“It was Bad.”
Review of Sea Esta Motel II

Sea Esta Motel II
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Neck
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We needed a place for three nights for a family wedding. The location was very good for our needs. When we checked in my husband first noticed the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke in our non-smoking room. Then we noticed the burn marks in the carpet and on the edge of the tub. I could not live with the dirt on the back of the bathroom door and the entrance door. Three minutes with a wet washcloth took care of that. I would have done more cleaning but it annoyed my husband. There were no blankets on the beds, just a sheet and the questionable bedspread. The sheets and bed did appear to be clean. The towels were cleaned but stained and thin. We stayed, the price was right and we had family joining us on the next two nights. I killed a roach in the bathroom the first morning and another bug too, not too happy about that. Also, it appeared that there were homeless families living at the motel. On the last night of our stay there was an attempted break-in to my brother's room while we were out, the office saw it via the security camera's and stopped the break-in, my nephew was very afraid and got very little sleep. When my aunt and uncle's room stunk to high heaven with the "room freshener" used by the cleaning staff - I was glad that we had intercepted the maid and waived her off. The people were very nice, the location was good for us, it was quiet, but the place needs a good cleaning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan N
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had at our property. We try to make all of our guest experiences a memorable one that they can look back on with delight. It appears that we did not meet your expectations. I do apologize for this and please if you would give us another chance next time you are coming to the area please contact me directly and I will make sure that we show you that we are much better than your last experience.
Next time you book with us please let me know at the time of your booking or simply ask to speak with me. I d look forward to making you next experience at Sea Esta one that will last for good reasons instead.

Brandon Morris

Reviewed 3 December 2011

My parents live in Long Neck and they had the whole family staying with them so we opted to stay at a hotel nearby. This place was nice for the money. The only issue was the internet, it was hit or miss. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NewProvidencePink123
Reviewed 11 July 2011

The room had that unmistakable motel odor. The towels left a lot to be desired and carpet needs to be replaced. The room was clean which to us is most important. We didn't pay a lot and it fit our needs. Hence we felt we got what we paid for...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank WineauxDE
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Very comfy bed, had micro and frig to save on meals. FREE Wifi to keep in touch with office, I loved it for the price. Will stay again.
NON smoking room, but provide a chair and ash tray to smoke outside your door. A+

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DEBusinessGuy
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Smokey non smoking room, even have a planter ash tray outside your door. Sand paper towels, big 19 inch tv....

desk staff. Oh yeah it was "cheap". Anywhere else you find has to be a upgrade

Room Tip: Stay away
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Scalies3
Reviewed 20 July 2010

This might be an acceptable place for solitary travelers or young marrieds. I am a man in my sixties and was traveling with my sister, also in her sixties, and we expected some degree of privacy. We did get separate beds, but that's about it. You can't get dressed in the bathroom, which consists of a toilet and a shower stall -- no sink! The large vanity and mirror are in the main sleeping area, wide open to view, even to people in the parking lot, if the door or the blinds open.

I had to sneak up in the early morning to shave while my sister slept, and I had to do so with the light off. We both had to leave the building in order to give the other some privacy to dress. Apparently, all rooms are designed like this. In a room near ours, a young boy opened the door while I was walking from the car and I caught an unintended glimpse of his father pulling on his trousers inside a room that should have had walls for privacy. I hope the guy didn't see me see him! I sure hope I can forget it.

I did get a kick out of seeing an old pair of boots sitting outside room 165, as if the lodger expected some concierge to whisk them away, shine them and return them by morning! Good luck with that. (See photo.)

Our room had a small television (not HD), an iron, a microwave, a refrigerator and plenty of drawer space. There was a coffee pot with complimentary coffee and creamers, etc. It is indeed an acceptable place for one person who is not fussy about amenities. There is a nice pool, but I did not have a chance to sample it. There is virtually no place outside to sit and read in comfort -- just a metal chair outside your room, and no shade from the hot sun or protection from rain.

There is no place on-site to eat. There is a pizza place across the street advertising two large cheese pizzas for $21, which doesn't sound like much of a deal. There is also a place nearby called No Idea Restaurant and Club, but I cannot vouch for anything about it beyond the originality of the name.

Bottom line: You can probably do better elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This is an older property which has not been updated. The bathroom consists of a tub, toilet, and door. The sink is not in the bathroom, but is outside it, so if you want to wash your hands, you do so in the tub. I stayed there with my brother and we had to schedule shower times, and one of us had to leave the hotel room to allow for privacy. There is no lounge, so one of us was outside in the hot Delaware sun.

The property has a refrigerator, microwave, iron, and coffeemaker. There is no tea--bring your own. They do supply coffee and the sugar/creamer packages. Soap, shampoo and conditioner complete the amenities. We had to ask for hangers. The toilet paper is single ply.

They bill your credit card for the first night as soon as your reserve the room. They bill for the second night upon check-in. They have a no refund policy. I don't know what their cancellation policy is. The office is closed in the mornings.

There is no restaurant on site. There is a pizza place across the street, and there are some eateries. There are three nearby grocery stores.

There are a lot of families staying there, and the kids seemed to be having a good time. I didn't swim, but the pool looked nice. There is no lifeguard.

One of the other guests went into the room and the smoke detector was making a low noise, so he took the battery out. There was no fire, but the battery should have been changed.

The air conditioner had been on before we entered the room, so the room temperature was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2010
Fenwick Inn
Fenwick Inn
#23 of 104 in Ocean City
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Sea Esta Motels IV
Sea Esta Motels IV
#12 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Sea Esta Motel II? Share your experiences!