“Didn't complete business in town and had to stay overnight...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Harrington

Super 8 Harrington
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Southport
“Didn't complete business in town and had to stay overnight...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Didn't complete business in town and had to stay overnight. Jst wanted a clean, inexpensive hotel, so chose Super 8, which it was..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Shockingly bad, run down, filthy, bug infested sweat box.

I could tell by the carpet outside the room that I was in for a treat. When I opened the door I was hit by the heat due to the fact that the AC was left off (the policy here).

Inside the run down King Suite I was greeted by a full size cockroach (water bug) in the kitchen, his little friend in the closet and some wormy looking flying thing above the bed. They had probably been munching on the cocoa pebble left on the carpet near the dining table (I hope it was a cocoa pebble or there is something much larger in here.

I tried to cut my losses and move to another hotel, but the other 2 hotels here were sold out. When I returned from my search for a clean, cool room I asked the front desk clerk, through a small, makeshift hole 3 feet off the ground in a window if there was a reason the air was left off. He replied "that's how the owner does it". It has been 100 degrees today, hottest day of the year at the end of a week long heat wave. I arrived at 11.45pm and put the air on, it is now 1am and still 85+ degrees in the room. Won't be sleeping much tonight and will be canceling my second night.

Posting pictures of bugs as evidence. This place should be shut down. I've stayed at 5 Super 8's in the past 6 weeks, all but this were great.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DannyGr

Travellers are raving about these Harrington hotels

Mashpee, Massachusetts, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Upon check-in, we requested a non-smoking room. We were given a room on the 2nd level. As we unlocked the door and walked in, our 3 kids exclaimed simultaneously, "Ewww!! This room stinks!!!" It had the odor of stale cigarettes. My husband went down to the front desk to request a different room. He was told by the woman that this was the only double available. As we were tired from a long journey, we tried to make the most of it by turning on the air conditioner in hopes that the cold air would help neutralize the odor somewhat. The AC, which was old, hardly pumped out any air at all (on the high setting!) let alone COOL air, and the stench coming from the unit was also of stale-cigarette nature. Husband called the front desk to let them know the AC was not working. When the woman came up to the room, he told her we refused to stay in that room, and that we were packing up and leaving. I took the key cards back down to the desk after re-packing the car. The woman did not apologize for the inconvenience as she processed the refund on my debit card; in fact she was actually quite cold towards me and hardly said a word at all! I am usually pretty easygoing and do not tend to gripe or complain; however, to me this was plain rude. We took our business down the street to the Holiday Inn Express; while more pricey than the Super 8, it was WELL worth the extra money spent to be treated with kindness and respect, as well as a clean place for us and our children to sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrington
Quality Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Milford
#1 of 3 in Milford
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover
Mainstay Suites Dover

Been to Super 8 Harrington? Share your experiences!