“The BEST home town pizza/italian meal!!!”
Review of Good Fellas

Good Fellas
Ranked #20 of 32 Restaurants in Milton
Cuisines: Italian
Lewes, Delaware
“The BEST home town pizza/italian meal!!!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am a born and raised New York Gal. I have been living here in Southern Delaware for almost 12 years now, and before that I was a "tourist" who brought my kids to the beach for a week every summer. My one complaint about this place was that pizza and italian food did not exist. There was what they "called" pizza but come on--tube sprayed sauce onto frozen crust and that stuff they call cheese--NOT!
I happened to stumble upon Goodfellas one day and have been a loyal customer ever since. The resturant in Milton over looks a lovely pond and has outdoor tables with umbrellas that sit on a wonderful peaceful deck. It is off the beat so you can park easily in their lot and enjoy the scenery. So, this is not enough? Inside, you find a combination family style/bar resturant. The clients range form tourists, locals, and bar people. From the far wall, a huge portrait of a young Italian woman watches over all that happens there (It just so happens to be, Ralph, the owner's mother). What could be more authentic. I have been to every pizza joint from here to Wilmington..finally, I found outstanding--good every time--New York Style Pizza. The owner, Ralph and his best chef, Mike, will make it any way you want. Every time they make a pizza you can tell that the goal is to please their customers. Besides this, the salads--the best--you can't finish them they are so big--my favorite is the house salad, my husband likes the antipasta salad.
So, the pizza and salad have my vote, but, if you want pasta or lasagna--THE ABSOLUTE BEST. This is the only place where the pasta is cooked fresh and they actually know what aldente means. Now getting to the most amazing thing I have ever had--the calzone. Like nothing you have ever seen. Not the traditional half circle dough stuffed with wonderment--this one is in the shape of a huge horseshoe--its big enough for a family of 4--every time I order this, Mike makes it just the way I want it--"What ever you want" he says and he delivers. So maybe you have to wait a little longer sometimes but there is nowhere else anywhere close where you can go for italian food or pizza and get it just the way you want it and always good. Ralph and his wife, and Bobby, and Mike are always happy and eager to please their customers.
THANK YOU GOODFELLAS!! YOUR ARE MY NUMBER ONE!!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank jeanne l

Milton, Delaware
“Best pizza in town”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I really enjoy Goodfella's. Coming from Long Island and New Jersey there are too many places around that make a good pizza. But Goodfella's does and does it well. Their sauce is delicious and we have never had a bad pizza. Another must is their antipasta...very, very good. It's not the fanciest place but its comfortable. Definitely a place to try out...

• Visited February 2014
“Ridiculously slow with take outs and business was slow”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I ordered 3 subs and 1 order of fries at 615pm. We arrived to pick up the order at 635. At 6:55, we finally got our take out order and they forgot the fries. There were only 2 tables occupied in the whole restaurant and 4 people at the bar. There is no reason it should take that long for a take out order! Very disappointing. I hate to see what would have happened if they were actually busy! We will not be returning! My suggestion to them would be if they continue running business this way, they wont be open for too long

• Visited December 2013
“Nice stop after visiting the brewery”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I made a lunch stop here after visiting the Dogfish Head Brewery. We found the place inviting, as it was located just off one of the ponds. It has outdoor seating, which would have been nice last month. We sat at the bar, and ordered Caesar Salad and wings to share. We were not disappointed. We washed it down with a pair of cold Peroni's, and was very happy with our meal.

• Visited October 2013
Milton, Delaware
“Has anyone called the health department yet?”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I went to Good Fellas last night with a group of friends. I liked the restaurant that was at this location before and wanted to give Good Fellas a try. I love Italian food. I will NEVER return. The atmosphere was not warm or pleasant at all. There were flies, one man came through yelling, another walking around drunk. We were the only ones there for most of the time, no surprise. A friend got a salad, the blue cheese dressing they gave her had ketchup in it, obviously had already been used. Another friend had a diet coke, I noticed something white smeared on the inside of the glass. On my glass the rim was dirty. The Italian food was good but gave me a sick stomach and I still question what ingredients I may have eaten that wouldn't be listed. It was just gross, I'm still creeped out today. If you read rave reviews of this place it has to be an employee. For the record, I'm not one of those people that always complains or is super picky. I called the grocery store just the other day to tell them how great the cashier was.

• Visited August 2013