“Not a real tour but interesting enough”

Nassau Valley Vineyards
Ranked #14 of 51 things to do in Lewes
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Walk through exhibit area telling history of wine making with some interest artifact.
Worth making a detour but if you don't want to taste the wine then there's not much else to do.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We love wineries and try to make a stop at the local wineries anywhere we travel so we can try new varieties and compare wines from different regions. The winery itself is beautiful, in a convenient location and has an interesting little museum you can walk through. The wines cover a nice range of red vs. whites and sweet vs. dry and we found several that we enjoyed enough to purchase. The tasting room experience was not as informative or easy going as we typically find. We didn't think a tasting within a half hour of closing would be imposing but it felt a bit like we were. Perhaps it had just been a hectic day for the staff since it was a rainy day at the beach (? - will give them the benefit of the doubt.) Anyway I wouldn't pass up a stop as the wines are quite pleasant and have a reasonable price point.

1  Thank coffeelover90
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My family and I stopped at this winery on a whim and it was worth the stop to stretch our legs. You could see where they produced their wine and they has a fun little self-guided tour where you learned about the history of this particular winery, the wine making process, and the overall history of wine through the ages. My kids liked looking at the pictures. We participated in the wine tasting which allowed my mom and I to taste 6 different wines (they have lots to choose from) and keep the glass for a $5 charge. The white wines were spectacular - especially Meadow's Edge and Delaware White. They were light and refreshing - perfect for summer. My mother really like the peach (and even may have licked a drip off the side!). The red wines were not nearly as good, but I am sure will get better with more practice. The only thing I did not like was that the woman serving us was not warm and friendly. She was a bit cold and matter-of-fact until we said that we would like to buy a case of wine - then she warmed up a bit. Overall, this is worth a stop for wine enthusiasts.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Nice different thing to do nothing spectacular but the wines were very good so a pleasant time. Do recommend the wine.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Two couples did a wine tasting near closing time and enjoyed all of the samples. The two women who were present were friendly and shared with us the history of the vineyards and also told us about their new endeavors. We remembered the Rose being a nice wine a few years ago when we visited and it was even better this year. We each purchased a rose and a semi-dry white wine. We will be sure to visit again.

1  Thank PAtraveler60