“Not for those seeking delux but provides all creature comforts”
Review of Sea Esta Motel II

Sea Esta Motel II
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Long Neck
Reviewed 20 July 2013

The hotel is not located directly near the bear which is exactly why we chose it. It is very convenient to get anywhere on SR 23 or SR 24 and by pass the summer traffic on Coastal 1. The pool is very clean with exceptionally liberal pool hours. Our room was large (2 double beds)and apparently clean, not eat off the floor clean but no hotel really is. Some hotels are better than others at polishing only those areas where light hits. The front desk was extremely helpful at supplying anything we needed if housekeeping forgot to replenish something. They have upgraded to Fios WiFi and have 4 router signals so it is possible to select the strongest depending where your room is located. The room has ample towels and complimentary toiletries (soup is a little harsh but great for hand laundry) & better than average lighting in bathroom. Really good hot water as well. Amenities: in room coffee maker & coffee supplied was pretty good, microwave, mini-fridge w/ freezer compartment to re-freeze blue ice pack for next day jaunt, blow dryer, & an iron w/ ironing board. Pillows are a little mushy or too firm but you can bring your own if that's a biggie. Housekeeping staff is very pleasant and accommodating. This is a pet friendly hotel but this was not a problem--no fleas, no barking dogs and no cat odors. I had read some previously posted comments about non-smoking rooms smelling of cigarettes. I think this is cause by the fact that smoking is permitted in public areas and can be sucked in thru the HVAC if there are enough smokers around (this happened to us and we are not smoker). Management is very ample to correct the situation with a motorized portable air purifier as well as some sort of scent neutralizer which actually does work.
This was a bargain for 5 nights peak summer season for about $250 including taxes. Book thru hotel directly for best rates.
The hotel is what it is. It is does show it wear and tear but, then again, so do I. I am not moving in for life but for a break from the routine. DON'T eat breakfast at the Oceanic Grill II diner across the road. Try the Long Neck Diner up on SR 24 & 23 or the Oak Orchard Diner on SR 24 & Oak Orchard Road. These diners good for breakfast ONLY!! Nothing, and I mean nothing, else.

Room Tip: Make you booking directly thru the hotel for best rate as well as cancellation if necessary. All ro...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank helen m

Reviewed 4 July 2013

My husband and I stay there all the time. I can"t think of anything to complain about, The staff have always been friendly. The rooms were always clean, and I think the beds were pretty comfortable. I will admit the room aren't real fancy,but they are nice. I would rather pay a fair price for nice, than pay top dollar for fancy. I would recommend the Sea Esta II to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My family and I stayed at the motel in 10/2012. Total of 4 rooms were used. Non smoking rooms were requested, all rooms smelled of smoke.The carpets in all the rooms were horrendous; filthy, stained and ripped. Linens for the beds and baths were old, thin, and worn out. No signs in office offering AAA, AARP, or repeat customer discounts, BUT discounts were available if you knew enough to ask at time of check-in. If discounts were requested at end of stay-staff refused to adjust the rate. Walls in room are thin, we could hear a TV clearly from the ajoining room. AC unit did not work. Staff refused to print an air line boarding pass for my 79 year old mother. There is no PC available for guests. Quality of rooms is terrible, office staff lack hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nancy F
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

I would like to take a quick moment to say first that I am sorry to hear about you last stay with us. We are a 100% non smoking property, but unfortunately people do not always abided by that. We do all we can after someone has smoked in a room to remove the odor, however tobacco is a very strong and lingering smell that is very difficult to remove completely.
This being said, we do pride ourselves for being a clean hotel. We do regularly commercially clean the carpets of the hotel as well as shampoo the carpets on a rotating basis with our own in house machine. While we are not the plushest hotel out there, we never claimed to be. As far as discounts offered at the desk, we are not in the habit of asking guests what discounts they have. We do offer AAA and AARP discounts as a courtesy to those who are members. As with all hotels in the industry we set our rates and set discounts accordingly, we are after all a business. You also said in your complaint that we do not have a lobby computer. This is true, but we never said we did. We offer Free Wi-Fi to all of our guests.
While we do wish our entire guest to come back, I would also ask that people make sure they look at the motel at which they choose. We are who we are, and that is a clean and affordable alternative to the much higher priced hotels at the beach. We offer great service with clean rooms at a great price and what we believe is the best value around. I am sorry that you did not like the motel but it seems from your letter that we were not what you were looking for.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here the second weekend in August. When I made the reservation I requested a non smoking room. At check in the staff was friendly and I felt like I was expected. On the door of the room was the universal nonsmoking icon. I open the door and found the room a little warn and out dated but clean. Then I noticed the faint smell of cigarette smoke. I wrote it off as it was a smoking room at one time and was never cleaned properly. I complained to a staff member at check out, but they were on a cell phone call at the sometime they were talking to me. So I am not sure it was taken seriously. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyonbluelake
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

I am sorry to hear about your last stay with us. We are a non smoking property and all rooms should not smell like cigerettes. So for that I do truly apologize. I also wanted to say sorry for the desk cleark not paying immediate attention to you and makeing you feel like you were not thier entire focus. There truly is no excuse so I will not try to create one.
We want all of our guest that stay with us to feel that they are biggest priority. We try to be a great location at a great price, but always want to have the highest customer service.
Once again I do aplogize that we did not live up to this on your last stay, but if you give us another chance I am certian you will see that you are #1 to us.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We stayed here July 15th to July 19th and had a wonderful time. My family and I had 3 rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the were reasonably priced. The staff were very nice and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank suefamily826
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motel II, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed your time at our property. Please look for us again next time you are in the Long Neck area.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Not fancy but sufficient. Reasonable small motel. Staff friendly. Stayed for baseball tournament. Nearby food and putt putt course. Close to sports at the beach complex without beach prices. Bring extra pillows and blankets as theirs are not the highest quality.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your recent stay with us at our property. We were glad to hear that your team did well in the tournemnt at Sports at the Beach. We will definitly look into upgrading the blankets before your next stay. We do have a few diffent style blankets in the rooms so please next time ask us for s diffent kind of blanket if the one you had was not to your liking.
We do look forward to having your team back wiht us next time you are down at the Sports at the Beach facilities.

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Stayed room for a Friday and Saturday to attend wedding. They required a 2 night min. stay totaling $300 up front. The room was NON smoking. The room was old, very dirty, the carpet had many cigarette burns and stains in it, the bed sheets were as thin as tissue. The bath was old, faucets were crudy. We went to the store and bought lysol spray and wipes to help sanitize the room. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012

I do apologize for your alst stay with us. While we are not a brand new hotel we do everything we can to try to keep it updated and clean. We have been replacing carpets in the rooms that have had issues and we do clean the rooms daily.
I am sorry about your last expereince at the hotel and would like to invite you back to see the improvements since your last visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Long Neck
Fenwick Inn
Fenwick Inn
#22 of 104 in Ocean City
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#15 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Anchorage Motel
Anchorage Motel
#19 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Sea Esta Motel II? Share your experiences!