“Freshly made ice cream!”

Hopkins Farm Creamery
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Lewes
Description: Farm Made Ice Cream
Description: Farm Made Ice Cream
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Looking for freshly made ice cream and in tons of flavors? Then you need to head to this farm where they offer delicious generous scoops of ice cream in a multitude of flavors. I also liked that they list what is gluten free on their signs. All the flavors I have ever tried have been yummy. My favorite has to be the pistachio. Service can be slow at times but remember it is hand dipped.

1  Thank momof4inmd

Reviewed 16 April 2014

The ice-cream is fabulous, but take it to-go because on a hot summers day you smell cow manure. And that freshness is what makes it so tasty!

1  Thank LoverofLewes
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We used to pass this creamery every time we traveled back home and it was always crowded. We decided to stop there one time and we've been hooked ever since! The ice cream is so fresh (the cows are literally right there) and they have a boatload of flavors. They even have many that a are gluten-free! My favorite flavors are the chocolate and strawberry cheesecakes. My husband loves the rum raisin. Our daughter likes the chocolate brownie flavors. You will be hooked also!

1  Thank McCat98
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My family has been going to the Lewes, DE area for vacation for my whole life and more. For some reason, we just had never ventured over to Hopkins Family Creamery. This year, based on TripAdvisor reviews we decided to give it a try and let me tell you it's fantastic! We went 3 times in 1 week after being so impressed the first visit. I had pumpkin time the first time and the second and third times I had moo cookie. The moo cookie was the best cookies and cream ice cream that I've ever had, and I've had ice cream literally from coast to coast in the USA. I am a Hopkins Family Creamery fan for life!

PS - the cows are kind of stinky but it's so worth it. You can always eat the ice cream in your car or drive down the road a mile to eat it there.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

No trip to the beach is complete without a stop (or 2) at this ice cream shop. It has a huge variety of fresh made hand dipped flavors (we have not had a bad flavor) and the scoops are super generous. We also love the shakes (peanut butter ripple). It is on a real, working dairy so the smell of cattle is present. Give it a try. I bet you'll be a repeat customer!

Been to Hopkins Farm Creamery? Share your experiences!