“Great food, great service, reasonably priced...”
Review of Fish On

Fish On
Ranked #59 of 89 Restaurants in Lewes
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We live in Lewes year round and have done so for many decades now ;->

We have several restaurants we frequent in Lewes, but are always looking for consistency, which we often find lacking in our favorite haunts...

And so we tried Fish'On again over the Memorial Day holiday. We had the Captains Platter, which was a nice assortment of fresh seafood (lobster tail, scallops, shrimp, and crab cake). It was broiled and cooked to perfection.

Our salads, drinks and desert were all likewise top shelf. The price was not inexpensive, but then again we had a nice spread. All things considerable it was reasonably priced ...

We'll be back...

Reviewed 27 May 2014

On May 25th we had our 3d dinner at Fish On. We had 1] Buttermilk Flash Fried Calamari with Mustard Tartar Sauce & Lemon, [we substituted Marinara sauce for the Tartar]; 2] 10 oz NY Strip Steak Sliced, w/ charred scallion butter, mashed potatoes & asparagus; 3] Captain's Platter with Crab Cake, Scallops, Shrimp, Lobster Tail, green beans, Lemon & Butter; and 4] a special dessert of chocolate cake rolled with a vanilla ganache filling and a strawberry garnish. The calamari were crisp and tender, but absolutely soaked in grease. The napkin underneath the calamari had enough grease in it to fry a chicken. The buttermilk batter had a typical sourness that I appreciated but my wife did not. The steak was grilled and sliced on the bias. The flavor was predominantly that of the grill, not the steak. The asparagus and mashed potatoes accompanying the steak had problems. The mashed potatoes were sweet enough for me to wonder if sugar had been added. The asparagus was improperly trimmed. The bottom of the stalks were slightly woody. The Captain's Platter was probably the best dish we have had in all three visits to Fish On. It was accompanied by clarified butter and green beans. The butter nicely accented the seafood. The green beans were well prepared and quite good, to my taste. The dessert was a pleasant standard common in mid western America in the 1950s. Flavorful but too sweet for modern tastes. This was the best meal of the three we have eaten at Fish On, but I prefer to eat at Matt's Fish Camp, Big Fish, Agave, Nage, Shorebreak Lodge, Amuse, or Arena's. Why eat a $100 meal at Fish On when we can get better food for a little more and equally good food for a lot less. The host and our server tonight were excellent, but the food was merely good. The Sodel chain has a problem with consistency and quality. Nothing is ever totally bad, but the food is seldom excellent. Of the lot Matt's Fish Camp is the best.

2  Thank JamesBenson
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Have visited this restaurant maybe once a year over the last few years and again last Wednesday.Meals are creative with the local fresh foods of the area. Had stuffed claims app and Scallops for dinner with Risoto.. Great flavors and local brew to wash it all down..W lucke ot as Wed nights are 25% of the bill. You cant beat that !

1  Thank Ed G
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Personally, I like this place for the great food and the easy parking. Anyone in Rehoboth Beach in the summer will value the abundant free parking. Happy hour offerings include the usual $1 oysters and steamed shrimp. But the other offerings include steamed clams, mussels and fish tacos. The dinner menu is also great with shrimp and grits, seared scallops and lobster risotto being my favorites.

1  Thank webbuzzard
Michael D, Manager at Fish On, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Hi

Thanks for joining us & for taking the time to share your experiences with the TripAdvisor community. I'm so glad that you enjoyed our happy hour and our regular menu equally. If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com. We hipe to see you again soon!

Thanks
Mike Dickinson

Reviewed 7 January 2014

My wife and I decided that we would venture out on NYE. Fish On took reservations and that eliminated some hassle. It has been a go to place for us. We started out with the soup special and the tuna appetizer ... both were nice and went well with the bottle of wine we ordered. The bread as always was great ... my wife tells me that the bread reminds her of one of her Aunt's recipes ... very special. She had the scallops and I had the fish special both were tasty and rich. And the deserts were both special (I had the bread pudding and she had the flourless chocolate cake)... We'll be back ... a special evening.

Michael D, Manager at Fish On, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hi Marty

Thanks for joining us on NYE! I'm glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. It also makes me happy to hear that we have been a go to spot for you and your wife., In this business we put a lot of time and effort into being consistently great. If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.

Thanks
Mike Dickinson

Been to Fish On? Share your experiences!