“Great breakfast place”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 3 Doors Down from Fire Company 1 Block South of Beebe Hospital
Description: Innovative and Creative cafe serving Traditional American Breakfast includes Fresh Blueberry Pancakes...Eggs Benedict or Stuffed Omelets till 2:30pm Lunch includes handmade burgers with lots of toppings, try a Spinach or Caesar Salad. Av ocado BLT...Asian Tuna Wrap Our New Taste & Mains Dinner Menu available from 5pm Nightly includes French Bean or Artisan Salads...Colvine Farms Bison Burgers....Blackened Shrimp & Scallops..>Chicken Oscar with traditional hollandaise sauce or Chicken Mafioso. Try our NY Strip Au Poive or Hand-cut Filet Mignon. Our Chef's desserts include Creme Brulee...Seasonal Bread Pudding or Chocolate Truffle Cake. Check out our fully stocked bar with Craft Beers and our extensive wine list.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I live in Lewes and recently took some friends to JD's Cafe for breakfast. It was our first time eating there. What a pleasant surprise and a nice find. The menu and the atmosphere are great. A nice selection of omelets with just about any ingredient you want. Portions are big and the quality is very good. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Let me qualify this by saying that we only ate breakfast at JD's so I cannot rate any other meals there. What I can tell you is that the breakfast was awesome! My wife got eggs benedict which were perfect. I went with a smoked salmon omelet with cream cheese and capers on top. The quantity of food that they brought out filled us up until dinner time (yes we skipped lunch). The food was amazing, which is something hard to say about breakfast food since it is pretty standard anywhere you go. I would recommend this as a stop at least for their breakfasts.

1  Thank mowens2
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I miss the old filling station menu. New management has made it fancier - $7.50 for a cup of soup! A cup! $8.00 for a piece of cheesecake. They have two sizes of each entree, but the large wasn't that large; I'm afraid to see what the small was like.

The food was pretty good, but I have now taken this off one of my favorites list. Breakfast used to be the best; maybe I'll try that sometime.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Had dinner here on the spur of the moment on an off season Friday night. The menu was new and innovative. The focus has changed from a few years ago when it was called JD's Filling Station with decor to match. The filling station decor is muted and much improved. The place has lost the diner look and the food has improved immeasurably. We had swordfish with shrimp cheese grits and assorted vegetables. Everything was perfection. Another diner had veal Marsala which she thoroughly enjoyed. . Most entrees were in the $18 to 22 range . Steaks were higher. Smaller plates offered in the $13 range. Service was fast, efficient and pleasant. We thought we would have an okay dinner,,but were pleasantly surprised and happy to have an outstanding dinner.. We can hardly wait to go back and try some of the other tempting things on the menu. We live here so it won't be long before we do just that.

1  Thank Josiebeach312
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I am reviewing JD's based on my first time visit for breakfast with a girlfriend who has eaten there several times and loves it. I always trust this friend's restaurant picks, and JD's was spot-on as a great place to have a tasty breakfast in a cozy setting that consisted of "filling station" memorabilia and decor. My friend had raved over the French Toast, so again I trusted her judgement and promptly placed my order- - superb! Very moist (but not soggy) and very flavorful. Good coffee at this joint, too! A nice way to start our day in historic Lewes!

1  Thank BucketListR