to keep it from becoming too popular.Quaint, quiet, and somewhat quirky, this property has very well maintained grounds and a super location. We stayed 12 & 13 August on the 4th floor and had a large room with a balcony that overlooked the canal and the park. We didn't experience any of the problems Emery F related. The hotel is compact and nothing spectacular to look at from the outside although there is some interesting, low key art work on the exterior. Inside, the artwork is more prominent and tastefully arranged. There's a small but pleasant lobby and small dining area for the continental breakfast. A small restaurant/bar is onsite but we didn't experience it. There's no pool, which probably contributes to the place being so quiet. When I checked in the desk clerk handed me the key to the room. An actual metal key. I don't think I've stayed anywhere that uses metal keys for at least the past 10 years. One of the quirks, I guess. It's a short, one block stroll to restaurants and shops and the light ship "Overfalls" on the canal. Nice place. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the waterfront in the heart of Historic Lewes, The Inn at Canal Square offers its guests exceptional comfort coupled with seaside charm. With 22 beautifully appointed rooms, three 2BR luxury suites and 2 conference rooms, The Inn serves as an ideal coastal escape, retreat location and event destination. All accommodations are generously sized and most feature a balcony overlooking the Lewes Harbor. The Inn's romantic décor invites you to relax and unwind. The Inn is open year round and offers a complimentary, extensive European-Style breakfast.Centrally located, The Inn is a short distance away from unique shopping, fine dining and bay area beaches. And, it's within a mile of the ocean beaches of Cape Henlopen State Park. Visit the new Canal Front Park, located just next door and enjoy the seasonal flowers and a lovely view of the Lewes Harbor.Our friendly, professional staff is always on hand to assist you with dining options, shopping venues and other area attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Inn at Canal Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Canal Square Hotel Lewes
- Inn At Canal Square Lewes, Delaware