Stayed in a two-bedroom suite for two nights. The facilities are clean and attractive. The appointments were varied. The sitting room had no sofa, only a love seat and some dining chairs. But the master bath had an elegant English-style towel heating rack, an unexpected luxurious.
The hotel is conveniently located for visiting Winterthur and Longwood gardens and the Brandywine museum. The property itself has a relatively small footprint so there is not a lot of opportunity for strolling around. Also it is on a slope so there are a lot of steps between the main lobby and the room entrance where we stayed. The main lobby has a pleasant sitting area/game room. The Krazy Kats restaurant, named after one of the DuPont favorite aunts had good food and service,but the main dining room was really dark (no windows) so we always requested a room in the smaller, brighter room.
Only negatives were that a)the three kids in the suite next door were very noisy, and b) we found out at departure that they offer a special package that would have saved us over $100 across our two day stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small hamlet, once used by workers, has been converted to a hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn at Montchanin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Montchanin Village Hotel Montchanin
- Village Montchanin
- Inn Montchanin
- Inn At Montchanin Village Delaware