“Don't even think about staying here”

Blakehurst Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blakehurst
Sydney, Australia
“Don't even think about staying here”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Could not check into reception as a remodelled Valiant Regal car of the 1970's variety was blocking the driveway. He eventually moved into another shaded area and we were instructed to park outside our room which was towards the end of the block. An altercation took place between my friend and the owner of the Valiant as he had apparently been waiting for 15 minutes for a spot in the shade. Once he was settled in the shade he proceeded to vacuum his car. To my knowledge he was not a guest but a friend of the night duty manager. We went into the room and I was dismayed to see the state it was in. It was musty, the quilt on the bed had seen better days, several times, and it had holes in it. Added to this was the charming support of the TV cabinet being a wooden stick. The glasses in the fridge were Vegemite jars. There was no soap in the dispenser in the bathroom, we were only given 2 towels and no bath mat or hand towel and the room was not clean. After we were subjected to 15 minutes of Mr Valiant Regal revving his car in the driveway outside our room, we asked if we could be moved. There was only one other room available (apparently) and we decided to accept their offer as it was on the opposite side of the building. When we went looking for milk in the fridge there was none and as if that wasn't enough we had no kettle to make a cuppa anyway. We had to borrow the one from the kitchen with instructions to please return it in the morning. Teaspoons were absent but we did have two paddle pop sticks available to stir our tea. I would rather have checked out, but it was too late to find somewhere else to stay. To even equate this place with the hospitality industry is an insult to all those who really try to provide good clean accommodation. Staying with your worst in-laws would be an improvement.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jrlucy634

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Young, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2013

1st room I was given the door was wide open and the bed had been slept in with covers flipped open like someone had just got out of it. Was challenged by staff when I came back down to report it and ask for another room. I stayed here booking three rooms, the two that my parents each stayed in were just ok. My Second room was appalling. There was makeup on the bench in lounge area, was a smokers room and I wasn't even asked if I had preference and the room smelt appalling. There was urine on the toilet seat, the vanity was wet and there was cigarette ash on the carpet. The sliding door to the bathroom was impossible to slide shut and security felt non existent. The towels were clean at least and the bed sheets appeared clean, but the bed cover was stained and old and the furniture looked like it was from an 80's crackhouse. The tv worked but barely. My father said his didn't work at all. No breakfast menu at all. The car park looked like jims spare parts yard with guys fixing or cleaning there cars at the summernats although one man offered to carry my luggage, I thanked him but didn't take him up on the offer. Took two sleeping pills for the noise of the highway right next door and to block out the disgust, but a good nights sleep I did not have. Very disappointing as I know you don't get much for 100 bucks but this was dismal......

Room Tip: None, don't go there
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Tanya J

Travellers are raving about these Blakehurst hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This place really does leave a lot to be desired. The sheets on one of the beds were not clean and there were cigarette butts floating in the toilet. Our room was in major need of renovation. About the only thing it has going for it is that there are no other hotels close by so if you need to be in or close to Blakehurst then this is your only option.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kuvarani D
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ok, first the pros.....(yes, there were some)....the room and bathroom were acceptably clean, bedding was clean and the staff at the front desk were helpful and friendly.
.....the cons.....oh dear.....the room was very run down; large hole in the shower ceiling and a fist-sized dent in the front door. To turn on the TV you would be required to insert your finger into the hole in the front of the TV where the 'on' button used to be. One bedside lamp had a shade and one didn't. There were tea making facilities.....but we were unable to locate a kettle (despite our best efforts). The window in the loo didn't close. Given that we were staying there in the middle of winter, the night time trip to the loo became reminiscent of the old trip to the outside Dunny (bit chilly on the backside). It's also right on the Prince's highway. So unless you find the roar of traffic soporific this may pose a problem for you. We were delighted to note the presence of an airconditioner.....and equally horrified by the volume of it's roar. Conversation took the form of air traffic control signals until the thing powered down....it did drown out the noise of the traffic though.
My final word of advice to any of you brave souls that may choose to stay at this establishment anyway.....check the clock radio alarm. The one in our room erupted into life at 1.30am with a loud commentary on a horse race somewhere.....it had us both sitting up bolt upright in fright like a pair of meerkats. To be honest, spend your $100 elsewhere; they'd have to pay me to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Eureka198
Nowra, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the blakhurst motor inn Sunday 21st July 2013 we picked this motel as my husband had a motor bike accident and was flown up from the south.coast to st George hospital and this motel was the closest for us. A friend found it for us as it has a aaa rating. We were not expecting the Hilton but we got the Bali Hilton. Absoulty disgusting the floor was dirty the curtains had who nos wot on the no tv reception no soap. We slept with our clothes on and was out of there very quick in the morning. I am sending a email to aaa rating putting in a complaint

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Sueann R
, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at this what suppose to be a motel, on a Saturday night, we pre-booked a deluxe room with a queen bed, As we first opened the door to our room we were met with the stench of mould and mildew, the carpet was faded and torn in places which could of been a trip hazard if we didn't notice it, the furniture was old and damaged looked like it was picked up from a council rubbish night. I sat on the bed and thought I was sitting on the floor, the bed base which suppose to support the mattress was broken and collapse. Secondly I noticed the carpet between the bed and wall was wet as if the roof had leaked and water was running down the wall, as I was looking at this I had noticed a syringe stuck between the wall and bedside table. I decided to lay my head down on the pillow and realised that the pillow and quilt was also wet. The quilt was also mouldy.
We decided to go down to reception and asked for our money back and go and look for another motel (or even sleep in our car would have been more comfortable) but was told they don't give refunds so we were downgraded to a room with a double bed, which was not any better in this room it smelt like mould, the furniture was old and carpet and curtains torn and faded, one of the curtains was not the size to fit the window, but luckily we had the tree branch from the neighbours tree to block out anyone from looking in. The tv didn't work no remote for the tv , in the room there was at least 6 lights but we could only get 1 working. Next the neighbours behind the motel decided to have a party with their music up loud until 2.00am in the morning, and the people in the room next to us well what can I say they were at it until 4.30am with the bedhead hitting against the wall constantly.
We could of packed up and stayed in the car but thought we would say something in the morning.
when we went to check out, we complained to the guy at the desk about the disgusting room and down grading of our room we were told that all rooms were one price, when we pre-booked our room there was 30.00 difference between the deluxe room and standard room . So now I think a phone call to fair trading, health inspection and hoteliers association may be in order.
I have been reading the reviews on this motel now and wished I had now done this before our booking was made and paid the extra money for a much cleaner and modern motel.
Also I forgot to mention that after our night of laying on the bed and listening to neighbours partying, people in adjoining rooms going at it all night long we both fill as if we have lice all over our body and the respiratory problems are about to happen.....

So please take this advise and the reviews of others and DO NOT STAY AT THIS MOTEL, it should be shut down and refurbished before being re-opened......

Room Tip: My advice for a good room is find another motel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank weekend-traveller13
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I would like to offer some feed back on our ongoing stay at the Blakehurst Motor Inn 513 Princes Hwy. We have been staying here for the last 5 nights and in that time the bed has not been made we received clean towels 2 nights out of the 5 the rubbish bin was emptied 1 night. There has been no cleaning of the room, dirty cups have not been washed and no detergent to be able to wash them ourselves, the bathroom window does not lock and has no security screens the front door does not close easily and has only a chain as security. The air conditioner barely works and is extremely noisy. The mattress has collapsed on one side there are numerous electrical faults, power points permanently on, other one falling off the mounts. The toilet leaks.

Last night (11Jul13) we made representations to the duty staff and apart from them giving us towels then nothing has been done. When approaching the reception tonight we were verbally abused and told to leave several times because we took the bags of 3 days worth of rubbish down and asked again for clean towels and the room cleaned. Finally after being repetitively yelled at for bring our rubbish to reception we received clean towels and returning to our room and realised the supplied cups were dirty and had never been cleaned and upon requesting clean ones were questioned which was our vehicle in a manner that suggested that we are at risk of retribution.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bruce H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blakehurst
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
#1 of 1 in Brighton le Sands
Quality Hotel CKS Sydney Airport
Travelodge Hotel Bankstown Sydney
Meriton Suites Mascot Central
Ibis Budget Hotel Sydney Airport
Mercure Sydney International Airport

Been to Blakehurst Motor Inn? Share your experiences!