“Great weekend buffet”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The weekend buffet was awesome and cost $7.50 plus by staying at the nearby Holiday Inn we got a 10% discount.

1  Thank Ronald H

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here on most recent visits to Harrington. On both occasions , we were very satisfied.

We were greeted promptly and seated. The waitress was quick with our drinks and attentive throughout the meal.

We orders "Mini meals " and it was more than enough. Each meal was hot and very good.

We would hesitate to eat here again.

1  Thank w8n4simplertimes
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I used to eat here regularly, but lately their standards of food quality have dropped. While they were ok as far as diner food goes, my last few meals have left me wondering what the heck is going on in the kitchen. I ordered a burger with fries on my last visit and the burger was overcooked and the fries dried out. I asked for a burger done correctly (medium, which should have a small amount of pink) and fresh fries and the waitress rolled her eyes and said she would "see what she could do." Really? You need to give me what I ask for. Another visit I ate breakfast. Two eggs sunny-side up and some scrapple. The scrapple wasn't cooked enough (barely warm and still very mushy) and my eggs were overdone (yolks not runny but hard). Again, sent it back for eggs done correctly.

The wait staff have been there for a long time and do know their job. I wonder about the kitchen staff and cooks (yes, cooks, there are no chefs on board because most chefs would know how to cook a basic fried egg). Tables were spaced properly and the menu does have quite a bit to choose from. However, some of the meals I have eaten there lately taste like they came from the freezer (remind me of Sysco brand foods you get at schools and hospitals). Blech!

1  Thank t J
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We went on Good Friday. There were four of us. My wife had the shrimp scampi, my daughter had chicken franchese my other daughter had the crab cakes and I had the flounder franchese.
All food came out fast and hot. Maybe that was the problem, the food had no flavor. Neither the scampi or flounder with was suppose to have a butter/lemon flavor had none. The chicken was ok but no lemon taste. The crab cakes were good. Our waiter was good, always filled our water but he didnt ask how our food was. I believe the food didnt get a chance to marinate since it came out steaming from the kitchen. The portions were large all of took food home. The prices were fair. When I went pay they were changing staff. When he asked how our meal was I told him he didn't say sorry to hear that or seem to care. But I will go back one more time to see if food taste the same.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

poor service. Waitress was too personal with her life( i was not interested) Servings too large. Spouse was sick during night and for a couple of days afterward(think is was the crab cake).

1  Thank deesbees