“Hampton Middletown”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Middletown
Hartford, United States
“Hampton Middletown”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is a bargain base hotel with a high price tag. No regard for a group securing multiple rooms for multiple night. Very small staff. Sometimes no one on the desk at all. Very poor service. Desk staff had very poor attitudes and no regard for customer service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Mark T
hamptonmiddletown, General Manager at Hampton Inn Middletown, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! We truly appreciate your business. I'm sorry you felt so negatively about your stay. I was the one you talked to on the phone and dropped your room rate substantially and I feel that I do have a high regard for group multiple rooms and nights.

Our "bargain based" hotel offers a complimentary hot breakfast each morning, complimentary high speed internet, complimentary fitness center, indoor pool and spa - All complimentary. I know other 'fancier' hotels might have more restaurants or a day spa and a bar, but they are all services that cost you extra money.

I agree with your comment that "sometimes no one on the desk at all". My entire staff informed me they had to leave the desk many times for noise disturbances. With several rooms of 'minors' for the little league baseball tournament, we would have preferred more adult supervision from your group. We had several noise complaints about your group.

Your group broke our bed frame from jumping from the desk to the bed. Please ask your team to view the video they took on their cell phone. They showed video to our staff.

We value our guests' satisfaction and I have addressed these comments with my staff.

Based on your comments about your stay I feel that maybe your group and our hotel isn't a good fit. We accommodated your group the best that we could. I'm sorry you felt our hotel couldn't accommodate all of your special needs.

Warm Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Onley, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We picked this hotel because it was in between our shopping destinations. Middletown is a nice little place to ride through with what seemed a wide variety of little shops. The Hampton Inn was clean and comfortable and had a pool. Breakfast was terrific.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business and I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed our stay. Thanks again. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Room was clean, bathroom and shower were spotless. I really liked the non-tub shower. Made me feel like I was at home. Breakfast was superb and staff was very helpful. Elevator was a little old school but I mostly took the steps. Very quiet and comfy. Would def stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor! The staff will love all your awesome comments. They work so hard to ensure our guests have a great stay. I'm so happy to hear about the clean room and bathroom and superb breakfast. Thanks so much! Warm Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager
Philadelphia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We booked a night at this hotel while driving north through the Delmarva Peninsula. We called Hotels.com around 10 PM and arrived at the hotel around 11:00 PM. When we arrived the front desk personnel was extremely apologetic as there were no rooms available. She (Megan) informed me that I was the fourth person that either Hotels.com or Expedia had booked into the hotel that evening although they had no rooms available. She also informed me that Hotels and Expedia had been notified previously of this problem more than once! Megan informed me that she would try to find me a room close by, but that anything close/south would be fully booked due to special events in the Dover, Delaware area. After repeated calls to Hotels.com (they hung up on me twice), Megan and Mike @ the Hampton Middletown obtained me a room at the Hampton in Christiana. They went above and beyond in my eyes. At the same time, Megan was again trying to speak with someone in authority at Hotels.com, but to no avail. If ever in the area again, I will definitely book at this hotel. The lobby, being a reflection of the rest of the facility, was immaculate and well-designed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dcd0127
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE although I am so sorry you didn't have the chance to actually stay! I'm so sorry the 3rd party booking didn't go through as planned but am thrilled that Meaghann was able to assist you. We appreciate your understanding and for taking the time to fill out a Trip Advisor review. Your comments are amazing and I'm so proud you took the time to share your experience. Please call us directly next time you're in town. We'd love to have you as our guest. Warmest Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager
NJ
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stay at this hotel twice a year for business (10 days total) and have never been disappointed. There really isn't much else out this way so the fact that it is located near a couple of restaurants and stores really helps. The rooms are always clean and the staff are very friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We truly appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! Thanks Again! Warm Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great Staff, Comfortable rooms, Wonderful breakfast. Perfect location.
From someone who travels most of the year, this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in a long time. Will be back for many more business trips in the near future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Freeport, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed over the weekend which happened to be a busy weekend for the town, and I have nothing but outstanding comments to say about this Hampton Inn. The front desk staff was wonderful checking in was so easy nice to see such a positive attitude. Checking out Carrie was so helpful and answered all my questions. Outstanding breakfast several options everything was delicious. Housekeeping staff were truly delightful, and so helpful, especially Shawn. Rooms were very clean, and super comfy beds. I definitely will be back to visit and recommend this hotel to everyone.

-Casey, TX

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for staying with the Hampton Inn of Middletown DE. We truly appreciate your business and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor! I know the staff will be thrilled to hear your comments. Thanks Again! Warm Regards, Linda Dunn General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middletown
Best Western Plus Newark/Christiana Inn
Best Western Smyrna Inn
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#2 of 8 in Elkton
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Dover Downs Hotel & Casino

Been to Hampton Inn Middletown? Share your experiences!