All reviewsfront deskhotel stayroom was cleanvery nice staynice hotelcleaning staffcookiesgreat place to stayeasy accessinnsweddingrates
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Worst hotel I ever stayed in! Party goers roaming the halls all night loud noise & music. Rooms are Ok but lack any sound proofing which adds to the sleepless nights. Lack of staff to fully address problem when contacted to finally needing local law enforcement to come and quite the unruley guests that were taking over the entire floor.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptonmiddletown, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Thank you so much for staying with the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. I am so sorry for the disturbance you experienced during your stay. Please call me directly so we can further discuss this matter. We want all of our guests to be 100% satisfied with their stay. It seems we had a wedding and a few of the guests coming back afterwards continued the celebration! I'm looking forward to speaking with you. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn - General Manager 302.378.5656

Reviewed 25 August 2013

This hotel has some of the best employees who show respect and helpfulness to handicapped guests. Hotel, including parking, was very handicap accessible. Staff was efficient, helpful and knowledgeable; especially helpful with knowledge of the area - restaurants, local area history and directions.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your kinds words about our staff. We're so pleased that you were so happy with our hotel staff and accommodations. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us next time you're in town. Linda Dunn - General Manager Hampton Inn Middletown DE

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Poor water pressure in shower and no exhaust fan in bathroom. I have stayed at Hampton Inns in the past and never had a problem in this area. Poor water pressure an no exhaust fan are things you might expect from a lessor establishment but not one of Hampton Inn's quality. Overall the stay was pleasant. The hotel was clean and the employees were very polite and helpful. The free breakfast was very good and so too was the gym facility.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptonmiddletown, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate you bringing matters to our attention so that we can improve on them in the future. We are pleased you enjoyed the free hot breakfast as well as the Jump Start Fitness Center. We look forward to accomodating your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn for three nights (just checked out yesterday) and unpleasantly found that there were bed bugs in the room. How do I know? I found multiple marks on my body when I got home last night. When I called the hotel this morning I was greeted by a less-than-concerned employee, because she just said to me "thanks, I'll let the manager know and have the exterminator come in." No apologies, no inquiring into my situation, nothing. The saddest part is that it's the only hotel in the area so we had no other choice but to stay there. On the bright side, I will not be traveling to that part of Delaware anytime soon! Stay away from the Hampton Inn!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
hamptonmiddletown, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We are terribly sorry about your experience during your stay. We have immediately addressed this situation and hired a professional to correct this issue. In regards to the trouble it has caused you we would like to discuss this with you further and reach out to you. We truly apologize for the lack of concern our staff member had and we will make improvements on the service we provide to our guests. We want the opportunity to remedy your experience so we will be reaching out to you today. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated and we again apologize for any inconvenience it may caused you.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

A very pleasant stay. The entire hotel was clean and bright. The bedding is white and is clean as a whistle. The breakfast room is large and accommodates guests without feeling crowded. Breakfast includes omelets, waffles, english muffins, bagels, bacon, oatmeal, fruit - anything you could want. (One little complaint - guys, you shouldn't be able to see through bacon. How about spending a few more bucks and getting some good stuff?) The staff was very helpful and pleasant. For whatever reason when we left the elevators either weren't working or were very, very slow. A staff member came up to the third floor to help us get our luggage downstairs. Only one little glitch was a humming noise that was on and off all night. I finally figured out it must have been the air conditioning but it was irritating.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience in regards to the extreme cleanliness of the hotel. We strive to maintain an exceptionally clean hotel. Thank you for taking the time to bring the matters of the bacon, elevator as well as the noise, to our attention. We have looked into all of your items. The elevators have been fixed and we have made note about the bacon to Hilton Corporation so that they can continue to work on providing our guests with breakfasts that they love. Our free hot breakfast is a Hampton Standard breakfast. We are glad overall your stay was a pleasant one and we look forward to accomodating your lodging needs in the future.