“Just average”

Cuisines: Italian
Description: 302-449-0097
Description: 302-449-0097
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were sat right away and we ordered a side of meatballs for an app and the sauce was super salty and the meatballs were big but really tough to cut, tasted "different" and previously frozen. My hubby doesn't mind frozen mbs but I won't eat them. We got the caesar salad which had the oily citrus dressing from a bottle. I prefer the creamy kind but it wasn't bad. Hubby ordered the chicken parm with a side of fettuccine alfredo and they put alfredo sauce allover his chicken so we had to send it back. They fixed it & he said it was good. I tried the alfredo and the noodles tasted home made and the sauce was delicious. I would order that again for sure, I got the eggplant parm and it was enough for 2 meals and tasted good. However, the red sauce was still a little salty for me. The service was very good but when we told her the meatballs were hard & "different" tasting she smiled and said I know, aren't they good. We looked at each other like, "that was weird", If we get a craving for fettuccine alfredo we will go there again. The prices were average $$, The other thing that was bothersome were the flies. When we were the only table in there we had 4 flies that wouldn't leave us alone. As more tables came in they had other people to bother so only one hung around but still a pain having to wave a fly off your food. Maybe it's fly season, who knows,

If you thought this review was helpful, please click the "yes" button below. Thanks for reading.

2  Thank ILuvVacationing

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had 2 Granmom veggie pizza slices, fried calamari and a Capreese Salad. All was very good. the Capreese salad was lacking some basil. Ample FULL glasses of wine.
Total $42.00. Some of the best flavored pizza I have had since leaving NJ.
All the staff was pleasant and talkative.

1  Thank W_H_Kichline_Jr
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The pizza is really good here, as is the Italian food. I am always pleased with my food, however the service is usually slow. If you want to eat-in, expect to wait... but take it would be fine. Definitely great Italian food, but needs to be faster and friendlier to get 5 stars!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Love love love the pizza here - Hand tossed, thin and crispy crust with some chew too - all main dishes (pastas, strombolis, garlic bread cheesesteaks, veal and eggplants) are fantastic...their antipasto salad is also great...Wonderful place to eat good food!!!

2  Thank TerriCF
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We moved to Delaware 11 years ago and having lived in Wildwood and Philadelphia for many years we were used to great food especially great pizza. We had tried most of the surrounding pizzerias and were extremely disappointed in the fact there was little or no hand tossed pizzas not only in Middletown , but Delaware. We discovered Caruso’s which was only a few miles from us around 6 or 7 years ago and were very happy to have found it. I wish I had found it sooner, the pizza is excellent, thin crispy and chew crust with the right amount of toppings. Prices are fair and service is always efficient and friendly. We’ve tried some dishes which were all good, but we mainly go there when in the mood for pizza. I will go anywhere else for pizza in Delaware. The restaurant is on the small side and a little loud because it is popular, but it is my number on for a great pizza in this state.

2  Thank Carbs88