“Clean, cheap, super friendly staff.”
Review of Driftwood Motel

Driftwood Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lewes
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
“Clean, cheap, super friendly staff.”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We had a great experience here. The owners were incredibly nice, they came and checked to make sure we had everything we needed. The room was very clean and quiet (!!) and the location was about 5-10 minutes drive to the beach. The kitchen had a stove, dishes, large microwave and fridge. The couch was a pull out sleeper. Even the artwork on the walls wasn't super tacky like most motels. If I had to pick a negative, there was some wood panelling, but in my opinion, that's insignificant. It was a really great stay, absolutely worth the price, and I'd go back there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ashley M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My boyfriend and I were at a music festival in Dover on a Friday and planned to spend the rest of the weekend at the beach. I called about 10 hotels/motels in the area and the Driftwood had the best prices by far. Not only that but they agreed to let us check in at 1am which was very awesome since they are a small owner run business and someone had to stay awake to do it. I had mentioned that it was my birthday to the lady on the phone and when we saw the owner the next day he asked about the concert and wished me happy birthday. The efficiency is basically a small one bedroom apartment. I was impressed how well the kitchen was stocked with dishes, utensils, and cookware! Next time I come to the beach I'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Sciteacher85
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Perhaps not fancy, but truly a friendly and great place to stay!
These folks really care about the quality of your visit, and I really appreciated it.
They actually stop by, from time to time, to check with you.
These folks really care, and that is really special!

I know I will return again!

Room Tip: Heck, there are no bad rooms. There is some traffic noise, during rush hour, but in the evening is...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank KeithLauer
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were looking for a place to stay that was low cost since we would be gone most of the day. This was perfect! The bed was comfortable. It was great to have a sofa, table and chairs. The bathroom is a little small but expected due to the age of the motel. Amanda was very nice, a great manager. On a busy highway, but that was expected too.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ekehl
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 May 2013

When my girlfriend and I took an adventure along the East Coast we were en-route to Scranton, Pa but wanted to see the shore, too. We stayed a previous night in Annapolis, Maryland at a similar motel but the Driftwood Motel took our trip to the next level. From the minute we walked in the office door we were treated by Amanda, Lenora and Lou as if we were family. It was a one night stay but I wished we could have stayed longer. So many great things were experienced during our stay the real impressive moment was when we saw our room, immaculate! We even had a full kitchen to where if we decided to eat-in we could cook, so many possibilities with a full size fridge with a freezer top, a microwave, and full stove and oven along with all kitchen accessories...Let's not forget the pocket door separating the living room from the kitchen and the two flat screen tvs...This place is terrific we are planning on coming back a few times over the course of the next year...We've told all our friends and family this is the place to go for any occasion in the Lewes, area. The place is now open year round, what a delight! Trish and I would like to thank Amanda, Lou and Lenora for all there hard work and we wish to see them again this summer!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Eddie P
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have found this family owned motel .I am glad we stopped in to check out the rooms.They are a great value and have all the ammentities of home from the full kitchen to the queen size pillow top mattress. Wow what a night sleep. If your in the area just stop in and ask to see a room the owners are always looking to please.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank pineypowr
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Thought we were getting a regular motel room for our anniversary weekend. Instead, our "two room suite" came with a small full kitchen with new white appliances, place settings for four, in-room coffee! A definite plus. Cute living room with flat screen tv. Comfy queen bed in seperate bedroom with dresser and another flat screen tv wall mounted. Nicely decorated. When my husband and I returned from our day of shopping, we were greeted by fresh flowers on the dinette table and a nice note from the owners wishing us a happy anniversary. We will definitely go back. Great place. Great price.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PattyD442
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lewes
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#10 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Driftwood Motel? Share your experiences!