“We enjoyed”

Ranked #3 of 91 Restaurants in Lewes
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Deli, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch
Description: Home for Bob Ciprietti is Arthur Avenue in the Bronx. Growing up there and falling in love with the food, tradition,and people of NY inspired him to bring a little bit of home to Delaware. Touch of Italy first opened in the fall of 2010 in Lewes, Delaware and now has locations in Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD. Each ristorante has a salumeria(deli) and a pasticceria (bakery) in house. Although our dining room opens at 11 AM, the bakery and deli open at 10 AM. We are known for our most popular Chicken Parm, our mozzarella, our crispy bread, our internationally recognized brick oven pizza, our pasta, and our eclairs. It's important to us that when you dine with us you enjoy a true authentic Italian experience with good food, friends, family, and great conversation. Stop by for a glass of wine and some good pasta or some meatballs and bread. Regardless of your choice, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We enjoyed this place . For what they do they do it well! Packed and very lively . We actually enjoyed ourselves here more then som of the more upscale restaurants in town .

2  Thank Amy S

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Went in for a late dinner & food was okay but customer service was seriously lacking, especially since it is small & can't get too crowded...I was asked if I needed milk for my coffee but she poured a bottle of wine for the next table instead. My husband had to go up & ask for milk again & then no acknowledgement when she came to ask what wine I had before bringing us the check...rather a shame because this could be really good.

6  Thank dpgesq97
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had what was supposed to be a light lunch.. an eggplant appetizer - stacked- for one of us and a salad It was just SO good. The dressing on the salad was the house dressing made with a champagne vinaigrette that I will be trying to duplicate at home. The service was friendly and all of the staff was great. My only complaint was that I didn't have room for dessert !!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

...to going to A Touch of Italy. Yes, the cakes that we bought here, and the bacci cookies, were awesome, but we had never been here for a meal until a few months ago. And the floodgates have opened.

On our first lunch, my husband had the chicken parm sandwich and I had the "dante" (all of my favorite things on out-of-this-world delicious bread). Our second meal there was the same, but I saw a pizza at the next table. I dreamt of this pizza until we could return.

Their pizzas are baked in a wood fired oven and are incredible. About the same size as a medium "pizza parlor" pie, they are a tad pricey but worth every cent. I very rarely (less than once a year) buy pizza because I make my own, but no more. When we are in Lewes (we're part-time residents) we will come here.

Pizza Fiashetto was my first. Prosciutto, artichokes, Parm-Reg. I haven't eaten red meat in almost 20 years, but this pizza was my downfall. That was followed the next time by Pizza alla Sopressata. Then the pizza Padrino with Parma ham and spinach... And to think that I was considering becoming a vegetarian! Yes, they do have pizza without meat, but now that I've gone to the dark side... ;)

Anyway, everything is fresh, fresh, fresh, very well made, and the service is (mostly) very attentive. This is a small place, and can get very crowded, so go in off-hours (especially in the summer).

2  Thank foodfiend20
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My sister is relocating to Lewes and on a recent girls' weekend she introduced us to this wonderful restaurant. We had a delicious eggplant rollatini, salad and a wood fired pizza in the most warm and welcoming atmosphere. The food and service were outstanding! This is a must if you're in Lewes. I brought home a dried salami and taleggio cheese that was simply awesome. Many thanks to Pete,Frank, Henry and Andrew for treating us like family with your warm and welcoming hospitality! We'll be back!

Peter, Frank, Henry and Andrew

1  Thank CRVanUllen

Been to Touch of Italy? Share your experiences!