“What do you expect for $105 in the Summer!!!”
Review of Red Mill Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lewes
Red Mill Inn
Ranked #7 of 9 Lewes B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've seen worse and also have seen a lot better. Overall, pretty clean. Bedding yellowed and warn with holes. No blanket other than bedspread. Old-fashioned tube tv. Free wifi in room, but none of them were dependable. Didn't use pool, but it didn't look bad. Very close to Lewes public beach and Cape Henlopen and you miss all the horrible traffic on the strip to the outlets and Rehobeth so location isn't bad. Big room, but very dark. Good size fridge and micro included. If we stayed again, would bring our own bedding. Actually booked it without a credit card deposit and they were very good about changing the date at the last minute.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank sugarrunjeep

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Was looking for cheapish hotel near Lewes area for one night and ended up stayed here after seeing it from the road. Seemed nice from outside - rate was $125 - tiny outdoor pool (did not swim). No cover for ice bucket - community ice maker top was open and exposed - had to scoop ice from the top. In room, chain lock at top of door was broken - I slid the desk chair under door knob for the night. Mini refrigerator was good. Room had microwave but I did not use. A/C worked fine to cool the room. Had a rack to keep luggage off the floor (thank goodness!). Bathroom and towels seemed clean. Sheets seemed clean but did have a hole or two. I did a bedbug check of the mattress before I sat down and saw nothing. Then later I saw something crawling on a pillow and captured it in a tiny ziploc bag. BEDBUG. First one (and hopefully last) that I have ever seen. Have sequestered luggage, so hopefully did not bring any home with me. Wish I had been able to read Trip Advisor before I stopped here. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Lola S
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

Im definately one who does not like nasty rooms, I can handle basic when necessary and this is just that. Mustiness goes away with a little AC and its a couple miles off beaten path so a lot cheaper if your looking for weekend stay to do a DE state park. Not much more than camping at Cape Henelopen and much better than that.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Anywherebuthome21666
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The place is infested with bed bugs!!!!!! Pulled the covers back and they were everywhere...was able to get them on video.

• Stayed: September 2011
21  Thank Sh19968
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Upon check in, the room was musty, beer bottles, cups, condom wrappers, and cheese were under the bed. Dead flies were smashed on the ceiling. I asked to be moved to another room but was told "no" they did not have another room even though the "Vacancy" sign was lit. They said the cleaning person would clean whatever needed to be done. At that point, we went looking for another hotel but no rooms available anywhere. We went back to the hotel to find they did go in and clean the things from under the bed, and we decided to stay and deal with the rest since there was no other place to go. My son was trying to heat up a piece of pizza in the microwave but it did not work. They went to the office to use that microwave and the guy behind the desk asked why. he did look for another microwave but didn't have any extra. We could still deal with this inconvenience. Saturday night we left around 7:30 for dinner. When we got back to the room at 11:00pm, we opened the door and the room was flooded. Something in the tank of the toilet broke and water was pooring out the tank. My husband went right to the office for help while I was getting our soaked thinks out of the room. The guy in the office thru him a plunger. We told him he needs more than a plunger. He came to the room looked in the tank of the toilet and proceeded to tell us we broke it on purpose. First he said my husband kicked it before we left for dinner then proceeded to say it must have been the kids, and that we flushed too hard. Why would we break the toilet on purpose to not only inconvenience ourselves but to have all our clothes and beach towels soaked with toilet water. He then walked out saying, "I'm not a f***ing plummer and I have not other rooms available so I don't know what to tell you", and walked into the office and slammed the door. We were there with a baseball team and the kids had to be at the baseball field by 7:30 am. It's now 11:30, the baseball uniforms soaked and no place to sleep. He then called the owners. They came and said there was nothing they could do and would not reimburse us for the night or even a discount. The owner said it's going to cost him money too. Well it's your hotel and you need to maintain the nasty place. At this point, it was getting loud (other people staying in the hotel saw and heard the whole thing and were yelling on our behalf too) and the owners called the police. This is probably what the last review was talking about with the policy in the parking lot. Meanwhile, another couple that we did not know told the police how rude we were treated. They also requested another room at check in as their original room smelled of feces. The police were able to get the owner to reimburse us for the night and the next night but we had to leave the premises. at this point it's 1:00am. I then spent the night until 3:00am doing laundry at a laundromat so the kids had their baseball uniforms for their game at 7:30am. Still no place to sleep for the night. The next night we found a room at the Comfort Inn down the road. It was well worth the extra $75. The Comfort Inn had great customer service and it was clean (you could walk across the room in bare feet and not feel like you were going to get a disease). The Red Mill Inn is the worse hotel I've ever been in. Believe all these reviews and stay away!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
14  Thank basebalmom
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We were looking basically for a place that had air conditioning and was cheap since this was a weekend at the beach and not our major vacation. All the chain places were booked, this had openings. I read "iffy" reviews on this place, and then on Yahoo saw some decent ones on it. Figured we'd roll the dice and go since we weren't going tp spend any time there other than sleeping. The place has a lot of potential, and probably for a very minor investment it could be great, that being said, here you go.........

Check in was ok, girl thought we weren't being charged enough for the room and questioned why the person who took the reservation didn't charge more. I told her we were told it was $400 for 3 nights, and that we were NOT going to be paying more than what we were promised - she backed down and did the check in.

The outside of the hotel looked nice other than the grass needing to be cut, but when I looked around the parking lot there were quite a few "questionable" characters sitting in their construction vehicles drinking beer and staring at everyone (not sure what was going on here).

Got to the room (2 queen beds and pull out sofa), and at first glance didn't look bad. Musty smell due to the air being off in the room. Started looking around a little closer, noticed the tub was dirty, shower head was cracked and spraying onto the wall causing the wall to have bubbles under the wallpaper. Light above sink was missing a bulb, only 1 towel in the room, bedsheets on both beds had holes in them, one smelled of body odor which really grossed us out and IT WAS NOT OURS!

In the AM went to the lobby for the breakfast (coffee and cereal), and noticed that the place stank of cigarettes. Noticed the guy behind the counter smoking up a storm, also noticed the NO SMOKING signs on the door. Guess that didnt apply to him. Talked with a lady in the lobby that morning, and she told us that there were 4 police cars in the parking lot at 10PM. No idea what happened, but it didn't surprise me looking at the clientele at this place.

Bottom line - look for another place until new ownership takes over this place. Believe the bad reviews, they are accurate. I have NEVER stayed in a place as bad as this in my life - nothing even close!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank PAJAY
Reviewed 16 October 2010

The most nasty place i have ever been in,door handles and towel racks falling off,the smell of mildew was choking us,the AC had so much dirt on it thought it would explode during the night.We had to go buy a deodorant spray just to get the room to smell half way decent,walk in our sox the first night in the room and they were black in an hour,please if you have children do not go into this place.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business