect, as well as a clean place for us and our children to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Harrington hotels

Anytown Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

We checked in late adn when we flipped the light switch it didnt work. I had to feel my way across the room to another lamp to get some light. The overall appearance was dirty. Cobwebs clung to the walls above tv and the wallpaper was peeling off. The shower head was disgusting, i dont know how anyone expects to get clean with water coming out of that. The cushions on the chairs were stained with what looked to be permanent marker. The security lock was snapped off the door as though someone kicked it in and it broke. The door didnt close very well and there was about a 3/4 inch gap between the bottom of the door and floor which allowed all types of creatures in. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Woodbridge, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The reason why me and my wife CONTINUE to come to this establishment is location to my Sister N Laws. We have stayed at this Hotel 6 times in 2 years. So trust me when I say this review is constructive.

1) Rugs are dirty really filthy please wear socks at all times
2) Pillows you will need to bring one if you wanna sleep
3) Mattress I have no idea how to fix this except the Owner of the establishment really needs to stop being cheap and replace these old dilapidated mattress. You can't sleep on them and forget about doing the nasty on it.
4) Would someone clean out the Cool Air / Heating unit really bugs and dust and the smell the filter have held on to because NO ONE CHANGED the filters.
5) Shower why is the floor of the shower black. Has anyone heard of Comet or Ajax scrub.
6) Cleaning ladies sit in the rooms suppose to be cleaning watching t.v. and SMOKING even in the non smoking rooms REALLY. Then gets an attitude slams door close cause you looking at her wasting company time smoking and watching t.v.
7) You can't bring breakfast back to your room. REALLY REALLY REALLY who rule is that. The little area provide is not that big that EVERYONE can come and sit down and eat.

Those seven things are my biggest gripes but the rooms need painting and additional lighting they are dark. The window curtain slash shades don't close properly. Bottom of door the half inch gap allows bugs to crawl into the room and air (Winter Cold Air / Summer Hot Air) makes it very hard at night to regulate room temperature.

My very next trip I am taking photos cause regardless of price the rooms needs better care.

Room Tip: Bring your own linnens and make sure you have water shoes for the shower and bathroom and house shoe...