“Non Smoking Room ?????”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Neck
Denver, PA
“Non Smoking Room ?????”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here the second weekend in August. When I made the reservation I requested a non smoking room. At check in the staff was friendly and I felt like I was expected. On the door of the room was the universal nonsmoking icon. I open the door and found the room a little warn and out dated but clean. Then I noticed the faint smell of cigarette smoke. I wrote it off as it was a smoking room at one time and was never cleaned properly. I complained to a staff member at check out, but they were on a cell phone call at the sometime they were talking to me. So I am not sure it was taken seriously. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happyonbluelake
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
I am sorry to hear about your last stay with us. We are a non smoking property and all rooms should not smell like cigerettes. So for that I do truly apologize. I also wanted to say sorry for the desk cleark not paying immediate attention to you and makeing you feel like you were not thier entire focus. There truly is no excuse so I will not try to create one.
We want all of our guest that stay with us to feel that they are biggest priority. We try to be a great location at a great price, but always want to have the highest customer service.
Once again I do aplogize that we did not live up to this on your last stay, but if you give us another chance I am certian you will see that you are #1 to us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed here July 15th to July 19th and had a wonderful time. My family and I had 3 rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the were reasonably priced. The staff were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank suefamily826
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed your time at our property. Please look for us again next time you are in the Long Neck area.
DE
Reviewed 1 August 2012

Not fancy but sufficient. Reasonable small motel. Staff friendly. Stayed for baseball tournament. Nearby food and putt putt course. Close to sports at the beach complex without beach prices. Bring extra pillows and blankets as theirs are not the highest quality.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us at our property. We were glad to hear that your team did well in the tournemnt at Sports at the Beach. We will definitly look into upgrading the blankets before your next stay. We do have a few diffent style blankets in the rooms so please next time ask us for s diffent kind of blanket if the one you had was not to your liking.
We do look forward to having your team back wiht us next time you are down at the Sports at the Beach facilities.
NJ
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed room for a Friday and Saturday to attend wedding. They required a 2 night min. stay totaling $300 up front. The room was NON smoking. The room was old, very dirty, the carpet had many cigarette burns and stains in it, the bed sheets were as thin as tissue. The bath was old, faucets were crudy. We went to the store and bought lysol spray and wipes to help sanitize the room. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
I do apologize for your alst stay with us. While we are not a brand new hotel we do everything we can to try to keep it updated and clean. We have been replacing carpets in the rooms that have had issues and we do clean the rooms daily.
I am sorry about your last expereince at the hotel and would like to invite you back to see the improvements since your last visit.

Travellers are raving about these Long Neck hotels

Reading, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My 14 year old daughter, her friend and myself had reservations to stay at the hotel for four nights. July 15, 2012 to July 19, 2012. On the first and second night that we were there we knew something was biting us but we still had not realized what it was. We figured it was sunburn itch or "no-seeums" (little flies). On the third night I decided to sit up and watch for whatever was biting at my legs, and sure enough after watching for a few minutes I found that it was fleas! Lots of fleas! the next day I went to office and spoke to a gentleman who was soooo nice to me, however, his answer to the problem was to tell house keeping so when they cleaned our room next they could spray stuff in the room to try to "knock down" the infestation. This was not the answer I was expecting nor did I allow them to do that because my daughter is highly asmatic and extremely sensitive to any aerosol products. They could not move us to another room as they were full and would not refund us our money for one night should we have decided to leave. Needless to say we stayed another night and went home severely flea bitten and no matter how much we shook our stuff out and rolled everything up and tied it in bags those fleas came home with us. Allthough fleas were our biggest issue I dont want to forget to mention that our room smelled really bad the whole time we were there (i bought febreeze but that only lasted a little while) AND we were told two of the four days that we were there that we couldn't get clean towels because house keeping didnt have enough to go around. Before I close I want to thank the gentleman (I think his name was Mickey??) for his kindness and trying to help us in spite of having to follow "the policies" and would like to compliment the house keeping lady who did our room as she was a lovely person, HOWEVER, I will be sure to spread the word about our stay there and hope that this establishment will change its "policies" about refunding a customers money when its not the customers fault that their stay was less than satisfactory. I am not finished with my complaint against this motel as I will be in touch with the BBB and any other administrations that may be able to help get my money refunded.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gail D
I am truly sorry about your last stay with us. We do all we can to keep bugs out of our rooms, unfortunutly though is some cases it is our guests who sometimes transport them to us. Since we are a pet freindly hotel we do treat the rooms that have had registered pets in them after they leave each time. But sometimes people do not always tell us they had pets.
I am sorry about your stay though and I do wish you would give us another chance to show you that we can do much better.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed here for two nights. The desk was open 24 hours which was very useful since we arrived late on Friday night and then came back after a concert on Saturday night. When we checked in the two gentlemen at the desk were welcoming, professional, and very nice. The room was basic, but great for the value. We also really liked having the chairs provided outside to sit and unwind a little bit before heading to bed. As roadside motels go, this one is quite nice. Not too far from the beach, and in a pretty area. Also, right next door there is a man who sells crab cakes and BBQ chicken- made to order- which was awesome.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diannabanana82
Thank you for your nice comments on the site. We try to be an affordable alternative to the higher priced hotels at the ocean. We are very glad that you had a great time with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Me and my family enjoy the low crowd areas, and go for the quieter scene. We decided on Long Neck and chose this small motel for the $. For the price, I didnt expect more then basic, but didnt expect to be overcharged either! Then everyone I spoke to seemed to want to think what there records state was right, and my online banking statement was wrong. I booked the room 2 days prior, had to pay 1 night up from, $86 , check in, gentleman stated that there credit card system was down and would run my card later for the other $86. We had a boat to catch, said my receipt will be at the desk that evening when we return. Stopped by the mac machine to withdraw, and noticed my balance was wrong, checked my online banking and there was a charge for $172 from the motel. Addressed the issue, to which went circles around how our system says we only charged $86. Showed my phone with my online banking, and insisted bank made an error. Spent 20 minutes in the office with 2 guys that seemed clueless, half hour on phone with bank, another 10 in motel office today, with another guy that says he's not sure what happened. Thanks for a stressful vacation and a screwing up our spending $, we ate mcds for supper and skipped on mini golf so we can afford to take the ferry to cape may tomorrow and enjoy the rest of our vacation. But if you dare, not bad for the $, the smell of cigarettes lingered, but how can you stop people from doing it, was like a 100 degrees out, you would of thought knowing people are due to check in, the air on would of been nice instead of the window opened. Carpet were questionable and the tile didnt look clean. Shower was very clean, micro, fridge, outside tidy and neat, one bed was ok, the other was wore, could here the springs were broke. overall, all the guys in the office were kind even though I was pissed, they all just blamed it on my bank making an error, and told the people beside us the same thing, check with there bank. If not for being overcharged, I would have came back here in September.

• Stayed July 2012
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
I am sorry to ehar about your experience at the hotel. Not to make excuses but we did rencelty switch over to a new system at the front desk and apperently not all the kinks had been worked out when you ame in to check in. However, there should not have been any additional charges placed on your credit card because of that. PLease call me and let me know if that did happen and I will make sure it gets corrected ASAP. We do try to offer a great experience to all of our guest and I do apologize again that we did not meet our goals on your stay with us.
Please feel free to contact me directly if you still have any additional charges other than what should have been charged. My email is BMorris@marshallhotels.com.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Neck
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#18 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Fenwick Inn
Fenwick Inn
#22 of 103 in Ocean City

Been to Sea Esta Motel II? Share your experiences!