“Scrumptious”
Review of Augusta Grille

Augusta Grille
Ranked #80 of 132 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Where Southern Hospitality is Always in Season! Relax in our comfortable bar and lounge while enjoying one of our signature drinks. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Saturday with a wide variety of drink and appetizer specials. Our breakfast buffet is 6am to 10am daily, and dinner is from 5pm until close. (Closed after breakfast on Sundays.) During lunch hours of 11:30am to 2:30pm we can accommodate groups of twenty or more by reservation in the restaurant, or off-site catering to groups of ten or more. Located inside the Clarion Hotel -The Belle in New Castle Delaware, near Wilmington.Entrance is on Route 13 North just past the Route 295 exit for the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Look for the Clarion Hotel sign!
New Castle, Delaware
“Scrumptious”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I recently had dinner at the Augusta Grille in New Castle, DE. We had not been there for a while but we each had a very delicious meal. The place is never packed but that does not mean that there are problems with the food and service. More people should check this place out. We will continue coming here. It is a great value for your hard earned money.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Curt K

Atlantic City, NJ
“Food is great. Service needs help”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying the food was absolutely delicious!

That being said, here we go:
Had dinner with a larger group of 8 adults and kids. Our server immediately told us she was new. Ok, everyone starts sometime. We didn't realize she meant new to the entire restaurant business. I can honestly say I've never had service like this. A couple that was getting up to leave stopped at our table and wished us good luck. I'm not kidding. She would just walk away in the middle of taking our orders, get involved in conversations at the table and become completely distracted from what she was doing, go back to the beginning to ask the first person a question forgetting half of the orders. It was a real s*!t show. The poor bartender kept having to come over and correct things. It took 30 minutes for anything to come out because it took her almost 15 minutes to put the order in- I could see her at the computer. My meal came with a salad and rolls that I never got until the end of the meal after I asked for them. We sat there waiting for our checks as she went through the same show with a new couple that came in. We finally got up and went to the bar. 20 mins later she brought our checks and said "I think these are right." Oh boy. If you go, you will enjoy your food. Just try to go on this lady's day off.

2 Thank Mare1010
Saint Maries, Idaho
“Resturant”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

If this is the name of the resturant in the Clarion The Belle, this is where we ate dinner. We were only here one night & didn't feel like going anywhere else. Glad we didn't, it was absolutely delicious, very reasonable & our waitress was wonderful.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank HappyTraveler889
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A jewel”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

A planned trip with a stop off in Delaware was unexpectedly rewarding when myself and two friends decided to have dinner here because our first choice was booked. It turned out to be a trip to culinary heaven. Each one of us had a different meal and each meal was the best I've ever tasted. The food was visually stunning and beyond excellent. Any one who wants a real meal to remember should make this restaurant there first stop.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Penny B
Dover, Delaware
“Worth the toll on the Del Memorial Bridge”
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Just on the Delaware side of the Delaware Memorial Bridge you will find the Augusta Grille, the restaurant of the Clarion hotel. The entrance to the facility is right off Rt. 13 so it's not out of the way at all, and it is well worth the effort. I had the traditional ruben with their out of this world French Fries and Coleslaw; and my companion had the fish and chips with the Fries and slaw as well. Great taste, presentation, service (ask for Ariel) and plenty on the plate as well. My acid test, the coffee was great too. PS. real cloth napkins and silverware all at a very reasonable price. I've had dinner here a number of times and dinner service is just as good if not better. Never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2013