“Maybe it Was an "Off" Night?!”
Review of Broadkill Boathouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: American
Description: Formerly the Iguana Grill
Description: Formerly the Iguana Grill
Aiea, Hawaii
“Maybe it Was an "Off" Night?!”
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I tried this place with my dinner group. For most of us, it was our first time dining here. I don't know if it was an off night for them or what, but our service was very poor. We were a group of about 10. The waitress took our drink order...then disappeared. Then she took half of the table's dinner order, and disappeared again. I was one of the first of my party to arrive, but sat in the middle of the table they arranged for us to socialize. They took my order last. 1.5hrs into the visit I received my food. I ordered the salmon...it was pretty good. Not the best, but not the worst. Although I was starving by then, so anything would have seemed awesome at that point. A member of our group called ahead to confirm that it was ok to do separate checks, however when it came time to ask for the bill, the waitress threw a mini-tantrum. They still received the gratuity, so I'm not sure what the issue was. They were not busy either...at all. Which is why I couldn't understand why everything took so long. I'm still waiting for the waitress to come back and let me know if they are out of Strongbow. I'm pretty laid back, but the service this night was bad. The entertainment on the patio was nice. Once it stopped raining we all finished the evening out there over a few more drinks (that we had to go inside to the bar and get ourselves if we didn't want to wait). The view is really nice as it looks over the water. There is plenty of parking and I'm sure on a good night, this place can be lots of fun.

• Visited August 2011

West Virginia
“Great Place, A must visit in the area"”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We were plesantly surprised when we stoped into the Boatkill Boathouse for the first time. The entire place and staff was warm and welcoming. The manager, "Ray" was the first to greet us and showed us the utmost respect. The entire setting on the deck was amazing. The food was great and didnt take nearly as long as ppl has said.(plus who goes to a place like this to have fast food)
Overall one of the best place we ate this summer from OBX to NYC

• Visited July 2011
“Excellent food, service, and view!”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We dropped by Broadkill Bouthouse for dinner last week with friends of ours and were warmly greeted by the bartenders on our way in to inquire about seating. We were told to seat ourselves and chose to sit on the deck. It was a beautiful summer evening and we had a fantastic view of the pond in front of he restaurant.
Our server arrive soon after we were seated and took our drink order and was very polite and engaging. Our drinks arrived quickly and were delicious (try the strawberry mojitos!).
Each of us ordered different entrees and we were all pleased with the food. The Cuban sandwich I ordered was delicious and the sweet potato fries were outstanding.
This is a place Milton has needed for some time and with food and service like this we will surely return again and again!

“The next generation of success in terms of taking over the "old Norma's" and making it Milton's "new" best restaurant!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

To those of you who have yet to try The Broadkill Boathouse, this is the place to be!! The atmosphere is not just about the exterior of the outside deck over looking the water, or the new renovations done to the inside, but the AMAZING staff which pulls everything together. From the bar, to the dining room table all you see is a smile and that is extremely welcoming!!! Each staff member makes you feel as if you are the only one in the room and there team service allows there customers to know each and every one of their staff and it shows they all care!!! Milton needed a place like this, and that's what I hear numerous times from friends, family and perfect strangers. In addition to the outstanding food (in fact with every bite you can tell everything is made fresh), their happy hour is available to get ANYWHERE throughout the restaurant...how many places can you get that!!! Each experience I have there just amazes me-pretty close to perfection! With that being said, reading over the previous review has me completely stunned. Unfortunately what people fail to understand is that if you want good quality food, every minute is worth the wait. If you want fast quick frozen food....go to McDonalds! I'm completely shocked to hear such negativity, so to those whom have yet to come, try it out for yourself and make your OWN OPINION!

Milton, Delaware
“Great food and Great people!”
Reviewed 26 June 2011

The staff at Broadkill Boathouse is extremely friendly and nice! The food was great!!!! It was a nice experience... great view of the pond with the outside seating. Stayed for drinks and the bar life was fun!!!!

Visited June 2011