“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Holiday Inn Express Harrington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We stayed here on our way to Bethany Beach, its about an hr. away. The front desk staff greeted us the minute we walked in, they were very friendly and helpful with the local area. Check in was a breeze !
The room was a King room, it was really clean and smelled fresh, not damp and filthy like some places. The free breakfast was actually good, I usually go into the free breakfast thing knowing it is going to be bland to just plain yuck, but their breakfast was good.
Overall this is a nice clean hotel with great customer service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Harrington

Reviewed 1 August 2012

We've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels over the years, but the one in Harrington, DE is a stand-out in my book! We stayed here for two days and selected it because of it's proximity to the DE beaches and the affordable price. Holiday Inn Express has a great reputation, but this facility stood out in my mind from the courteous staff to cleanliness to great free breakfast. We used our Entertainment discount on a King suite. The tub is a bit narrow though. Lovely furniture, flat screen TV, small kitchen/eating area with refrig and microwave. The refrigerator was larger than most. The bathroom had a large vanity with plenty of counter space. A large sofa bed was also in this king suite. There was an outdoor pool with towels available (although we did not get a chance to use it). We really enjoyed the breakfast and the woman who worked there was very pleasant. A good deal and a good price! We'll be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Thank you for your detailed review of our property. It is great to know that an experienced traveler like yourself takes the time to commend our customer service and appreciate our hotel amenities.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I was here over the weekend with my sister and sister in law for a weekend getaway to the beach. We arrived early around 11am on Saturday, check in time is usually anytime after 3pm but, they were able to check us in early. Extremely friendly and nice staff. We had a king room suite. It was clean and very comfortable. They offer free breakfast in the morning. The eggs were not very tasty but, they had so many other items on the buffet that you could get full off everything else.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Harrington-Dover area and personally I would go back again and stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

We are pleased we were able to accommodate your request for an early check in. We are also happy to know you have found our free hot breakfast buffet to have a variety of items to choose from. Next time you visit try our hot pancake machine if you haven't already!

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Clean, newer, well maintained & staffed hotel. Delightful, helpful staff. 33 easy miles to Lewes Ferry & beaches. 1 mile from casino, which I didn't know about. Staff encouraged me to go obtain a player's card for a better discount than my AAA one. Nice continental breakfast, good assortments. Fabulous outdoor pool no one seems to use! They have a coupon for discounting a local restaurant, nothing fancy but good food. The only negative: the towels in the room - they did exfoliate my skin. If you have sensitive skin, seriously, bring your own towels. Otherwise, a terrific place to stay.

Room Tip: I had king size bed, very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with our property. We are glad you found our hotel to be conveniently located for your travel to the Delaware Beaches. The Harrington Casino is definitely the thing to do while you are in town. If you visit us again take advantage of the free weekend shuttle to the Casino. Also, we will make sure to pass along your comment concerning the towels to our housekeeping department.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I can't comment on the hotel itself, however, I can comment on the level of customer service. I accidentally made reservations on the wrong date and as a result missed my stay - I was a "no show". Obviously I was not aware of my mistake at time and didn't figure it out until the day I thought I had reservations. The hotel was booked for that night, so I was out of luck. And, of course, according to policy was charged for the night I was a "no show". I spoke with the manager hoping to get some accommodation but the manager was not willing to make any adjustment. Wouldn't remove the charge, wouldn't provide a credit...nothing, just stated that she was very sorry but that was the policy. Clearly not concerned about any future business, or working with a customer on a simple, human mistake. Won't stay here. Ever.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Dear Ken W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I'm disappointed to hear about your experience at our hotel and would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 July 2012

This hotel is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but was cheap compared to beach prices so we stayed. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was lacking and we ended up skipping it. The televisions were old. The internet was spotty. Overall it was a fine place to stay if you find yourself in need of lodging in Harrington, DE.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We booked this hotel for a family reunion. We booked based on some of the reviews as we had never been to this area before. Upon arriving in our room the AC unit was making a loud banging noise. No problem as within 5 minutes we were relocated. The facility was extremely clean in the public areas, the hallways and especially the rooms. Every member of the desk crews, housekeeping and breakfast staff were exceptionally friendly. There was no evidence of the smell of smoke contrary to what was posted earlier here. The breakfast was better than expected so we cancelled plans to visit one of the nearby diners. Overall, this facility displayed evidence of a well managed operation staffed by employees who care about the customers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2012

We are delighted you chose our property for your family event and that you have enjoyed your room and our breakfast buffet. We hope to host you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrington
Quality Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#1 of 6 in Seaford
Comfort Inn & Suites Dover

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harrington? Share your experiences!