“a great stay.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
Chestertown, Maryland
“a great stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

While some may think they're trapped in a time warp of an era when "kitchy Americana" was en vogue, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. We were in the "Mojave Desert" room, which included a little "Borax" diorama in its corner cabinet. Seriously. How many places will you stay and encounter that?

But, more importantly:
The rooms were large, clean, and comfortable. The hotel was quiet, and we enjoyed a good night's sleep. We had to leave early the next morning, but their continental breakfast was fully stocked at 6:30am just as we hoped.

We would gladly stay here again if needing accommodations in the Rehoboth area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ks21620

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

The hotel is a 10 minute drive from the Rehoboth boardwalk and right on route 1, so a great location. The staff were friendly and helpful. The price was the lowest I could find in the area for an acceptable hotel.

The room was a little grungy. It was US state themed with a bizarre curio cabinet filled with rarely-dusted knick-knacks. I thought that detail was pretty tacky. The area around the patio doors was dirty, as were the corners in the bathrooms. The vinyl shower curtain was starting to get moldy. Our toilet wouldn't stop running. The room smelled very musty when we first checked in. So, not the most luxurious or trendy accommodations. However, most importantly, the bed was clean and I did not get bed bugs. Also, it was quiet and safe.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jessica M
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

We only spent one night here and it was nice. I booked the hotel online, attracted by it's lovely exterior and the fact that a good rate was offered at the time. We were coming into Lewes via a ferry in late afternoon so being on the beach was not important that day. You can easily drive to the beach from the hotel.

We got a standard room which had a refrigerator and coffee maker, no microwave. The fridge is bigger than the mini ones we've had in other hotels.

The rooms have a theme; ours was the Minnesota and was nicely furnished in a colonial style with photos and souvenirs from Minnesota. Air quality was okay, lighting average, atmosphere pleasant, and our room was very clean. The lobby was hung with colorful state flags. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The hotel restaurant was closed; whether permanently or just for the season I don't know. It was mid-September. A family restaurant is just a short walk away and there are other eateries nearby. Shopping is also nearby.

The hotel was very quiet but it was a Sunday afternoon after Labor Day. Later that night the wireless internet stopped working, but at least it was free while it lasted.

I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Our room looked over a parking lot so you might want to ask for a room with a nicer view.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank VirginiaVista
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I made a reservation of a king suite on the labor day weekend. Before I entered the room, I discovered the door covered with full of bugs feasting, which reminded me the movie "Mummy", We managed to get in the suite where there were no bugs thankfully. I called the desk, they said they can only spray on the door after midnight. The day after, they seemed to sprayed something on the door but left all dead bugs on the hallway. Very disgusting experience.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank kevincho

Travellers are raving about these Lewes hotels

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

This was our second year to visit this area due to a baseball tournament. We have stayed at the Heritage Inn both times and had a great experience. It is conveniently located minutes from Rehoboth Beach and the Sports at the Beach complex. There are many restaurant and shopping choices near the Hotel, as well as a grocery store next door.

The price was fair (in comparison to other beach hotels during prime season) and they offer a AAA discount. Every room is over-sized and bright with a small bar sink and counter. If you have children you will not feel like the walls are closing in on you! The front desk staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating! They offer a continental breakfast, but if you prefer a hot breakfast there is a Bob Evans connected to the parking lot and a Dunkin Donuts across the street.

There is a guest laundry and a swimming pool. The pool area is large and offers plenty of seating. Another nice touch is they have hot coffee 24 hours a day.

My only suggestion for the owners/management would be they need new beds. They were a bit uncomfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank daniwl
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I have stayed here on and off for quite a few years, but this was the first time in about 3 years. It seems not a lot has been done to keep the property up, and it is in need of some renovation. That said, if you are looking for somewhere in the Rehoboth Beach area to sleep, this could work. The bathroom was clean, but the maid skipped our room the first (and more important) day of our 2 night stay. The furniture has some peeling veneer, and there was a bottle cap and peanut on the floor under the edge of one bed when we checked in. The cereal and other breakfast items were fresh and plentiful even at 9:30, always a plus for vacationers who like to sleep in a bit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank grandeb
Dover, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I made a reservation for my son for one night on the phone. The same night I discovered that they could stay two nights so I called back and changed the reservation to two nights. They did not request my credit card for the second night so when my hyusband and I were in the area on the night my son and his family were to arrive, we stoppdded off to charge the second night. Now I am being charged for the two nights that they stayed as well as for a second reservation that they claim I made on-line two days later. I would have had no reason to have made this second reservation. If it dated back to the first time that I loooked into making a reservation and
was just checking for availability, then their system is set up to be confusing and to rip people off. I am being charged for a reservation that was never made or used and I am getting no satisfaction in solving this problem from the hotel. When I stopped off to pay the remainder of my son's reservation and they loooked up the name, no one made any comment about there being another reservation for another room under the same last name and being paid for by the same person. Management on the phone was very rude and unhelpful. He kept saying that it was out of their hands since it had been "made" on line. Since they seem to be unable to operate an on-line reservation system correctly or efficiently, they should not be using one.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank JudyR0812
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#13 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#10 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hotel Blue
Hotel Blue
#1 of 7 in Lewes
Fairfield Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach

Been to Heritage Inn and Golf Club? Share your experiences!