“Good Portions Fair Service”

Stargate Diner Resturant
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Harrington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We went on Good Friday. There were four of us. My wife had the shrimp scampi, my daughter had chicken franchese my other daughter had the crab cakes and I had the flounder franchese.
All food came out fast and hot. Maybe that was the problem, the food had no flavor. Neither the scampi or flounder with was suppose to have a butter/lemon flavor had none. The chicken was ok but no lemon taste. The crab cakes were good. Our waiter was good, always filled our water but he didnt ask how our food was. I believe the food didnt get a chance to marinate since it came out steaming from the kitchen. The portions were large all of took food home. The prices were fair. When I went pay they were changing staff. When he asked how our meal was I told him he didn't say sorry to hear that or seem to care. But I will go back one more time to see if food taste the same.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

poor service. Waitress was too personal with her life( i was not interested) Servings too large. Spouse was sick during night and for a couple of days afterward(think is was the crab cake).

1  Thank deesbees
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Great diner with good home cooking, enormous menus and very reasonable prices. Service was excellent too. Will go back.

1  Thank 1stState
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Cozy decor, lighthearted staff, generous portions of home-cooked food. Fair prices.

Ended up taking all my meals here during my stay in the area.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Been there several times now. Always good. They portions are huge so bring an appetite. If you are looking for cutting edge gourmet fare then try another place but if are looking for the old standands done well than this place is for you. Fresh quality ingredients cooked right. One night of the week (maybe Wednesdays) they have live music. The singer is OK but its WAY too loud for my preference. The service has always been adequate or better.