“Horrible”

Hampton Inn Middletown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Middletown
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Horrible staff undergoing renovations every day I get back to the hotel room from working there is no hot water. Told the front desk she can't move my room and has no clue when it will be fixed and doesn't even care.

• Stayed: February 2014
hamptonmiddletown, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry about the hot water. We did figure the problem and had it corrected the next morning. It took a bit of time to track down the problem and get the repair in place. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Generally speaking we had a very good stay. Minor problems encountered. The worst was that my room had a very noisy bed. Hopefully, that'll get fixed. The breakfast selection was diverse and the food was good. The breakfast area was well kept and clean. Overall, it was a good value.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle H

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. I'm so sorry about the bed. We will have maintenance look into this immediately. We look forward to you visiting soon. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Unbelievable service is all I can say! The night of my stay, Middletown was paralyzed by a very large snow storm of at least 8" of snow. The next morning after the snow stopped falling, the hotel staff was out cleaning off and shoveling out every guest car. As a Diamond member, you can appreciate how much I travel. I've never witnessed such dedication to customer service at any hotel like I saw at this Hampton Inn. A big shout out to the management and staff!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate all 5 stars! Thanks for the shout out! The staff was thrilled to read your comments. We look forward to you visiting soon. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel when we are in the area. We have always enjoyed every aspect . Staff is efficient and friendly and rooms are perfectly clean . Breakfast is plentiful and coffee is great. One of our favorite hotels .

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate all 5 stars! We look forward to you visiting soon. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Lobby/Elevators being redone. This is an average hotel where there are few options. maybe it will improve. Nothing to write home about. Staff is friendly Nothing more to say. the software requires 200 characters ...GROW UP AND GET A LIFE.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. Hope you can visit us soon. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I was on my way to gamble in Atlantic City from NC, trying hard to beat a blizzard. Well I didn't beat the blizzard at all. I made it as far as I could before I just couldn't see the road or keep my car from going sideways! I saw a billboard for this Hampton Inn off the next exit. I slid down the exit, then slid all over town looking for the hotel. There definitely needs to be a sign at the bottom of the exit since the hotel is a couple miles away. I finally found it and slid into the parking lot. I don't know how you folks up north deal with snow and ice!

I asked for a smoking room and was thrilled to lean that they actually have smoking rooms! I check in and the room was clean with a comfortable bed as is expected from a Hampton Inn. The heater wasn't working that great but after about 30 minutes it was starting to get comfortable. To be fair, it was in a blizzard so I was very cold to begin with.

The front desk worker, Sunshine was very friendly.

There are renovations going on but this wasn't a problem. The breakfast area was moved to a conference room but was well appointed. The warm breakfast selections were: hash brown potatoes, sausage patties, scrambled eggs and oatmeal. The cold stuff was the typical muffins, bagels, fruit, pastries, cereal, etc.

I was happy. Generally when I'm desperate for a room late at night, I get some cheap dump on the side of the highway!

Also, the residents and fire department in Middletown have my appreciation for plowing their roads quickly. They were plowing the small roads before the state was plowing the big roads!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. I'm so happy to hear you found our Inn and escaped the blizzard. Our staff works hard during the storms to help clean off guest cars so it's less stressful for our guests in the morning. We're so happy you appreciated all our hard work! Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel is located in the area of new homes, mostly Senior, but nice. There are quite a few places to eat, as well as shopping at Home depot, Lowes, and even a Waffle House, if you're interested. For the survey, demanding 200 characters makes you almost not want to complete it at all. People of few words may not like it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David C

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience with others on Trip Advisor. And I appreciate all of your comments even if it's short and sweet and less than 200 characters! Hope you can visit us soon. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Candlewood Suites Newark South
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#2 of 2 in Chestertown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton

Been to Hampton Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!