“...outstanding cabin camping experience!...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Millsboro
Holly Lake Camp Sites
Topton, Pennsylvania
“...outstanding cabin camping experience!...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

...our group stayed in two cabins, a 6-person and 4-person side-by-side during the week of July 22, 2012...I have never experienced such an outstanding level of customer service at any other camping facility anywhere in 25+ years...unfailingly courteous, every employee of Holly Lake Campsites greeted us with a smile and a warm hello...any issues that developed were quickly resolved...bathrooms were cleaned regularly, trash pickup kept everything tidy, and the pool is beautiful…I watched the cleaning ladies scrub everything inside and outside of the cabins in preparation for the next guests...the scenic walk/drive along the duck pond is perfect for a morning walk...I appreciate all of the effort and special touches that make this a great stay...we look forward to returning again in 2013, keep up the great work, and give my best to Charley!...well done, well done...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Carol D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Middletown, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

This is the worst campground I have ever stayed at. The first thing we made reservations ahead of time the people and especially this guy Kenny I think he runs the place were so ignorant if I was the owner I would send him packing if they knew what was good for them. As we drove in to the camp ground we thought we were going to lose our trailer with the pot holes in this place, you almost need a monster truck to drive through the park. If you want your trailer to last do not take it through this campground. The lot smelled like sewer all the time. We complained and nothing was done at all.
While we were setting our trailer up that guy Kenny kept riding buy staring at us and he made us feel uncomfortable. For the name hollylake it should be called hollyswamp.if I were you do not ever camp at this camp ground if you know what is good for you.

Room Tip: This is not a family camp ground it is a swamp with ignorant service and camp ground is the worst I...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Amy M

Travellers are raving about these Millsboro hotels

Birdsboro, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2011

Our family has gone to this campground twice. Unfortunately the Rehoboth area only has a few campgrounds to choose from. This campground is huge. The positive about this is that you can always get a site in the middle of summer, holiday's, weekends without planning ahead. You can make a reservation for Memorial Day weekend the day before and get in. We stayed in the rear section of the campground which hardly feels like a campground because it is so isolated from everything. The Pros: Big campsites, rear area is never crowded, if you don't like the site you get you call the office on your cell and they'll give you 20 more choices, the pool is suprisingly nice, the sites are shaded, you can get a site on a moments notice, the staff is friendly. The cons: The roads are bumpy and rutted big time, leaves everywhere, bathhouses are primitive and kinda trashy, sewer never drains correctly and is exposed on the ground in many places, the pool and store are way too far away, expensive for what you get, not very close to the beach (Big Oaks is blocks away), the permanent sites are dilapadated pieces of crap. No one enforces any rules (this could be good or bad depending on how you look at it).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Dave G
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

The campground itself and the facilities were fine but the campsites themselves are very small and you feel as though you are on top of your neighbor. Also it is very loud. I am actually someone who likes to stay up late at a campsite regardless of quiet hours and this was intense for even me. People literally stay up all night and have disregard of their neighbor, who are literally 10 feet away. I mean the campground does have location going for it. You have great access to Rehoboth Beach for a fraction of what you pay at a hotel and you get the camping experience. I might come back here again, but next time I would try and get a campsite that wasn't so close to everyone else.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

This is our 3rd season at Holly Lake. My family has been going to the area beaches for 21 years now, so I've seen it all. I've scoped out every campground in the area all the way to Bethany. We pay a season what it would cost to rent a house or hotel for a week or so, no kidding. Our site is absolutely HUGE!! Big Oaks is also close, but the prices are higher and the lots are on top of each other. Our trash is picked up every morning which is great when you have a family of 6. They have security in place so nobody can just come in nosing around-and our 10 year old son LOVES the activities they have every weekend for the kids, when he's finished he'll go to the guard shack and sit with the security person until we pick him up since we're a mile back in the campground. They are wonderful to him, always happy to let him use their cell phone to call us. The hayrides are so much fun for the kids-just remember a blanket if you're wearing shorts. The pool is open from 10am until 10 pm (they close only ONE hour all day, from 5-6pm I believe.) The staff are amazing, always more than willing to talk, and will help in any way they can. Last summer I was camping with my sons and we lost the bolt to our awning, in a downpour one of the staff went to find another bolt and delivered it to me!!

Yes, there is dirt and sand, leaves, sticks and mosquitoes too-you're camping, in the woods, but still at the beach! Yes, there are spiders and snakes-you're in the woods, remember, camping!?! For those that complain about the potholes on the roads-everytime it rains they wash out-and those holes ensure that everyone is driving slow to keep our children safe while they play!

It's the best of both worlds, nothing better than sitting around the campfire roasting marshmallows, and then loading up to drive to the beach within15- 20 minutes (if you go at the right times, which you learn quickly when you're there alot-traffic on 24 can make the trip longer at times.) OH, one more thing-the pool parties are a ton of fun for the entire family! We're looking forward to building many, many more memories at Holly Lake!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Tanya72
Elkview, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

I have always camped at Holly Lake Campsites. It is a wonderfu place, especially to bring a family. But as the years progressed I began to see the park decline, in the sense of just the overall up keep of the park. This was very dissapointing to say the least because I did not want to give up on this place. So when I made my reservations for this year I was little cautious.
But I must say that Holly Lake Campsite has never looked better. The flowers infront of the office/store look amazing. The Bathouses have never been cleaner. They even had the pool open on Memorial Day weekend which is a first in forever! Holly Lake is an amazing place to stay. The staff is very friendly and are always willing to help. I wouldn't camp at another place, because no matter what, nothing can match the atmosphere of this place and the many accomadations they have.
The staff I feel is what really brings this place to life. Each and everyone of them, from the bathouse cleaners to Kenny himself are just amazing. All of them are right there if you need help. Holly Lake has really improved in the past year and its better than ever! Anyone and Everyone should camp at Holly Lake Campsites!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank formanqt
York, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2011

We had low expectations of this campground after reading the reviews and were pleasantly surprised. I have been camping for 40 years staying in State/national parks to private campgrounds and this rates not the worst nor the best in the private campground experience. Very shaded sites with lots of trees making it comfortable to sit outside in the afternoon although creating a challenge to manuver a rig longer then our 21 ft around some of the turns. Bring bug spray for the late afternoon/evening. Swimming pool very nice and clean and the eight year old enjoyed the pool party. Bathrooms adequate although few seasonals around so we had them pretty much to ourselves. Seasonal campers were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank lsabYork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millsboro
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
The Resort at Massey's Landing

Been to Holly Lake Camp Sites? Share your experiences!