“AMAZING. hollylake is wonderful.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millsboro
Holly Lake Campsites
Reviewed 23 May 2011

Iv been going to hollylake for 16 years. Iv been there every summer of my life. The staff is wonderful. Even the trash men are friendly. You can have great conversations with the store workers. And the life gaurds are amazing. There are so many activites for kids to do and adults can join in. There's usually a D J everyweekend mainly at the pool. The pool is kept CLEAN. yes maybe the bathhouses aren't the best shape cleanness but your in the woods and not in a resort. They do they best the can to keep it clean and help you with whatever problem you have. It's a true campground. You can have so much fun just being down there at self. The other campers are friendly. We do get occasional weekenders who think they can just tear up the place which is not acceptable. People that have permanent lots (like me) get along with everyone else who have permanent lots. And we do stray away from weekenders alittle. It's a great place over all. You can have so much run there and never get bored. Very relaxing just sitting in your lot next to the fire place. And Kenny the big boss man, he's wonderful. I recommend it to anyone and everyone ! :)

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Larsonfresh

Reviewed 15 April 2011

This past summer was my first of many seasons I plan to spend at holly lakes campground. I spent most of the summer there and enjoyed every minute of it. The pool was great and kept the kids entertained. I have a large corner lot next to a bath house and it is large enough for my 40' trailer, 18ft. boat and two cars. You can't say that for any other campgrounds in the area and trust me I looked at everyone of them. Yes there are leaves and sticks and trees around.... Your in the woods for god's sake and you are camping! I saw alot of improvements being made throughout the summer and we recently opened our camper for the season and saw many more improvements. Price is right, location is great. very Quiet for most of the summer. Staff has been very kind and helpful and have helped us in any way they could. Camp store have the best breakfast going! Bathhouses do get dirty and a bit smelly but that happens given the location in the woods. Personally I use my campers bathroom. Electricity is able to handle my camper with refrig and electric and t.v just fine. As far as the people that complain that there is not cable hookup, we bought a small digital flatscreen and that pulls in about 10 stations..... that we hardly watched because we we busy at the beach and fishing and sitting around the campfire, you know CAMPING!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank campinggirl57
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Staff did not know we were coming and put us in someone elses site.
Charged us $60 for 50 amp site. We only need 30 amp site for $53. They would not refund the difference.
Roads are all dirt, or mud, depending on the weather, with potholes. Rough ride. Trees are too close. No clean up of old leaves or trimming of trees.
Bath house locked.
No water, but, of course, it was a couple of weeks before it could be turned on for the season.
Main building appears to be ready to fall down.
Difficult to maneuver camper in main parking lot.
Very spooky place. Will not stay here EVER!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank susanrn96
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Holly Lake is a nice family oriented place to camp. It's not up scale and if what your looking for is to go and do some actual camping holly lake is the place for you. I went with my family and children and the kids had so much fun with the kids games that the campground has on the weekends and they loved swimming in the pool. The entire staff was pleasant and were always ready to help if we needed it. Althought the roads could have been a little better and smoothed out some more. But as I said before if your going camping your not going to want a five star hotel. I would recommend holly lake campsites to anyone who is looking for a nice place to go for a family vacation!
Also the campsite is connected with Nassau Valley Vineyards which have wonderful wine! They were the first vineyard in Delaware and have received many awards!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Badjake
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My family stayed at Holly Lake Campground during our recent trip to the beach. Hotels very expensive and a cabin at Holly Lake turned out to be a fabulous alternative. I was very skeptical about what the conditions might be after reading other reviews on this site but we were more than pleasantly surprised. We rented a 4 person cabin which was very clean and perfectly suited for me, my husband and our two young children. The refrigerator, microwave and air conditioner were a definate plus. The bathhouses were not the "greatest" but they were mostly clean and had hot water-suitable enough to wash up after a day on the beach. The pool was very nice and the staff was very friendly. We will definately book another trip to Holly Lake Campground next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Worst condition of any place I have ever camped. Probably will cost me $1500 to $2000 to repair my motor home due to the overhanging branches and limbs all everywhere. I would never take a motorhome of any substantial size into this place ever again! the management could care less if you are having problems. They do not care! Bathrooms were disgusting and not air conditioned. Sewer backed upa dn I barely was able to dump. It took me 1 hour to dump my sewer and grey water. These people obvioulsy do not care what the place looks like or whether things operate or not. This by far was the worst experience I have ever had at a campground. Do not stay there. No security either.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hhughesjr
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We stay at holly Lake often and now have a permanent site there. Our site is HUGE, if you have been to other campsites in the area you are stacked on top of each other, literally. You get the best of both worlds at Holly lake! You are within 15 minutes drive from Rehoboth Beach (that's only because of traffic on route 24) and still secluded in the trees at the campground. For people that have complained about dirt~you are camping, in the trees, and the forest land, there is dirt and leaves :)

The campground has tons of activities for the kids, a petting zoo, games, hayrides, bingo for adults, a pool, DJ's and more, all for NO charge. They have people at the gates so not just anyone can drive into the campground. The cabins are too cute!! If you looked into hotels lately, it's well worth considering having a permanent site, a week stay in a hotel can come close or surpass the cost of a yearly fee for Holly lake, for UNLIMITED use!
OH and if you have a laptop, you can sit in the office parking lot/restaraunt and use your internet too.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Been to Holly Lake Campsites? Share your experiences!