“Not the little red boat anymore!”

Lightship Overfalls
Ranked #10 of 51 things to do in Lewes
Lewes, Delaware
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not the little red boat anymore!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Congrats to all the volunteers that have turned a rust bucket into a shinning red ship! The tours, ship's store, community involvement are all an anchor of the Lewes canal.

Visited June 2014

Galway, Ireland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“defo worth paying a visit, it s a unique piece of maritime history”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

coming from a naval and maritime family, we grew up with ships and the ocean always with us and we appreciate when naval and maritime history and traditions are mantained and kept alive.
On our recent visit to Lewes, DE to see some navy buddies, we found out of the Lightship Overfall and I made a little research on that and I was looking forward to touring her as it was my first ship of that kind. Having toured any kind of ship from small tug boats to huge carriers, from submarines to ferries, from tall ships to auxiliary ships and museum ships, I really appreciate the efforts people put in restoring and keeping a ship alive so next generations can appreciate naval history.
I appreciate the tour, and the kindness of the guide, and the ship store next to the ships with tall the souveniers ,
There is a good parking area, a nice park for kids and the centre of the town is not too far so if your kids and wife are not into ships they can walk to town whilst you tour the ship but it will not take long time to tour her unless ye are a maritime nutty and want to see everything.
I must thank the lad who toured us, I reckon a retired US Navy CAPT, not sure about that and I also appreciate the fact that there is a nice Irish pub on the other side of the canal, Irish Eyes Pub where ye can sip a good pint of local brewery after the tour.
The ship is well preserved and she gives you some of history of Lewes....and I am sure we ll pay her another visit as I want to buy one of the ship s ballcap as the store had none left that day .#

Visited July 2013
Macungie, Pennsylvania
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Nice stop”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Interesting restored light ship, on the canal and at a park so nice place to take a break with some interesting things to see. Gives you some of history of Lewes.

Visited May 2013
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Just Cool”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Ok, once you know the story and the work that went behind the restoration of this historic ship its just simply cool to see it and go on it for a tour. Its right down town (basically), so there's not reason not to go and see it and support the effort to continue to save it. :)

Visited October 2013
Gales Ferry, CT
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Wonderful Nautical History”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We had a wonderful tour of this remarkably preserved lightship. Everything is well presented and you really get the feel of what it was like to serve on these floating lighthouses. Our guide was very knowledgeable and it was obvious the love that he had for the history represented by the ship and the pride that the foundation has in maintaining and showing off the ship.

Visited October 2013