“Pleasant Surprise”

Clarion Hotel - The Belle
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We had an early flight to Chicago and I was looking for a good, clean hotel near the New Castle Airport the night before. When we arrived the toilet was not flushing, so we were immediately transferred to a larger room. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. The nice surprises were the bed and pillows were great and they offered courtesy parking with a shuttle van to and from the airport. The driver was on time to the airport, but unfortunately he left us waiting 25 minutes on the return pick up. Other than the driver taking his time to pick us up, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for airport trips since it is only 4 minutes away.

Room Tip: Very long hallways, make sure you are near the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

We thank you for sharing your experience and hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night. When we first walked in the chemical smell was overbearing. The room did appear to be clean, however I did find a black smudge on one of the pillowcases and a hair in the towels. But here is the kicker, my husband and I were exhausted as we began our day at 4 AM and helped our son move into an apartment at UD, so we slept separately in each double bed. In the morning after breakfast we decided to use our rooms bathroom. We had not checked out and it was not past the checkout time. When we arrived in the room, they had stripped only one bed and removed only the pillowcase from the pillow I used. They left the sheets on the bed I slept in. Thankfully I took a shower right before bed but frankly I find this quite disturbing! Not sure if I would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sweetsusan3
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Please accept my apologies for our housekeeping staff not understanding that you had not left the property. I will work with our staff to make sure that they verify the staus of our guests in a better fashion. I hope that you will offer us another chance to show you that your comments help us to improve our service and accommodations.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Nice quite hotel. Selected for its pet friendly status though I didn't need to use it but nice to know it was available. Staff was very friendly. Room was clean. Bed/pillows were great. Better than usual hotel breakfast. Will use again when in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your praise as well as your suggestion. We are currently reviewing how we may make some changes to the breakfast area to improve the flow. I hope that the next time you stay, those changes will be ready and that you approve. Look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed there overnight on a recent trip down rt95. I was using Choice Hotel points so I can't comment on price/value.

The lobby and front desk staff were very nice upon check-in.

The room was clean and a decent size. Linens were crisp, clean and not worn down. The beds were comfortable.

The breakfast are is too small for the numbers of people trying to use it. The staff did keep it stocked and cleaned.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

We appreciate your comments and will see what we can do to spread out the breakfast area a bit. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We really enjoyed the new décor of this very new, chic hotel. It is not old and tired as many in the chain are these days. The manager making my reservation was very helpful. You will enjoy your stay there.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FrequentHotel
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Very kind of you to take the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. It never gets old to hear that we have pleased a guest. Hoping to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Nice enough staff, but disappointing overall. The smell of the cleaning stuff they use was really strong and overwhelming (maybe to cover for the smoking rooms?). It took over an hour and a half to get room service delivered (three very simple dishes: burger, pasta, salad). Pretty good free breakfast, although the coffee was terrible. Normally I like to be leisurely at a hotel but we left as soon as we could.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

I would like to aplogize that our room service delivery took longer than you had expected. I will discuss with the restaurant your comments and recommend that if they are in a higher volume situation, to alert a guest of a potential delay. Relating to the coffee, I am somewhat surprised, as we generally get high marks for the coffee we serve. Perhaps it was the end of a pot, but please accept my apologies. Again, I will pass these comments along so that we may improve our service.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We are a family of 4 plus one small dog. The hotel in general is clean and nicely decorated. We stayed on the 1st floor in a pet friendly room for one night. The room was clean, had no smell and nicely decorated with the usual refrig, microwave, and coffee maker with Twinings tea bags (there was coffee too but I don't recall what kind). It had 2 different types of pillows (feathered and non feathered) for your sleeping pleasure! The cooling/heating unit had temperature touch control with auto on/off so it wouldn't run all the time. In short it appeared that the hotel pays attention to details. The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was great and had make your own hot waffles, bacon and sausage, scrambled eggs, breads etc. It was nicely laid out and the woman manning it kept a watchful eye. Yes I do know to flip it over after pouring the batter thank-you, just give me a second, OK? Sorry madam I almost forgot to leave the waffle iron open after finishing but you were right on the ball! I was just so excited with the choices, yum! For the price paid online at choicehotels, it was a great value!

1  Thank soccerSlaves
BelleGM, General Manager at Clarion Hotel - The Belle, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

I am glad to ear that you had the kind of experience that we strive to create for all of our guests. I also appreciate your taking the time to let us know that you noticed our efforts. As I am heading into a staff meeting, all our new comments are communicated and tis will be a pleasure to read to all.

Thank you again and hope t see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
Hotel du Pont
Hotel du Pont
#2 of 13 in Wilmington

Been to Clarion Hotel - The Belle? Share your experiences!