“business trip”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Senai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“business trip”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Stayed two nights at the resort. It's easy to locate as it is just 5 minutes to Senai airport. The room that I stayed was clean and spacious. All amenities are available and I like the fresh smell of its linen. My room at the ground level has an outdoor jacuzzi but never get to used it as the weather does not permit due to the haze situation. Breakfast spread is reasonable but not outstanding. Tried the steak at the Grill and it was quite good. However I had to ask the Chef to re-grill it to my liking as the medium well was almost like medium to me.Some of my Dislikes: need to go to the airport restaurants if you are fed up of the hotel food as there is no restaurants closed to the hotel. Also the hotel could improve on its hot water system as mine was not that hot. If you take the flights - it's most convenient hotel.need to renovate the rooms..design look very old..The Leisure center is the best with the bowling,pool,squash and etc with the big Olympic size pools and the new fitness center which is just fantastic.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 July 2013

What can I say, this is my second home considering that I keep coming to this beautiful,peaceful place again and again. (Its like a 5/6 times a year because it is just about 45 minutes drive away from Tuas Checkpoint)

Exceptional service. with a world class experience ,can't wait to return to this blissful retreat. My family and myself always look forward for this short gateway each time as we all know that we will come back feeling fresh , revitalized and very happy.

Excellent five star Hotel with a beautiful architecture and great FIVE STAR STAFF service. Decoration is very charming, especially the lobby. Breakfast is good with but could have been better. We feel treated as a VIP in every moment.

We normally book the Suite which is our favorite as we come in big groups and everybody would gather in our suite .

A very big thank you ,Bryan,Sky,Shasha,Dilla,Awyn,Izan and Mohd Azuan, till we meet again next month .

Cheers
Asha RK

Room Tip: Suite, as it is spacious and it is on the 4th level which is quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank asha02rk
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 June 2013 via mobile

Airy open lobby with warm welcoming staff. The rooms are spacious with comfortable large king bed. However a tad tired looking and in need of renovation. The hot water is intermittent - cold at nights ( when there is high usage!) and warm in the early mornings. The hair dryer tubing disconnected while I was drying my hair.
Olympic sized pool and well manicured golf course show their commitment to recreation. The food is super - great selection at breakfast with Malaysian delights like Nasi lemak, putu mayam and roti jala.

• Stayed June 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed two nights at the resort. It's easy to locate as it is just 5 minutes to Senai airport. The room that I stayed was clean and spacious. All amenities are available and I like the fresh smell of its linen. My room at the ground level has an outdoor jacuzzi but never get to used it as the weather does not permit due to the haze situation. Breakfast spread is reasonable but not outstanding. Tried the steak at the Grill and it was quite good. However I had to ask the Chef to re-grill it to my liking as the medium well was almost like medium to me. Also tried the Japanese food at the restaurant and I can only give it an average - not so authentic as compared to some Japanese restaurants that I have been to on Kuala Lumpur. Staff were friendly. Overall I like it's quiet ambience. Some of my Dislikes: need to go to the airport restaurants if you are fed up of the hotel food as there is no restaurants closed to the hotel. Also the hotel could improve on its hot water system as mine was not that hot. If you take the flights - it's most convenient hotel.

Room Tip: Ensure sliding door is locked all the time if you stay at the ground floor
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Me a business traveller who chose to stay in Palm Resort and I have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The ambiance, lush gardens, particularly the Fitness and Leisure center were the best for someone who work all day long away from home, to keep both body and mind fit. The staff here were courteous, professional at the same time very friendly.

Been to different places and stayed in many hotels but this is the only hotel which I found having the right environment for all purposes from business, personal, family and fun. The food here is limited which they can improve, but overall i would say its worth the stay for my expectation. I know the JB town had got lot of places to hangout and have fun...but i don't mind shedding a few dollars for the taxi than staying in some hotel inside the city which is really crowded for my lifestyle.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Leelakrishnan V
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Our family has just had a very pleasant stay here. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and large grounds.

This is our second time staying here. It is strategically located especially to the places that we intended to visit i e Legoland (about 20 mins drive) and Johor Premium Outlets (about 7mins drive). The hotel staff are very polite and knowledgeable in helping to provide us with information on how to get to places.

I was extremely impressed when they arranged to return my left behind clothing within two working days. No hassle. All very well done. My special thanks for this efficiency to Julie at Lost and Found , and to Norafara Atika Abdullah at Front Office.

Our first choice again this hotel for our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Benny L
Singapore
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Stayed 1 night ar this resort. Spacious room, big bathroom and lovely king sized bed with firm pillows. Room was decently clean but definitely needed upgrading and maintenance. Day curtains had blood stains, balcony had dead insects n was very dirty too, bathroom mat had a dead fly and the bath tub too. The dead insect was nearly the size of a cockcroach and was smacked to death in the tub n not removed when we checked it. Dare not use the tub.

Location is ok if you prefer to be away from the crowds in JB town and if you drive. Wifi didn't work for us despite given password and multiple attempts.

Overall, stay was still pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Senai
Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Johor Bahru
Perth Hotel
Perth Hotel
#2 of 2 in Senai
Somerset Puteri Harbour Iskandar Puteri

Been to Le Grandeur Palm Resort Johor? Share your experiences!