“Friendly staff!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Harrington
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Harrington
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Now i work at a hotel as one of my jobs and i do expect certain things when i walk in a hotel now that i work in one the service was great! Ms jenn.... AWESOME!!!!!! She had gave me remarkable information on the chinese place and their boneless spare ribs which was good by the way and she also made me a special batch of cookies!!!! Ms jenn and ms julia are the best!!!! I believe the front desk lady name is tina as well she did a great job everyone was great thanks for making my stay hear in the middle of no where harrington great see you next time!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Great review! Thanks for all the compliments on the staff and their recommendations. Hope you enjoyed the cookies they are amazing! We are glad that once again we proved why we are the # Hotel in the area. I will pass along the review to Jenn, Julia and Tina. Hope to see you as a return guest.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Friendly, helpful front-desk staff, clean rooms, great breakfast selection!! Our kids enjoyed it as much as we did! We stayed one night. We noticed upon taking showers in the morning that the bathroom did not have a working vent. We mentioned it to the front-desk staff. They thanked us immensely for letting them know so they could get it fixed promptly. Pricier than another hotel down the road, but well worth the extra money for cleanliness and courteous staff!! Would definitely recommend it, and plan to stay there if we are ever passing through again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2013

Thanks for the wonderful comments. It is a pleasure to know your entire family enjoyed staying with us. We are grateful for your compliments on our hotel and staff and thanks for posting the pictures. We look forward to you returning again.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I from New Jersey drove to the Delaware beach area to visit with family over the July 4th weekend. We chose the Holiday Inn Express because I've had very good experiences with this chain. Our choice was right on because it was a very clean, well run hotel. Room was excellent, staff was very friendly, nice breakfast and right on the highway (Rt. 13). A few minutes down the road was a casino where we enjoyed walking around and watching the people . I'm returning later this week for a couple of days to watch my son coach my grandson in abaseball tournament in Georgetown, De.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Thanks for the wonderful review. The Casino being just down the road from us is a nice addition for many of our guests.We will be looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed on July 4-7, 2013, Staff were friendly and courteous, rooms are immaculately clean, and everything was in working order, breakfast was nice, they only had limited number of tables and chairs to accommodate the many travelers over that holiday weekend, also they need more than one toaster machine....people were waiting long for the toast and bagels rather than eating and leaving, swimming pool although small, but very well kept sparkling clean, fresh clean towels were available all through the day

Room Tip: Be sure to call the hotel for the type of room you want, because we made the reservation online and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we could accomodate you and your family. We apologize for you having the wrong type of room,but as I explained at checkin we do ask that guest booking thru a 3rd party call the hotel to confirm their room type. We look forward to you visiting us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed one night at the Holiday Inn Express Harrington. Check in was quick, efficient and included a nice gift as a Priority Club member.

Room was very nice and clean with a large bathroom. Shower had good pressure and a nice shower head. AC was kind of loud, but kept the room comfortable. Bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. Room has HD TV that includes HBO and the usual.

Breakfast was very good with a wide variety of both hot and cold food in good quantities.

Hotel has a shuttle in the evening to the nearby casino althought I didn't use it as I was in town to participate in a bike race.

With tax the room cost more than $150 which is an incredible amount of money to stay in Harrington, Delaware. I guess the casino and the proximity to the Eastern Shore drives the price and there aren't a lot of options, but still that is a lot of scratch.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Holiday Inn Exp... H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for the great review. The comments about our hotels clean rooms and good service will be passed along to our staff.Our rates are a bit higher during the "peak seasons" however the rate also includes a free hot breakfast.

Reviewed 24 April 2013

When I checked in on April 6, the hotel was quiet, and there was no college bus in the parking lot. But then, on Sunday morning, at 6 a.m., the nightmare started. It sounded like the Calgary Stampede above my room. I could hear every footstep, and sleeping was no longer possible.

So I headed for the breakfast room which had been taken over by a bus group of students from Norfolk, VA. Imagine half a dozen tables and a small buffet for 50 college students! The other guests did not stand a chance, although the attendant kept bringing out more food. I would have eaten in my room, but a kind stranger saved his table for me.

All chain hotels have at least one meeting room, and this hotel manager should have found a better solution for feeding this bus group separately. At $109 per night, the guests can expect a peaceful, well-stocked breakfast room and not a scene from "Animal House". Needless to say, I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Top floor is a must because of lack of soundproofing
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Holiday Inn Exp... H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

On behalf of our hotel I do apologize. It is unfortunate that you experienced this problem. I would like to assure you we did have a meeting space available for the group. We always want our guests to be satisfied during their stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel 302-398-8800 or via email:hhgdegm@hotmail.com so we can further discuss and resolve this matter. Again I am sorry that you experienced this problem.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

From the easy check in from Jenn and Julia to the wonderful morning breakfast...this place is a gem. Great rooms, spacious and clean...I want to sleep in the bed forever! Had difficulty getting up in the morning....LOL.
Breakfast is fresh, hot, and and exceptionally good for a HI. The pancake maker is awesome. Hot, fluffy, fresh made pancakes.....what more can you ask. 24 hour coffee is a great touch and the shuttle to the casino was great.
Love it here.....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Exp... H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thanks for the wonderful compliment,your review will be shared with our staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and felt very comfortable here.See you on your next visit!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Harrington
Quality Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Seaford
Hampton Inn Seaford
#1 of 6 in Seaford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Dover

Been to Holiday Inn Express Harrington? Share your experiences!