“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Lindenhurst, New York
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

This hotel was gorgeous, from the minute we walked in the door we were greeted with smiles. My husband and I got there at 930 A.M. and knew we were very early. We just wanted to check in so if we came back late we would be able to just get our key and go to the room. Our beautiful room was available and we were taken care of right away. Everyone from the desk people to the custodial staff said good morning, and can we help you with something. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I recommend the suites, I could have lived there! Only kidding, but it was beautiful.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “Liz B,”
Thank you for staying with us and saying such nice things about our hotel! Our associates absolutely believe in a “service with a smile” mentality and we are glad you noticed! While early check-ins are on an availability only basis, we are glad we could accommodate you in that way for your stay. Thank you for recommending our hotel to the web world and we hope to see you personally again soon at the Sheraton Wilmington South!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

My daughter surprised my wife and I with a night's stay at the Sheraton Wilmington South to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary. From the moment we arrived until we left the next day, EVERYTHING was outstanding. The desk clerks were so friendly and accommodating, even offering us complimentary drinks in the lounge to celebrate our anniversary.

Dinner in the Atrium Lounge was exceptional! Food was great and the bartender/waitress was super friendly. She presented us with free dessert compliments of the chef.

Then there was the room! Spacious, clean, new and fresh!

This was an AWESOME experience! We have traveled extensively and this one-night stay was equal to some of the best hotels we've stayed in.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear “thebeeve1,”
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South and congratulations on 39 years of marriage! That is truly an accomplishment. We are thankful you shared that experience with us. From the moment you arrived, our goal is to give you the best experience possible. Thank you for noticing our Food & Beverage outlets on our property, they are truly a hidden gem and the best part is there’s no need to leave our hotel! Our rooms are the newest Sheraton brand furniture, Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds, and the best quality products for our guests. Thank you for having such a great experience and we look forward to celebrating 40 years of marriage at the Sheraton Wilmington South soon!
Kerhonkson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during the weekend of the Dover NASCAR races. The staff is outstanding and helpful beyond words. The property is brand new and beautiful. The room was wonderful and huge in comparison to other rooms we have stayed in. I look forward to staying again in the future. Kudos to management as you have already achieved a superb level of customer service in a very short period of time.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear “AlyssaO1976,”
Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Wilmington South for your trip to the NASCAR race at Dover International Speedway! Located less than 45 miles from Dover International, we feel we offer the newest and most luxurious accommodations in the state of Delaware. As a hotel we hold customer service as the utmost priority and we appreciate you noticing that! We look forward for you staying with us again in the future as well and keep being a loyal NASCAR and Sheraton WIlmington South fan!
Camden, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Wilmington South and I have to say that I have never experienced more excellent Customer Service. The hotel was booked solid due to the race in Dover, and several events they were hosting at the hotel. The room was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. The only drawback we had was that there was a wedding reception (with a not so good wedding singer/band (LOL)) directly below our room. When this was going to go on until midnight we asked to if we could be moved. They were so accommodating, and moved us. Unfortunately the room they moved us to was directly over the swimming pool. Although it was not a problem for my husband (and it was quiet), I am very sensitive to chemical smells. I felt so bad and embarrassed to ask if we could back to our original room, but the young men at the front desk (who were absolutely swamped) were so wonderful and helpful. We did end up back in our first room. We just turned up the AC and wore our ear plugs until the reception was over. Not a big deal. I am still giving our say 5 stars. It's a beautiful hotel. Very easy to get too off 95N and 95S. The staff here are the be some of the best I've ever experienced, and I travel a lot. We were spending two nights. When we woke up the morning after our first night (wedding singer) we had two coupons for a complimentary breakfast that we used on our second morning. Again.... the best customer service ever!!!

Room Tip: If you are traveling on a weekend during wedding season (May-Oct) I would definitely as to not be pl...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jeremy C, General Manager at Sheraton Wilmington South, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear "DHarlander",
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I apologize that you had to move rooms (back and forth), but am happy that you thought our service was "excellent". We do not want our guests to be affected by music from another group, expecially if they are not a good singer/band (LOL). Please let us know next time you are staying with us and we will ensure your room is far away from the Ballroom.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

I recently attended a graduation and stayed at the Sheraton in New Castle, DE. I can truly say this was the best Sheraton I have ever stayed in on the East coast!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank GDP20019
Dear "GDP20019",
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Delaware. We appreciate your comments greatly. I hope you enjoyed the Graduation and maybe we will see you during an Alumni weekend visit!
Philadlephia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have a very good friend who travels to your hotel on business every few weeks, whom I meet. I usually stay over for one night, but there have been occasions where I stayed for two.
My trip to your hotel is a bit of a ride, coming from Bucks County, PA., and sometimes the traffic on I-95 is one frustrating mess.
That soon vanishes, once I enter your beautiful new lobby, restaurant/bar. I love the newly designed interior, so welcoming and comfy.
I've had the pleasure to get to know a few of your bar staff, and happy to report that one in particular, Debbie, has always been efficient, friendly and and extremely attentive, not only to me and my friend, but to everyone, whether there have been a few other people there, or fifty. Debbie introduced me to a Pomegranate Martini which is one of her specialties, and one that I now order each time. I admire a staff who can make a great connection with their clients.
Your staff at check-in, manager, and others have also given us reason to continue to stay, eat, drink and enjoy your hotel. The pool was clean and refreshing as were the rooms.
Keep up the good work! Great hotel! Great staff!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank WonderWoman1018
Dear "WonderWoman10",
I want to thank you and your friend for choosing to stay with us. I know the ride from Bucks County down 95 to us can sometimes be very stressful. It is great to hear that you have made a connection with Debbie in the Atrium Lounge and it seems you have taken advantage of most of the amenities we offer. We appreciate your loyalty and we will have that Pomegranite Martini waiting for your next arrival!
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I just can’t express enough gratitude that I have for what the Sheraton done for us on 4/28/12!!! Our event was amazing and the hospitality was impeccable!! From the décor to the layout of the entire venue was jaw dropping. The staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was to our likings and expectation. If I needed something they were there to fulfill it. Kudos to Ms. Fiona (An Angel in Disquise) who walked us through the process from beginning to end from the contract to the menu to it all!!! She was even readily available for us on the day of the event which was a Saturday!! If she had to step away the General Manager Step in and hats off to Mr. Lucas as well!! This is one great team at this new lovely location of the Sheraton on Wilmington 95 South. I couldn’t have asked for a better staff to have been available to make this once in a lifetime event to go down the way it did. Might I add the food was AMAZING!! I have not one complaint!!! I pray this Sheraton will stay on the charts for a long time coming!! Any other event I need to do will be sure to be done right at this location!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tessa B
Dear "Tessa B",
Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent event. It was our pleasure to assist in making your day so special! We hope you have plent of memories to last a lifetime! It is great to hear of hte connections you made with our staff. Let us know when you are ready to celebrate your next event.
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington Christiana
Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District

Been to Sheraton Wilmington South? Share your experiences!