“Surprised!”

Redfire Grill & Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Redfire Grill & Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Hockessin
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The meal last night was far better than anything I expected at an airport hotel restaurant/bar. My meal was delicious. They were busy but I didn't have to wait impatiently, and the bartender was friendly and welcoming although quite busy himself. My first-ever Philadelphia cheesesteak was like something from a starred California (my from/to) restaurant because the ingredients were so fresh and high quality, from ketchup to roll to chicken. I expected heavy; I got something The French Laundry would serve on a special "casual" night. The fries had real flavor yet they were gimmick-less. A nice touch was the extra paper napkins besides the large cloth napkin. Realism along with the fine presentation of the food. I was flat-out surprised how good the food was, and how professionally the bar was run. Best airport hotel bar/restaurant outside of Paris?

1  Thank AgentDoubleOSoul

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited for lunch. Service was unfriendly and slow. Salad was small and overpriced. Drinks went unfilled. I will not be returning.

1  Thank Kedwards91011
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My husband and I have eaten here many times. The food is always very good, as is the service. The only time that my husband's steak was not prepared as he had liked, they not only made it right, but they also took the price of his steak off the bill.
We go back again and again because it has always been an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Red Fire Grill never disappoints! Menu includes standard fare prepared unusually. Opportunity to be adventurous "or not" in your menu choice always offers a tasty outcome. The relaxing outdoor patio is a favorite spot. The bar area exudes a subtle relaxing charm. Service, from the hostess, bartender, servers & wait staff is always exemplary. Prices are a little elevated, otherwise, I suspect I'd eat there more often.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband and I went on a Friday evening for a drink and dinner. We've been here before and knew that if we wanted to sit at the bar we needed to get there early. We got our seats at the bar around 6 pm. Our bartender was friendly and efficient, and pours a perfect martini. We ordered the Turkey Leg Confit, and the Pork Chop, both were excellent. This is a lively place with good food, but if you want to eat at the bar you better get there early.
I gave this place a 4 because I rarely rate a place a 5.
We will be going back. Enjoy!